SG9663DC Parking mode not working anymore, LCD won't turn on or Record

triops44

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a SG9663DC install with the StreetGuardian Hardwire Kit from 2018, recently I noticed no more recordings after a week ago, and no more rear cam view.

There's no recordings while driving or while parked like before. On startup, the REC blinks Red intermittently, but the unit is nonresponsive and no LCD, and I don't think it's actually recording, no beeping for SD errors though, sd card seems fine on PC. To get it to turn on I have to long press the on button to restart it, which will turn on the LCD and SG Logo screen, and I can enter the menu, but the rear cam 50/50 will not be there in picture in picture or rear cam display mode. Also, the previously working 3 wire parking mode and shutdown timer options don't work, it says requires SGDCHW Power Lead, but it has been hooked up with no problems for years, and I checked the fuses. The power mode setting is set to 3 wire.

I don't have the cigarrette 2 wire power supply anymore. I originally tried swapping the hardwire kit with the Viofo HK3 since the SGDCHW isn't on Amazon prime anymore, but no difference in cam behavior. I tried starting it with no SD card and no rear cam plugged in, and it still starts with only the REC blinking and no LCD. I tried the reset pinhole and resetting settings to default, and I checked that I have been on the latest 1.49 firmware from 2019, and no difference.

Can I assume the cam is fried? It's just strange that it stopped working with no changes, but also strange that it seems to turn on normally after long pressing power after the engine is on, and sometimes the rear cam works.

Back