Mini 0801 with Ambarella A7 + WDR

most users want more functions in one device if the prices are same. :D
Most users only think they must have more functions because manufacturers tell them they must.
Most people don't realise that they will rarely, if ever, use any of the fancy features. In fact, they'll most likely turn them off.

most users want more functions in one device if the prices are same. :D

This is good sales / marketing trick, even if after few days of use customer will "forget" those "extra options" ;)

Ask anyone that has it, seems to be questionable feature anyway

I was about to reply but CheckYourLights said what needed to be said.

It's a feature on my Vico WF1. The first thing I did was plug the camera in. The second thing was turn off the lane departure warning system

+1

With a long request list of things to make the Mini better, they focus on the one thing nobody wants? As we say in the US: K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid). No one on the forum complained about a drifting out of their lane problem.

Or, maybe they posted the add of this new feature just to justify a delay in issuing the new model on the market.

Do you have an estimated price for this new mini 0801?

On the other hand, when will you begin the selling of the new Guard Trak?

Thank you very much

Is there any possibility with this one to allow a 180° rotation for mounting in Right Hand Drive cars?

Having a distracting screen in the eyeline, when mounted to the right of the rear view mirror. If you mount it to the left of the mirror, it has to be mounted a long way to the left so the lens isn't obscured by the blacked out/dotted area behind the mirror.

I guess you could just mount it upside down on the left side of the mirror, but it would be better if you could flip the screen orientation.

Screen doesn't stay on while driving, mounting options will obviously differ from vehicle to vehicle though regardless

I didn't realise that it went off, thanks, that helps.

In the same way I expect that there are owners of the current model that would by the updated version and just recycle the 'old' one into a second car if they don't need to mess around with redoing the mounts, otherwise they may just not bother.
These things NEED to be compatible.
----------------
This is what I'd like to know asap so I can go through with an install next week with the current 0801. I don't mind purchasing again a month from now because I can use my old one as a rear camera. However, I don't want to pay for another wiring install for a new power source. Anyone have any info?

Here we are at the beginning of March. How long we still have to wait for the launch of the new Mini 0801 with A7 processor?

It's pending a firmware fix which requires an update to the SDK before release, Ambarella engineers are working on it now

Thank you. Ok, they are working but it will take a month to start selling it? I have it on my short list but I won't wait for much longer so an estimated release date is what I need to know if anybody knows from the manufacturer.

Back