COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think potentially a treatment, maybe not a cure, they've been testing here also and have had promising results in particular for people in the early stages, less so for people in the advanced stages, right now we don't seem to have too many options

Me & the wife have had the businesses we work for close.

Just hope there's gonna be some financial aid, cos without it, we have no savings and will be screwed. :(
I hope that's what the government's Job Retention Scheme will be for. Not sure how it's going to work yet. My company is looking at it for me too.

I think potentially a treatment, maybe not a cure, they've been testing here also and have had promising results in particular for people in the early stages, less so for people in the advanced stages, right now we don't seem to have too many options

There are lot of trials being done.
But for a definitive one I think it might **at best** be months away.
To approve you need lenghty trials, comparison with placebo, side effects.
And should still be a "treatment" like we treat other flu, not a magic medicine which fill be a fix for all.

I've had an update that our shop is on the UK list of essential stores and are for now at least staying open. Mind you my holiday is until April 3rd so not in work atm anyway!

My hols are like a 14 day self-isolation in effect....

Icelanders,,,, and others say they see a lot of different covid-19 viruses, up there so far they have detected 40 different versions, one person even have 2 of them at the same time.
Maybe "hype" medicine work for the less aggressive versions that in their own barely give any symptoms in many people.

One dane that was sent home having the virus said it barely make the top 10 of him having the flu, and another guy that have been in hospital for weeks said he pretty much lost the will when it really kicked in gear.

Prognosis say on its peak ( estimated week 16 ) Denmark will need 991 ventilators in hospitals,,,,, but we only have 925 available right now, but that number can go as far as 1260 ventilators if we really get backed into a corner.
But worse still is the lack of skilled people to do the work in hospitals.

ATM only 47 are on a ventilator, so just the calm before the storm if the numbers are right.
Week 16 would be 3 weeks away, but I think that is pessimistic, to me it looks like you are at the peak this week. Your daily new cases are currently decreasing, not increasing. They will be affected by increasing restrictions, so maybe the real peak is next week. But it is good to be safe and plan for more than enough ventilators.

Not quite, only non-essential shops are closing

"Travelling to and from work, but only where work absolutely cannot be done from home"

I think we are now restricted too much, the new restrictions should have been just for London, we are getting left behind!

At 98 positive tests per million people, we are well behind most european countries, only got Cyprus with us. Italy is over 1000, Denmark at 252, Germany at 347.

Seems the government has been looking too much at the Italian experience and is taking extra precautions, the extra delay will deliver the extra 20,000 ventilators, although there is little evidence that they will be needed. The 20,000 deaths that the government said would be a good result is looking more like 2,000.

Last edited:

Seems the government has been looking too much at the Italian experience and is taking extra precautions, the extra delay will deliver the extra 20,000 ventilators, although there is little evidence that they will be needed. The 20,000 deaths that the government said would be a good result is looking more like 2,000.

A bit of optimism is good, but seems situation is not really as it should be

And I reckon you consider already those 20.000 ready in 2 weeks (well, now is 11 days).

Germany, already equipped with 20.000 ventilators, placed an order for 10.000 more.

Today's Danish numbers.

Total tested: 13,756
Total infected: 1577
In hospital: 301
In ICU: 69
On ventilator: 58
Total Deaths: 32 ( +8 from yesterday )

In Spain the last 24 hours cost over 500 deaths, and soldiers sent to disinfect nursing homes found abandoned living and dead people there ( i guess someone will pay for that,,,, and so they should )

Seem more complicated than just a "plastic bag"
But it might be more comfortable VS having your head inside a balloon.

Seem more complicated than just a "plastic bag"
But it might be more comfortable VS having your head inside a balloon.
I think the biggest problem with those "ballons" were the impossibility of sanitation, which mean they were single use only, thus not enough pcs given the emergency.

546 reported cases till now, 12 have died, 53 have recovered.

Quarantine in the neighbourhood.

Untitled.png

At least here after a few hours of operation the government took down its snitch phone line, where you could call and rat out possible virus victims.

Just been at my mothers place again, and took a drive thru downtown on the way home, pretty deserted all it need are a few tumbleweeds blowing around.

There are lot of trials being done.
But for a definitive one I think it might **at best** be months away.
To approve you need lenghty trials, comparison with placebo, side effects.
And should still be a "treatment" like we treat other flu, not a magic medicine which fill be a fix for all.

First of all, to be an "officially approved" treatment, it will take months if not years. However, all the involved drugs are already approved for use in treatment. So, doctors don't have to wait for official approval to use these drugs. In fact, they are using them now, with great success, and will continue to do so long before official approval arrives.

Second, that despicable story you linked is about as wildly false a story as I've ever seen. The couple involved did not take medicinal chloroquine. They ingested 1 tsp each of fish tank cleaner. 1tsp of medicinal chloroquine would be ten times the normal daily dosage and would be toxic to anyone. Just as ingesting excessive amounts of water would be toxic. The amount they ingested is five times the toxic dose for an infant. Not only were they not under a doctor's care, but they also weren't even displaying symptoms of the virus. What they did display was a profound, and in the husband's case fatal, dose of stupidity.

The media should be ashamed of themselves for reporting that story the way that they did.

Some kids here died taking opioids a few months ago, the problem was the pills they got their hands on was slow release ones, so when they ate some and they dident have any effect they just ate some more, until they suddenly kicked in later on, and them they overdosed.

I know this might sound a bit stone cold, but serve them right, you don't do any kind of drug before you researched it very very well, which in my day meant going to the drugs use handbook as there was no internet back then.
And when it come to mixing prescription drugs and alcohol all i ever tried was once i tried stesolid / Diazepam and vodka, never tried LSD - never tried opium / heroine and many other things you don't really need to try or mess with.

Same as 5 kids sniffing lighter gas in a small room for a hour, and then light a match :rolleyes: i mean come on how stupid can you get / be

I think you should know what you talke about, only reson i tried those pills and vodka, and it was nothing special so i never did that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back