70MAI Pro custom firmware.

It's a little bit tricky - you'll have to flash a Chinese fw and turn it on in it.
Hey, ty for your work.
Is it safe to switch from eng to Chinese fw and can you link this one :D ?

I found how to enable WDR by v_max from 4pda

What you need
- FW 1.0.7CN
- FW 1.0.7NA
- Multipatch V5

1. Copy paramdef and media_app_zip.bin from Multipatch V5 to both Chinese and English FW
2. Install Chinese FW to your Dashcam
3. Resetting Dashcam to factory default and enable WDR in Advance Settings , you can use phone to google translate or this Link to navigate, don't forget to disable parking mode before turn off Dashcam in case you inadvertently turn it on
4. Install English FW with paramdef and media_app_zip.bin from Multipatch V5 DO NOT reset after this

After turning WDR on I found videos have increased in details and noise, Thanks again for your hard work nutsey.

I found how to enable WDR by v_max from 4pda

What you need
- FW 1.0.7CN
- FW 1.0.7NA
- Multipatch V5

1. Copy paramdef and media_app_zip.bin from Multipatch V5 to both Chinese and English FW
2. Install Chinese FW to your Dashcam
3. Resetting Dashcam to factory default and enable WDR in Advance Settings , you can use phone to google translate or this Link to navigate, don't forget to disable parking mode before turn off Dashcam in case you inadvertently turn it on
4. Install English FW with paramdef and media_app_zip.bin from Multipatch V5 DO NOT reset after this

After turning WDR on I found videos have increased in details and noise, Thanks again for your hard work nutsey.
Thank you for steps.
If I follow the steps described by you, will I have a WDR option even if I install the NA version? I mean I find the option in the advanced menu

Thank you for steps.
If I follow the steps described by you, will I have a WDR option even if I install the NA version? I mean I find the option in the advanced menu

No WDR option in NA version but I think WDR should remain on as long as you not factory reset it.

I think WDR should remain on as long as you not factory reset it.
But i will have this option ins NA fw? Or will disappear but will be activated? How i can know if this function is on? Number plate will be visible at night?

After inspecting videos with V5 patch+WDR I found

- much better and much stable white balance, color look less saturated
- better dynamic range, with direct sunlight it can capture both ground and sky but sometime can't read plate ahead
- more noise reduction compare to V3?
- almost no flickering
- worsen motion blur?
- files size smaller compare to V3
- weird lighting
- more readble plate when hit with headlight
- still too dim at night

These just my opinion, it's maybe wrong.

After inspecting videos with V5 patch+WDR I found

- much better and much stable white balance, color look less saturated
- better dynamic range, with direct sunlight it can capture both ground and sky but sometime can't read plate ahead
- more noise reduction compare to V3?
- almost no flickering
- worse motion blur?
- files size smaller compare to V3
- weird lighting
- more readble plate when hit with headlight
- still too dim at night

These just my opinion, it's maybe wrong.

Wow. Very very close to what I've really done.

Smaller files due to less useless details (noise).
Worse motion blur due to longer exposure time to avoid flickering,
Better highlighted plates due to negative exposure compensation.
"Weird lighting" due to ghosting HDR stitching artifacts.

Last edited:
What resolution would be better to put 2592×1944 or 2560×1440?

nutsey video feedback for you (with wdr on)

Yes, and I believe it won't affect any flickering increase, but you'll get ~17% more frames to your footages.
I'll try to change this setting in the morning. How can I check if I have lost frames? Do you use a software to check?

Back