Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Parking Mode controlled by the 3-wire kit needs the beta.
I don't get why its still beta if the actual kit has already been released. Having said that is the beta backward compatible? If installed the beta, does one have to use the kit?

I don't get why its still beta if the actual kit has already been released. Having said that is the beta backward compatible? If installed the beta, does one have to use the kit?
No works without it.

The beta is the same as V1.3, but adds the automatic parking mode. You do not need to use the 3-wire kit with the beta if you don't want the automatic parking mode function. The official release may be out sometime next week from what I'm told. You can bounce between beta and older official firmware at anytime.

This Automatic word is not easy to be used when explaining parking mode because the first option of the Parking Mode is called Auto Event Detection.

thanks working now. bit of a bad design mind, a lot of strain on the plug now going into the side of the cam due to the angled power plug hitting the rear cam plug
You need to put charger cable close to the windshield, under the rear camera cable, not over the rear camera cable.

This Automatic word is not easy to be used when explaining parking mode because the first option of the Parking Mode is called Auto Event Detection.

You need to put charger cable close to the windshield, under the rear camera cable, not over the rear camera cable.
doesen matter which way you route the hardwire kit camera power plug, it still needs a tight bend put in it to plug it into the cam to avoid the rear cam plug. unnecessary strain on the camera power port and incoming cables imo. a little thought in the design would avoid this. why acc parking mode doesent work with the power cable through the mount using the kit is a big oversight and would solve the tight wires on the side of the cam.

Any update on a 5 sec delay going from low FPS mode to normal recording when G-sensor is activated in parking mode? Is it still there? Owners of A129, how do you cope with it?

If I want to use HK3, do I have to connect it to the camera? (instead of GPS)

The 3 wire comes with an L connector as does the rear cam connection. Is is even possible to place both on the cam like that?

The 3 wire comes with an L connector as does the rear cam connection. Is is even possible to place both on the cam like that?

Yes ,just pass the hwk plug behind the rear cam one,looks very neat as both leads run vertically up the screen before terminating into the headliner,very slight kink and not as sparky makes out above

Fits putting pressure on both connections, as you will see. Bad design which spoils a great dash cam.

Very badly designed. It should be all connected with one cable to the GPS.
If I wanted to have a permanently connected AV cable then this will be a problem.

All these problems can be avoided if HK3 will have a version with straight Mini USB connector just for the A129 Duo version. But in this way some people will not like the space lost by the cable.
Of course another solution is the Mini USB connector to be redesigned in some special way to fit the A129 Duo. It is not easy!

enjoy,
Mtz

All these problems can be avoided if HK3 will have a version with straight Mini USB connector just for the A129 Duo version. But in this way some people will not like the space lost by the cable.
Of course another solution is the Mini USB connector to be redesigned in some special way to fit the A129 Duo. It is not easy!

enjoy,
Mtz

But the auto detect acc parking mode does not work if plugged into the windscreen mount, why i do not know, seems a major oversight. Especially when the L shaped power hardwire plug conflicts with the rear cam plug.

It is very simple to understand why parking mode is not working when HK3 is connected to the GPS mount. The GPS mount have only 4 connectors. The mini USB connector from the camera have 5 pins. HK3 is using all 5 pins to offer auto detect car parked.
When camera is working in parking mode there is no need to quickly remove the camera from the GPS mount because it is expected the dashcam to stay forever in the car.
Some posts ago I explained that Parking Mode is working also without HK3 but it is not so good and precise as with HK3.

enjoy,
Mtz

It is very simple to understand why parking mode is not working when HK3 is connected to the GPS mount. The GPS mount have only 4 connectors. The mini USB connector from the camera have 5 pins. HK3 is using all 5 pins to offer auto detect car parked.
When camera is working in parking mode there is no need to quickly remove the camera from the GPS mount because it is expected the dashcam to stay forever in the car.
Some posts ago I explained that Parking Mode is working also without HK3 but it is not so good and precise as with HK3.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks for explaining. I thought a 3 wire kit would only require 3 pins.

I'd just like to report that I'm running the latest Beta firmware, (downloaded from the links here) and I'm using the three wire kit supplied by the Australian Viofo distributor.
Just as a note, it has a straight plug.
Everything works as advertised with the camera dropping into 5fps parking mode once I pull up. I haven't bothered to analyse the transition times.
I've got a Samsung 256 gig card inserted and decided to look to see how much footage is being captured in a regular week routine. Much to my surprise, I have three days captured as of course, the car spends most of the time in parking mode.
The timelapse of the carpark behind me at the National Park yesterday did make for amusing viewing.

To whomever it was that pointed out about the CPL filter being useful for looking through the windscreen reflection of the car behind, you are dead on the money.

Updated V1.5 firmware for public testing.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k5DMnX2jVM-ZZzhyZ-ThJmC4BwQUR1Xo
  • Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2 wires and 3 wires ACC hardwire kit.
  • Added: 2fps, 3fps options for time lapse parking mode
  • Added: Support show SSID, Car License number, Customize Text on APP.
  • Added: Support rear camera mirror
  • Added: Time zone option: -2:30
  • Updated: Support take a video snapshot while lock the video by remote control
  • Updated: Wake up the screen first while press the Menu / Rec / Mic / Video Source switch button in screen save mode;
  • Updated: Date format YY/MM/DD changed to YY – MM – DD
  • Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable

Back