NEW Product out now! VICO-WF1, WIFI!!

I've been having this issue as well. I at one point had a Sandisk class 4 card in and did not seem to have any issues, but it was only an 8GB card I'm going to try to get a class 6/32GB card and see what happens.
Just took a quick look at the instruction booklet, and note that it says to use Class 10 8GB minimum...

Had a Sandisk 32GB class 10 and Transcend 32GB class 10 card both have given me memory card errors. I formatted them. I did a factory reset. No luck

Had a Sandisk 32GB class 10 and Transcend 32GB class 10 card both have given me memory card errors. I formatted them. I did a factory reset. No luck
That's troubling...in fact, I got the 'memory card error' message today but it resolved itself so I didn't think anything else of it - hope it's not a sign of trouble to come.

The camera worked all morning. I took it out of one car and put it in another. I went for an afternoon drive in a second car and after it booted I kept having problems.

Lucky I was able to format the micro card in my android phone and put it back in my WF1 while I was out. Everything seems okay now.

uploadfromtaptalk1391470483667.jpg
WF1 check in. :D

The camera worked all morning. I took it out of one car and put it in another. I went for an afternoon drive in a second car and after it booted I kept having problems.

Lucky I was able to format the micro card in my android phone and put it back in my WF1 while I was out. Everything seems okay now.

View attachment 3731
WF1 check in. :D
Would that suggest that it's still a card issue?

I'm not %100 sure yet. Since i formatted the card in my android phone yesterday i took it out of my Brothers Firebird and stuck it in another car today and is was fine so far.

Got the 'memory card error' again today on startup in the parking garage after work - but rebooted the cam (by unplugging it and plugging it back in) and all is well. Running a Class 10 32GB Sandisk card. Still pretty extreme temperature swings here (I am leaving the cam in the car and it will hit -15C at night), so I will chalk it up to that unless it becomes a bigger problem.

Mine has failed to power up a few times recently. I think I've identified two causes. The first is when I don't unplug the adapter from the lighter socket, turn the car off, exit the vehicle and hit the auto lock/alarm on button on my key fob, which maybe interferes with proper shutdown of the WF1 or somehow sends a surge to the unit because it is still connected to the socket. When I've come back to the car after doing that, the unit doesn't power up, and holding the button down for more than 10 seconds doesn't reset it. It is bricked. But waiting 12 hours has solved the problem and it works again the next morning.

I've also had a situation where I've pulled the adapter very quickly after the "system shutting down" announcement, and that also temporarily bricked the camera. But it started up again the next day.

Things to keep an eye on.

There is also a horrendous amount of static electricity here in the winter - very cold and extremely dry, so that may also be causing intermittent issues.

That's
Mine has failed to power up a few times recently. I think I've identified two causes. The first is when I don't unplug the adapter from the lighter socket, turn the car off, exit the vehicle and hit the auto lock/alarm on button on my key fob, which maybe interferes with proper shutdown of the WF1 or somehow sends a surge to the unit because it is still connected to the socket. When I've come back to the car after doing that, the unit doesn't power up, and holding the button down for more than 10 seconds doesn't reset it. It is bricked. But waiting 12 hours has solved the problem and it works again the next morning.

I've also had a situation where I've pulled the adapter very quickly after the "system shutting down" announcement, and that also temporarily bricked the camera. But it started up again the next day.

Things to keep an eye on.

There is also a horrendous amount of static electricity here in the winter - very cold and extremely dry, so that may also be causing intermittent issues.
That's interesting - as I assumed that pulling the adaptor would be the same as turning the car off (i.e., it just cuts the power, and the camera shuts down on battery power). But I agree, the hiccups I've encountered I'll chalk up to our extreme operating conditions - that said, glad for the one year warranty and glad I bought locally (although I might order an upgraded Mini 0801 from overseas when they are released, for the rear - don't mind gambling on a cheaper cam).

Yup, nothing serious so far. In fact, I visited an audio installer today and had them hardwire it, so no more adapter for me.

Yup, nothing serious so far. In fact, I visited an audio installer today and had them hardwire it, so no more adapter for me.
How did they do that, tofurkey? So that it only comes on when the car is running? Or always on? And did they not need to use the adapter (or some sort of adapter) to ensure the correct voltage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it was a bit of an accident really. I thought I was just requesting them to pull my A-pillar, hide the cable down the side and then under the dash, leaving the adapter at the socket for me to plug in/out as I wanted. Apparently, they thought I wanted it hard wired. So, I'm not entirely sure how they did it, but I was startled when I got in and couldn't find the adapter. So I started the car and it powered up. I shut down, it shuts down. Assuming they just wired it into the fuse box so that it mimics using the adapter in the lighter socket. I'm going to phone them up tomorrow and ask what they did - I had to cut out of the shop in a hurry to make another appointment.

So, if VicoVation updates the firmware for enhanced parking mode, I'm not sure how it will work - I wasn't sure how a firmware update could power the unit when the power is cut to the lighter socket anyway.

That's what I was wondering too - it would need power for parking mode, and a battery discharge prevention module - but that should be easy enough for your shop to reconfigure and install.

Yes, I suspect the firmware update will make the parking mode possible, but the owners who want to use it will be required to buy some hardware as you said. I would definitely consider it. My last car was beaten mercilessly in my previous regular parking spot with door dings from woman who parked next to me on my passenger side.

Yes, I suspect the firmware update will make the parking mode possible, but the owners who want to use it will be required to buy some hardware as you said. I would definitely consider it. My last car was beaten mercilessly in my previous regular parking spot with door dings from woman who parked next to me on my passenger side.
Me too, that's the one feature I would really like to see added - and for that reason was really encouraged by vadimus' post in the parking mode thread - and really intrigued as to what the 'intelligent' might refer to... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Today again I had the memory card error using a Transcend 32GB class 10 card. I was able to reboot and everything was okay after rebooting

uploadfromtaptalk1392330904860.jpg
WF1 check in

I had the memory card error message happen only once so far. Same card as you too. It was last month random evening.

Today again I had the memory card error using a Transcend 32GB class 10 card. I was able to reboot and everything was okay after rebooting

View attachment 3864
WF1 check in
I haven't had a memory card error since the last one about a week ago, using the Class 10 Sandisk 32Gb. It also sorted itself after rebooting (unplugging the cam and plugging it back in). I thought I might have a problem when I would hit 'Emergency Record', as the button would seem to keep flashing much longer than the 1 minute or so of record time (30 seconds really, because I think it is supposed to lock down the 30 seconds of video prior to hitting the button and 30 seconds more after), but it eventually goes out and all is well. I have been making a point of warming up the car a bit before plugging in the cam (as night before last it hit -24C). I'm thinking that the occasional memory card error may just be a dash cam fact of life?

I haven't had a memory card error since the last one about a week ago, using the Class 10 Sandisk 32Gb. It also sorted itself after rebooting (unplugging the cam and plugging it back in). I thought I might have a problem when I would hit 'Emergency Record', as the button would seem to keep flashing much longer than the 1 minute or so of record time (30 seconds really, because I think it is supposed to lock down the 30 seconds of video prior to hitting the button and 30 seconds more after), but it eventually goes out and all is well. I have been making a point of warming up the car a bit before plugging in the cam (as night before last it hit -24C). I'm thinking that the occasional memory card error may just be a dash cam fact of life?
I think sandisk always have problem.
In korea, It is not recommanded brand cause they use cheap nand flash.
Trancend is better.

Back