NEW Product out now! VICO-WF1, WIFI!!

First as always thanks JazJon for reviewing the the WF-1 a bit more. Your videos look good. Now that I can use my phone to adjust the settings i am going to try to play around with mine tonight in my usual parking space near my streetlight, and see if i can get it to look better for over night parking protection.

Your bridge videos look really good. I'm downloading the the original files now to compare them with some of my night time TF2 archived Event Records.

What is your EV set to? mine was set at 0 and made things look a little dark in the day time. I have it up at 1.5 now.
Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
First as always thanks JazJon for reviewing the the WF-1 a bit more. Your videos look good. Now that I can use my phone to adjust the settings i am going to try to play around with mine tonight in my usual parking space near my streetlight, and see if i can get it to look better for over night parking protection.

Your bridge videos look really good. I'm downloading the the original files now to compare them with some of my night time TF2 archived Event Records.

What is your EV set to? mine was set at 0 and made things look a little dark in the day time. I have it up at 1.5 now.
Thanks again.

I left everything default except for night enhance mode to high. I'll try changing the exposure away from the default 0 at some point.

Ok so I confirmed the adhesive ball joint mount screw down nut is as tight as it gets. The square nub has too much okay still. Here is a video showing how it's susceptible to vibrations. I'm going to buy a stack of rubber O-Rings to see if I can improve stability. Imagine having a stack of rubber rings slightly longer than the neck of the mount so it creates an extra wide support base.

Last edited by a moderator:
I left everything default except for night enhance mode to high. I'll try changing the exposure away from the default 0 at some point.

Ok so I confirmed the adhesive ball joint mount screw down nut is as tight as it gets. The square nub has too much okay still. Here is a video showing how it's susceptible to vibrations. I'm going to buy a stack of rubber O-Rings to see if I can improve stability. Imagine having a stack of rubber rings slightly longer than the neck of the mount so it creates an extra wide support base.

You are on the right track @ creates an extra wide support base using stack of rubber rings
That was my suspicious at first place. Same weak bracket mount design has G1W dashcam as well ( discussed on G1W thread ), - I had similar vibrations ( clockwise and anticlockwise ).
In your case might help quick DIY, adding layer of electrical tape between bracket "neck" and vico body which slides into the unit. It looks from the video it has same as G1W lose connection in that point, so adding layer of electrical tape you will create like washer to give much firm conenction after bracket slided into vico. If this will work, then later you can DIY some proper "washer"-type solution instead of electrical tape to last longer, because every day sliding in / out, - electrical tape is not solution, - its just temporary diy to test if theory will work.

You are on the right track @ creates an extra wide support base using stack of rubber rings
That was my suspicious at first place. Same weak bracket mount design has G1W dashcam as well ( discussed on G1W thread ), - I had similar vibrations ( clockwise and anticlockwise ).
In your case might help quick DIY, adding layer of electrical tape between bracket "neck" and vico body which slides into the unit. It looks from the video it has same as G1W lose connection in that point, so adding layer of electrical tape you will create like washer to give much firm conenction after bracket slided into vico. If this will work, then later you can DIY some proper "washer"-type solution instead of electrical tape to last longer, because every day sliding in / out, - electrical tape is not solution, - its just temporary diy to test if theory will work.

Ok so as my last video showed it was as tight as it gets. The WF1 is still pretty susceptible to vibrations via Adhesive mount. Here is a new sample.

2013-11-10 WF1 Vibration Test Fragment of MOV_0072-92 (4-44-20 PM - 4-46-23 PM).mp4 (149.3MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!6EwyRAbC!ZropaRRs1WHjWjEP2Sb8KFx_8Ugg6xLniH6YwNPQw-8

I pulled over to stop at Walgreens in a bad part of town. I caught a Taxi cab getting pulled over by a cop for running a red light. As that happened some homeless get let a garbage can lid smack my car as he fished for cans. (no damage, was plastic)
Taxi gets a Ticket & Can Collecting Guy lets Garbage Lids hits my carFragment of MOV_0093 (117.7MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!CQQGgYLQ!BrkGdHYdUIoArq70DxydeDdSNyFTcFC_Tx2v5xCwP0w

So yeah back to adding more support for combat the vibration. I noticed the Suction Cup mount has a much wider support base next to the nub with an additional clip piece.

I discovered the ball socket is the same for both the adhesive and suction mounts. I swapped them and it seems to help maybe 50%. (but it's still not as solid as I'd like it to be)

lh1BQcol.jpg

I'll try the electrical tape suggestion first. If that fails or proves to be a bad long term solution, I'm going to hit the hardware store this week and try to build a rubber O-Ring/Washer/Gasket compression to add some downward support tension. (using the original ball socket again)

I added a double square of double stick tape to the square peg of the adhesive mount. Once I slide the WF1 on, it seems to be MUCH tighter with no/minimal wiggle.

Here's a new bay bridge recording I made tonight. The Bridge Roads are bumpy in some spots, not sure how the over all mount stability is though. (slightly better)

I still wish the "WDR" night recording was a bit better but it's not as bad as many other cams I've seen.

Last edited:
Here is the racing footage recorded by Vico wf1. The speed is up to 250kms. So impressive.

Last edited:
When I first got my WF1 I had been ruining both my WF1 and TF2 upfront until I was able to feel comfortable enough that the WF1 was good and stable enough to run solo.

I had the camera stop recording by itself one time calming the card was full even though the Loop Recording was set. It took a quick reboot. Other then that I have had no real issues for normal use of the camera.

For the past few weeks except very recently(Because i want to save some clips off my WF1 and have not been able to get around to getting it sorted) I have had my WF1 installed with the 3M mount and had been using it exclusively as my front camera with no other issues then the one time stated above. Other then my low light parking issues and the one small Smart Phone Application issue that the members who frequent the Vico section have read I am sure the more I use this camera for normal day time and decently lit night time driving the more I like it.

Firmware 1.51 for the WF1 has been released.
This update is a must and offers....

1. Improved image quality. Enhance the sharpness and clearness.
2. Improve low temperature endurance
3. Add “Second” digits into Time Stamp.

1. WiFi Auto Off
2. Rotate Video 180 degrees
3. Audio Alert Language Selections.
4. Add German interface and voice notification.

@CheckYourLights reports: "My WF1 looks amazing at night time under one streetlight compared to before when almost everything was crushed to black. It's almost TF2 good."

Also wanted to mention that the Android version of the VicoViewer app was updated to 1.1.7 added German interface.

Oh yeah I forgot YouTube has the new "remove song" feature that surgically removes the song. (instead of forcing you to lose/replace the entire original audio track)
I saw that feature was in beta awhile ago, must be rolled out by now nice.

Back