Memory card for Viofo A129

We confirmed the Sandisk 200GB card working fine on A129, format the card in the camera for first time use.

Also we keep testing the VIOFO cards on many cameras everyday, no issues yet.

We confirmed the Sandisk 200GB card working fine on A129, format the card in the camera for first time use.

Also we keep testing the VIOFO cards on many cameras everyday, no issues yet.

What about 128GB card?
Is 128GB micro SD with MLC technologically possible?
Thanks.

What about 128GB card?
Is 128GB micro SD with MLC technologically possible?
Thanks.
Yes, it is possible, but is very expensive, we may release it in near future.

Whats up guys, how is the situation with y'all 256gb cards ??

Also there is a deal running on amazon, just not sure if it's a true u3...
Samsung Evo Select 256gb

Whats up guys, how is the situation with y'all 256gb cards ??

Also there is a deal running on amazon, just not sure if it's a true u3...
Samsung Evo Select 256gb

ae351c35fa6cf0d0c29969d16aa87bb8.jpg

It is a U3 Card, I was thinking of getting this myself. The camera will run a 256G card

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, just got my A129 a week ago, hardwired with original HK3 Viofo.
I use for the moment a Kingston 64Gb microSDXC I U1 class 10.
I noticed that randomly the camera beep once and take the video from start (before 3 min setting) and also sometimes fail to enter the parking mode.
Obliviously the card is the problem since he can handle only 10MB/S on write.
Now i consider Samsung Endurance 64Gb for around 20 $ or Samsung Evo Plus 128 Gb for around 30 $ (free shipping on both)
Viofo 64 Gb is around 45$ here (with shipping)

Samsung Endurance 64Gb is recommended for permanent writing , but his writing speed is 30MP/S since Samsung EVO has 90MB/S.

Viofo A129 max bitrate is 16.5 Mbps each this means that can be 33 Mbps, more than Samsung Endurance can take.

What would be your chose? Viofo MLC 64Gb is twice expensive than Samsung Endurance and more expensive than 128 GB EVO Plus.

Last edited:
IMO just get the Samsung Evo U3. Ive run this for more than a month non stop as I run my dash cam on a powerbank low bit rate for parking mode and it has not failed. Its a good value. Sandisk cards have failed me for simple smartphone use twice and I have used Samsung ever since on all my devices with no failure at all. Warranties mean nothing if you lose the data. Dont recommend SanDisk for anything IMO.

Is great, but still a month is not relevant enough.
You are right about warranty, it dosen't matter when you talking about losing data.
I found this:

"Endurance: slow and reliable, can handle more write cycles. Use it for data that frequently fills the card and gets overwritten, such as in dashcams or security cams. Evo: fast, handles fewer write cycles. Use it for storing images and data that isn't replaced often. "

On EVO official page is this: Product Limited 10 year warranty. * Warranty not valid when used in dashcam, CCTV, surveillance camera and other write-intensive devices.

Thats great to know. but a 128GB is about $20 something US dollars. I go with price and check it often.

Samsung Endurance 64Gb is recommended for permanent writing , but his writing speed is 30MB/S since Samsung EVO has 90MB/S.

Viofo A129 max bitrate is 16.5 Mbps each this means that can be 33 Mbps, more than Samsung Endurance can take.
You are confusing Mb/s with MB/s.
The Viofo video bitrate have no problem with any modern card from the market. The only problem can be poor cards like your Kingston or old Sandisk Ultra, not their write speeds.

enjoy,
Mtz

You are confusing Mb/s with MB/s.
The Viofo video bitrate have no problem with any modern card from the market. The only problem can be poor cards like your Kingston or old Sandisk Ultra, not their write speeds.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes and No. Thank you for your remark. That's why i kept the difference between lower letters and upper letters. So Viofo has 4 MPs (32 mb/s = 4 MP/s)?
In this case I believe i will go with Samsung Endurance.

My doubt was primarily regarding lifetime period vs capacity and if "endurance" type (Samsung and Viofo cards) really make some difference over cheaper but faster and higher capacity Evo Plus.

MP usually means Mega Pixels and is different from MB. You already wrote MP in two previous posts instead of MB and this is wrong.
If Viofo have 16mb/s video bitrate this means about 2MB/s which is so far from 30MB/s.

You can use this link for Mb to MB conversions: https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs

Again, you can buy any common card from the market because write or reading speed of the cards will be no problem with your dashcam.
So if you want to use the card for longer time go for High Endurance type, no matter the write speed.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
The benefit of the faster cards is not so much about the camera, more about your computer, high endurance cards are much slower to copy files off, some people like to archive all their recordings, that can be less time consuming with the faster cards

mmm... true about MP/s and MB/s, now i saw my mistake (it wasn't about MP/s at any time, just MB/s and Mb/s, wrong typing).
Anyway you guys make it all clear, despite my mistakes so thank you!
I will see today what i will order and i will come back with a review after a while.

I love this camera and the rear camera image is great even with black 85% window foil.

Thank you again!

Guys I need to get a Reliable and fairly Durable 256 GB SD Card, My first card I bought apparently is either defective or counterfeit (Evo Plus), now am left with two Options:-

Evo Select U3 256 GB
or
Sandisk Ultra Android A1 microSDXC UHS-I A1 256GB + SD Adapter(SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA)

Which one can withstand higher temps and overall More reliable ??... i dont like the idea of buying a second Evo Plus after the first bad experience lol !...

thanks,

Last edited:
IMO most likely you got a fake card or heat is a factor given where you are located. Possibly both were factors. I can say without doubt Samsung cards (even the lower tier ones like the Evo) are more reliable than comparable SanDisk ones based on my own usage experience for other hardware. I've had two SandDisk fail on me.

Back