70MAI Pro custom firmware.

Flickering test.
What do you think?

Hello Nutsey.

I don´t know if is youtube encoding, but look at the top (sky), light pole are full or artifacts, missing frames etc,
you can see it before enter the tunnel is much worst.

In general the video quality is not good before the tunnel,, also if you notice on camera timer at second 26
just a few seconds before the end of the tunnel the picture quality gets much better and clear.

After the tunnel the light poles are almost normal, and in general the video quality
is also better than before.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards

Thanks for your feedback!

Here is the raw footage for more thorough analysis: https://mega.nz/#!eqYEXS7K!a83ZpQDo-wVVELORJhzMSIw8oTPv8atEJheIQVdmHK0

Hi..

yes,, now it is a clear video, and i verify that if we watch it here on page the quality is very low,,
going direct to youtube and changing it to max resolution the video is also ok.

Tanks Nutsey,,, do you have a night video to post ?

I want to upgrade and use your Patch,, but don´t know were to download it.

Regards

Great for me when can we expect the link ????

Tanks,, good video, and clear licence plates, only have low light.

At start the image is very dark, than it starts to get better, but maybe the sensor can´t get
more light, or it needs more sensitivity settings.

I think the "dark" video is related to the sky have some light, maybe at full night it gets better,
or in different conditions, but we can see that the quality and definition is good,, only low light is notice.

I prefer to wait for a "tuned" version, take your time to make the correct adjusting.

At start the image is very dark,
Negative EV correction means shorter exposures and/or lower ISO values. Both are good for low light image quality (better motion blur, less noise and highlight clipping).

Negative EV correction means shorter exposures and/or lower ISO values. Both are good for low light image quality (better motion blur, less noise and highlight clipping).
Hello Nutsey.

I recognize your work and effort to improve the camera image, so please understand
my opinion as constructive criticism, not as a complaint or a bad intention,
you do what you think is better.

At night as much as during the day the image quality
It is always important and very required, but at night
it is necessary to have a different balance of the day.

This is because at night the importance of quality decreases
proportionately to the need to see something.

What I mean is, if I can't see something, it's much worse than seeing very little with high quality,
so I'd choose a low quality in benefit of not having such a dark image where almost half
doesn't even appear.

In your night video indeed the quality is good, but only where there is a large amount of light,
everything else becomes "invisible" and any detail on the opposite road such as objects etc.
not even poor quality will be recorded.

Imagine surveillance of a house, it is better a low quality recording and even noisy where what happens
is visible, than a high quality image where no one knows what actually happened,
because it is very dark and there is no information at all.

Maybe you can find a better balance for the night video.

This is just my opinion, because I think that at night the priorities are different from the day about quality,
I also don't know if the camera can make all these compensations.

But I appreciate your work, and when you're done I'd like to test the V4.

Any more videos please post it,, is always good to see the evolution of your work.

Regards

Roturbo.

Hello

nutsey

what happened that you are not on the forum ???

Let's summarize the goal.

What do we want to see here?

1. Bright picture without flickering.

or

2. Readable license plates.

V3 is excellent for capture plates at day but at night it still has room for improvement. At night dashcam can only capture plate from car ahead that move at same speed as my car and sometime can't read because plate overexposed.

Maybe we need to increase max. ISO a bit for shutter speed?

At night dashcam can only capture plate from car ahead that move at same speed as my car and sometime can't read because plate overexposed.

Maybe we need to increase max. ISO a bit for shutter speed?
Higher ISO will cause more noise and overexposure.

Higher ISO will cause more noise and overexposure.

I think 1-2 stop is still acceptable. Can you incease ISO for night time only?

Sorry if it sounds silly, I don't know what can or can't adjust.

I think 1-2 stop is still acceptable. Can you incease ISO for night time only?

Sorry if it sounds silly, I don't know what can or can't adjust.
The ISO is limited at 2400 in the V3. This value corresponds to the maximum analogue gain for the IMX335 sensor. I don't think using any digital or ISP gain is a good idea for a dash cam at all.

Back