Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

I tried Mighty777's 1.5.6. 50Mbps first and found a file split at 7-9 MB and the remainder of the filming with a very high kbps rate for the first and 35-36 for the remainder . I think a slow card could have caused the split.

I don't think is MicroSD card the issue of splitted file and reduce of bitrate. I have Samsung 64Gb Evo Plus in it, that can reach over 60Mb/s Write speed . I rather think is something about the Xiaomi temperature, when it write that much data it gets quite hot... actually very hot.

Hello

Sorry for n00b post. I have the Yi Action Camera model 88001 shown here...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B016MAUHOK
Firmware 1.5.6
S/N Z26L640AUS4407322

I would like to load a custom script on an SD but I am nervous from a previous brick.

Would the Z23S 1.5.12 50M bitrate firmware posted by KOKD on September 2 work for my particular camera? Should I upgrade to latest firmware or I probably need Z26 specific script?

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
I don't think is MicroSD card the issue of splitted file and reduce of bitrate. I have Samsung 64Gb Evo Plus in it, that can reach over 60Mb/s Write speed . I rather think is something about the Xiaomi temperature, when it write that much data it gets quite hot... actually very hot.
Only the 50 Mbit 1.5.6 fw caused the odd file split, the 35 Mbit, on high, quality from Widodo works fine

According to info. in DCT thread Xiaomo Yi elf files to unbrick camera if you have ser.#:
YDXJv 22 = Z221, Z231, Z23A, and Z23S all use the same fw.
YDXJv 22L = Z22L, Z23L, and Z24L same as above
YDXJv 25 L = Z25L
YDXJv 26 L = Z26L

Hi, sorry for the late reply. No,nothing strange happen when installing, but something happen when recording....
I find that after 3-4 minute the file split, from 50M bitrate it seems to reset itself to 30M-35M until the last file. I don't know if is the autorec file or the firmware itself, not try it yet to confirm which one is the cause.

Update
tried with and without autorec file the same result.... you can see in the picture what I meanView attachment 44789
I 've tried to use the 50 Mbps 1.5.6 fw from Mighty I ran two approx. 24 sec vids first at room temp. and after two minutes in the freezer with a Z23L" 1sec.70 Mbps and 23 secs.32 Mbps, and the second from the freezer 2 secs. and 54 Mbps and 24 secs. at 31 Mbps. It's not the heat , but the fw. No problems recording with Wididos 35 Mbps fw.

...looking for a free software testing upscaling from 1280 x960 to 1920x1050 because shotcut is crashing on my win7 32 bit system while loading plugins.
Any idea?
I realize this is a very old post , but Wondershare filmora is freeware with an action cam tool that will render to gopro superview!

im using Widodo firmware and like it....,any way to bump it up to 40mbps or more? i want use the Yi on my drone..any other combination of scripts that could help the recording quality while in the air?
thanx

Hey guys i just want to share my modified Z23L Firmware base 1.5.12.
Custom Bitrate for almost all resolution :
High - 35 Mbps
Medium - 30 Mbps
Low - 25 Mbps

Wifi Live Preview at 2Mbps
and also i change the file size limitation to 4GB.

here are the download link to the firmware
Google Drive (Z23L)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQKAM6AARqIxobxSLd3pfaQUc7unFXu8/view?usp=sharing

use it at your own risk.

Does this also have the sharpness mod?

Also, thanks a ton for the link - worked like a charm on my device. No complaints, looks a decent bit better.

Does this also have the sharpness mod?

Also, thanks a ton for the link - worked like a charm on my device. No complaints, looks a decent bit better.

Hello to you, there is someone who can modify his files that I can use them with firmware 1.5.12 instead of 1.2.13 and my cam is version 23L

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    1 KB · Views: 13
im using Widodo firmware and like it....,any way to bump it up to 40mbps or more? i want use the Yi on my drone..any other combination of scripts that could help the recording quality while in the air?
thanx
yes you can bump it up to 50mbps by using autoexec.ash script, just put the file on your sdcard. thanks to aristofun on github for the resolution addresses.
and you can get more quality recording by using the combination of YIMAX TUNE Script and 45mbps bitrate script. Thanks to nutsey for making an awesome script.

Attachments

• yi-bitrates-master.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 69
  • YiMax Tune Z23L 45mbps by nutsey.zip
    2 KB · Views: 101
I have problems with wifi pairing after installing custom firmwares

Last edited:
After setting to factory settings wifi pairing works again

yes you can bump it up to 50mbps by using autoexec.ash script, just put the file on your sdcard. thanks to aristofun on github for the resolution addresses.
and you can get more quality recording by using the combination of YIMAX TUNE Script and 45mbps bitrate script. Thanks to nutsey for making an awesome script.
Is the script working on the original stock 1.5.12 as well?

This Z23L flickers with a bluish tint, camera status lights are off:
DependableEveryAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

BadPoorIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

On custom firmware from

And during playback of 2k resolution video file on i5 4th gen computer(using USB 3.0 card reader),the audio lags behind the video.
Using kmplayer or media player classic.
Wondering if others have such problem?

Last edited:
View attachment 46053View attachment 46056

I tried this on my Z23L and it cuts the files into multiple little files 30-80 MB, first file has 40k bitrate and the other ones about 25-27k..

I copied the goprawn.conf and autoexec.ash on my sd root, it beeps 2 times with purple light, then once long with red light, then it turns on with blinking normal blue light..

Does the long beep with red LED mean something bad?

So I also tried just using the ash file modded for my needs.. 1080p60 from 40 to 50 mbit has this problem.. 35mbit record for 5-10 minutes in 35mbit and then drops to 25 mbit..

My SD card is a sandisk ultra 64gb xc1 card (of course original)

So I also tried just using the ash file modded for my needs.. 1080p60 from 40 to 50 mbit has this problem.. 35mbit record for 5-10 minutes in 35mbit and then drops to 25 mbit..

My SD card is a sandisk ultra 64gb xc1 card (of course original)
i think it's reach the limit of your sdcard write speed.
my Samsung EVO Plus 64GB record 1080p60 with 45 mbit with no problem , there is no file split.

I don't think the card is slow, I bought it 6 months ago from MediaMarkt in Turkey.. it says Sandisk ULTRA 64 GB SD-XC1.. unfortunately I don't have a USB 3.0 card reader to test out the best speeds...

What I've noticed is that the camera gets extremely hot with this higher profiles.. could it be the reason?

Back