ENK2302

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
But I can connect to the dashcam using my android phone, I can manage this with the thinkware9f direct wifi connection. Can connect to the cam using the hotspot option on my phone.
My stupidity comes from my absolute inability to connect to the cam when it is connected to a Huawei portable wifi router- the plan is to leave this permanently in the car. Just to be clear it is a mobile router with a built in sim.
My phone and the camera are both connected to this intermediate router, but I cannot connect to the camera this way. The thinkware cloud app seems to insist on turning on the mobile hotspot in my phone to connect.
That wouldn't be a big issue, but it.means pressing that wifi button on the cam once to connect, and then again later to force it to search for the the huawei router.
Running the latest cam firmware??1.09
Tried everything on 2.4 and 5ghz settings, and that.mafe no difference.
Surely I'm not the only person to want to do this, so why do I seem to be the only one who camt fet it to work?

I guess I am thick, but any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ian

I see what you mean but how it's working is correct. It can only connect to one hotspot at a time and the phone has to be connected to it directly to change settings / get video etc. So you will need to turn off the WiFi hotspot, then just turn on your phone hotspot and wait for the 'Connected to the internet' message. Then open the App up etc

I see what you mean but how it's working is correct. It can only connect to one hotspot at a time and the phone has to be connected to it directly to change settings / get video etc. So you will need to turn off the WiFi hotspot, then just turn on your phone hotspot and wait for the 'Connected to the internet' message. Then open the App up etc
Thanks for that, I have been tearing my hair out. Seems a bit silly that there has to be a direct connection without an intermediate device, especially seeing as a mobile hotspot would be essential for remote monitoring, or two mobile phones. Most folks will go with the cheaper portable router.

Thanks again, Thinkware must be able to code the app to allow this I reckon. Gonna leave a review on Google.

Back