Mini 0801 with Ambarella A7 + WDR

it's only on a beta firmware right now, there are some image quality adjustments that need to happen but Chinese New Year got in the way of that samples have been done as Mini and Micro versions, no firm decision which will be released as yet, leaning towards Micro unless some fault pops up, tooling for Micro USB version of the bracket and housing is already completed
GPS bracket may be interchangeable, will have to double check, they are physically identical (the mini USB version at least) need to make sure the hardware is compatible though
expected mass production end of February, available shortly after

If the new mounts aren't shared then they may be shooting themselves in the foot with the new version in the same way Psion did when they moved from the 3 to the 5.

I have just bought a current model 801 from JooVuu (great and fast service BTW) and plan to maybe by a new version if it has better night capability. My goal would be to use the current mount with the new camera in the front and then use the new mount into the rear window of the car. If they aren't compatible then I may just decide to not bother.

In the same way I expect that there are owners of the current model that would by the updated version and just recycle the 'old' one into a second car if they don't need to mess around with redoing the mounts, otherwise they may just not bother.

These things NEED to be compatible.

As I know it will be released on March, need wait at least 2 weeks.

We've been speaking to the manufacturer about the Mini 0803 today and apparently they're considering whether to include a lane departure warning system! That would be a great feature.

We've been speaking to the manufacturer about the Mini 0803 today and apparently they're considering whether to include a lane departure warning system! That would be a great feature.
That would be a great excuse to bump the price up and something else that can go wrong.

LDSW implementation cost only a "penny" and it should not affect final prise.
LDSW becomes more like a trend in order to keep up, or stand out from competitors.
Having extra features always brings more attention to a product, - its kinda marketing trick.
Overall I have never been a supporter of all-in-one solutions ( beside Leatherman or Victorinox ), because dashcam built in LDSW performance is not fully reliable compare to car dedicated factory built in LDSW solutions. Dashcam LDSW might work at day time but many of them struggle to work properly at night.
Anyway, as mentioned - its good to have some extras, just in case ;)

Chipset in the 0803 doesn't support LDWS anyway so I'm not sure where this idea came from
The manufacturer I spoke to earlier mentioned that they were considering adding it along with some other functions that they didn't specify.

to add it would mean a change of chipset and new PCB, it's not just a firmware adjustment or an add on that can be done to the existing hardware

To add LDWS as Jokiin states is either a new chipset or extra hardware both of which will change the FW. If a manufacturer is telling you they can add it via FW it will be an incredibly dodgy version as it will have to rely upon a pre-set programmed conditions rather than identifying and reacting. Therefore it would probably be incredibly buggy and unreliable...and that's at best.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

They didn't mention how they were considering implementing it but I'm sure they wouldn't include any features that were detrimental to the overall performance of the camera. I think it's positive to see manufacturers thinking about ways that they can develop dashcams beyond improved image quality and performance though. Features like LDWS or road sign recognition could all have a place in future car camera technology.

Let's face it guys, it's only the moronic f*ckwits who can't manage to stay in lane - and I very much doubt these are the type of people who buy dashcams.
Manufacturers should concentrate on improving the basics - ability to pick up number pates, low light recording, reliability... rather than cramming gimmicks into smaller cases just to flog their cams

These cameras are made by a very respectable no-name factory in China. If it wasn't any good, wouldn't they put there name on it?

These cameras are made by a very respectable no-name factory in China. If it wasn't any good, wouldn't they put there name on it?

Check ODM ;)

Let's face it guys, it's only the moronic f*ckwits who can't manage to stay in lane - and I very much doubt these are the type of people who buy dashcams.
Manufacturers should concentrate on improving the basics - ability to pick up number pates, low light recording, reliability... rather than cramming gimmicks into smaller cases just to flog their cams

I agree with you in most way, but from the other side its amount of consumers who dictates demand. If "we" are in big minority, who want high-end devices which we ready to pay 300-500usd, - then for manufacturer is not profitable to invest money into. Thats all business and it has been always like that. Unfort now majority of "average Joe" ready to pay max 70-100usd.
For minority who wants high-end devices and ready to pay 5-10× more than "average Joe", its only left to hope and wait when some "B&O" ( Bang & Olufsen ) - type company will produce product that can fill in all needs.

Ask anyone that has it, seems to be questionable feature anyway

It's a feature on my Vico WF1. The first thing I did was plug the camera in. The second thing was turn off the lane departure warning system

Chipset in the 0803 doesn't support LDWS anyway so I'm not sure where this idea came from

a big customer asked for A7-LA50 chipset instead of A7-LA30, so LDWS is realizable now.
50 and 30 are point-point fitting on PCB and other hardwares.

Last edited:
if you want a branded mini 0801, please choose ProCam CX4. they are totally same but only packaging difference.

most users want more functions in one device if the prices are same. :D

most users want more functions in one device if the prices are same. :D
I'm all for more functions as long as they are useful. Like I don't know how the Mini handles locked files, but i love the event button on my Vico devices. Creates one separate folder for locked files and only saves one min per file instead of locking the entire file and making new folders each time the camera is turned on like my G1W.

Back