SG9663DC Doesn't boot up automatically after long periods of time

bagger288

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I recently purchased this dashcam in December and it's been working great so far except for one minor hiccup.

After long periods of time (post low voltage cutoff) I have to manually turn on the dashcam. I am using the hardwire kit and the dashcam operates normally throughout the day. It goes into parking mode when the ignition is switched off, after a 10 hour work shift in parking mode (after low voltage cutoff is achieved) the dashcam reboots like normal once I start the car, low voltage is set at 12.2 (DMM shows 12.4 on the battery once low voltage kicks in) but after about an 18 hour period or so of being idle, the dashcam does not turn itself on automatically. If I turn off the engine and turn it back on again when this happens, it will reboot like normal.

Is this normal or did I do something wrong with the hardwire kit? the BATT is wired into my door lock fuse and the ACC is wired into my accessories fuse.

Any help is appreciated!

E: I am currently on the October firmware.

I think this are the latest firmware,,,, beta, but fully functional and should not cause any issues.

I'll try updating the firmware today. This has been occurring since December (when the October firmware was most up to date AFAIK). Just wondering if it was an issue unrelated to firmware.

I will update the firmware today and update if it has fixed the issue in a couple days.

I'll try updating the firmware today. This has been occurring since December (when the October firmware was most up to date AFAIK). Just wondering if it was an issue unrelated to firmware.

I will update the firmware today and update if it has fixed the issue in a couple days.

may relate to where you have pulled power from, what vehicle and which circuits have you tapped into?

may relate to where you have pulled power from, what vehicle and which circuits have you tapped into?

That's a good point, some computer controlled circuits can be problematic. (they have their own sensing shut down operations etc)

Maybe ? if the always on tab are on a smart circuit, then shouldn't that just have a effect on how long parking mode will be able to go on, here it sound like something tumble on start, where a smart circuit ( ACC or always ) should just come on.
I am thinking maybe the HW kit when it have been all the way down to cut off, have a problem coming back to normal operations when the drive resume / start.
Then again testing the HW kit bottoming out and doing low voltage cut off should be firmly tested out by the factory and "the man" so again a dashcam problem have me confused.

If i was @bagger288 i think i would try and move the always on tab to another fuse and see how that go if the FW update don't fix the problem.

3d-illustration-of-ladder-in-ground-hole-CYPK52.jpg

We will get to the bottom of this.

Thank you for the replies all. I will be updating the firmware today and if that doesn't fix it tomorrow morning, I'll change the always on fuse first to see if that works, then the ACC fuse tap the next day. I'll report back by end of week with my findings after the multi day test.

@jokiin The vehicle is a 2017 Honda Accord Sport. Tapped into fusebox under the dash, Always on to the door locks fuse and ACC tapped to accessories fuse.

I appreciate the responsiveness!

I'm following this thread with interest. I have had one customer with what appears to be this exact issue and there is a thread on Reddit with someone also having what appears to be this exact issue. These users have the Viofo A129 with the Viofo 3-wire kit, but the hardwire kit appears to be very similar. The interesting part is that they are both driving 2018 Hondas. Could be just a coincidence, but worth noting. The link to the Reddit thread is below for those interested.

Thank you for the replies all. I will be updating the firmware today and if that doesn't fix it tomorrow morning, I'll change the always on fuse first to see if that works, then the ACC fuse tap the next day. I'll report back by end of week with my findings after the multi day test.

@jokiin The vehicle is a 2017 Honda Accord Sport. Tapped into fusebox under the dash, Always on to the door locks fuse and ACC tapped to accessories fuse.

I appreciate the responsiveness!
door lock fuse is likely an issue as these are ECU controlled, I'll check with our installer today for you and let you know

also need to know which circuit you have tapped for accessories

Last edited:
The ACC is tapped into 'ACCESSORY' fuse (how it was listed on the repair manual). Fuse 37 I believe it was.

I just updated the firmware. Tomorrow morning I will see if the cam boots normally. If not I will attempt to use a different fuse for the always on other than the door locks fuse.

I need to know there was more than 1 accessories circuit.
Never really dealt much with the cars own loom, what i did pretty much forced you to stay out of the weak loom of a car, putting the extra big ass high beams on my L200 pickup was the only time i ever had melting insulation fumes in my car, and still everything worked once i replaced smoking wire and connected it right, but the burn mark on the floor mat remained for the rest of the time i owned that car.

Car specific service (y) :cool:

Fuse 40 may be a better choice, will confirm later when our installer is in the office

yep fuse 40 is what you should use for ACC, for the permanent power though your car is CAN-BUS and all the preferred options are in the engine bay fuse panel, might be a bit of trial and error to see if you can find an appropriate circuit in the interior fuse panel

Hello,

I updated the firmware earlier this week and the problem seems to have gotten worse. I did provide the wrong info originally, My ACC was tapped into MISS SOL (it worked when i first installed going into parking mode so I didn't question it)

This morning I have changed the ACC tap to the power socket fuse 40 and moved the BATT to the lumbar support fuse 28. The power socket loses power like normal when I remove the keys from the ignition, but the dashcam does not enter parking mode. If I unplug ACC fuse tap manually, it goes into parking mode.

This is odd to me as I would expect when power is cut to the fuse the dashcam would recognize it, but it seems like this is not the case.

Maybe I need to try different fuse tap for ACC?

Attachments

• 20190216_072010.jpg
    20190216_072010.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 9
Back