Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Updated V1.5 firmware for public testing.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k5DMnX2jVM-ZZzhyZ-ThJmC4BwQUR1Xo
  • Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable

90 seconds was absolutely perfect. The Blackvue in my other car takes 3 minutes and that's far too long. I agree with what @NomadTech says....

5 minutes is way too long. The 90 seconds was good. If you needed to change, at least make it selectable from some values by menu.

Please give us the option to choose @viofo . I will probably skip this release due to this change.

90 seconds is perfect in an ideal world, it can be too short when you're stuck in traffic sometimes and the camera goes into parking mode when you should be driving

Reactions: Mtz
90 seconds is perfect in an ideal world, it can be too short when you're stuck in traffic sometimes and the camera goes into parking mode when you should be driving

Agree, 90 seconds was annoying in heavy traffic.

5min is perfect.

Most traffic stops here last between 60-180 seconds, few are in the range of 240-300, 5 minutes works. No issues with switching either, has been exiting Parking Mode consistently on getting in and closing the door.

How come on the Viofo site, the latest version is still 1.3?

Another option to consider @viofo - perhaps we could manually invoke parking mode using the bluetooth button (in addition to it starting automatically)? This would allow us to start it early, when needed. It wouldn't be needed to exit as the movement of the vehicle would still take care of that.

I do love the idea of the bluetooth button being customisable in general.

What exactly was annoying? Some beeps?

Yes
+ fact that I was not parked but still driving
+ loosing 6 seconds of recording once you start driving when lights goes green.

Don't get it, what's a big deal for few extra MB ?
It helps in those cases where 90sec was too short.
And it does not affect others at all.

If stuck in traffic, there's no need for high quality recording. You're basically stationary or moving very slow.
Even if you're in traffic, someone might hit you at speed (e.g. passing motorbike or cyclist). If your camera has switched to 5fps it might miss something.

I need too at A129 LED>Off menu. Please, LED>Off menu return.

@viofo
Can you add the option to show video in full screen? (without bars at the top and bottom and icons)
I would like to use the rear camera when I reverse my car.

bez_ikon.png

Of course, the camera is connected to the car's display.

Last edited:
Going full screen ( without OSD ) wouldn't that be with some cropping then as the screen are not the same aspect ratio as the video footage ?
I assume the video on the viofo and my SG are smaller than the screen and so have room for the OSD as the video footage are locked to the with of the footage and so in height you have a surplus with room for OSD.

You can maybe stretch the image in height to fit screen without OSD, don't think that would warp the image too bad.

Back