COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see deaths here jumped with 11 people since this morning :(

just looking at the numbers for Italy now they're breaking them down by region, Lombardy is suffering real bad, 24.985 active cases, 3776 deaths, big worry though, 0 recoveries

In China, they recovered them after 3 weeks, if they were still alive, Italy hasn't had 3 weeks yet.

Well the UK is in lockdown.

Me & the wife have had the businesses we work for close.

Just hope there's gonna be some financial aid, cos without it, we have no savings and will be screwed. :(

I can understand some people are afraid, but the internet are awash with all kinds of garbage information, from plain stupid to outright dangerous, so you have to be careful.
I also think we should counterattack the Russian internet troll farms. Putin need to get a taste of his own medicine.

I can understand some people are afraid, but the internet are awash with all kinds of garbage information, from plain stupid to outright dangerous, so you have to be careful.
have read some of the dumbest stuff ever in the last few weeks, the amount of misinformation at the moment is unprecedented

I also think we should counterattack the Russian internet troll farms. Putin need to get a taste of his own medicine.

on that note (yes I know it's fake, this is bringing out the comedians as well as the conspiracy nutters)

Russia.jpg

I've been researching this today. It looks very promising, and doctors can prescribe it because the drug is already approved. We don't have time for clinical trials. People are dying. New York will begin testing it tomorrow, and I expect we will have positive results in the near future. Then there will be shortages on hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. Let's hope the drug companies have ramped up production.

I think it is strange a country like Denmark, even if it is a tine country can go down on medical supplies, not least since we have a lot of pharmaceutical companies, some even in the very biggest "big pharm" league.
For instance companies which many of the worlds diabetics rely hard on for their decease.
One little lotion company here have retooled and will now crank out hand sanitizer, even when the boss say it will probably cost the company at least 5 million DKkr, similar a company producing fruit juice are flipping their tapping line to hand sanitizer too.

BTW the Danish lock down have been extended today, so ATM the end date for the lock down are April 13.

Also Jack Ma the richest man in China are sending aid to Denmark.
500,000 face masks among other things, and the Danish government have not turned this down.

BTW a Danish girl and her brother was some of the first covid 19 cases in the US ( sorry about that )

Last edited:
Gangs in the Rio de Janeiro favelas have enforced a lockdown from 8pm tonight.
The statement reads: "If the government won't do the right thing, organized crime will".:cool:

rio_gangs.jpg

Last edited:
Prognosis say on its peak ( estimated week 16 ) Denmark will need 991 ventilators in hospitals,,,,, but we only have 925 available right now, but that number can go as far as 1260 ventilators if we really get backed into a corner.
But worse still is the lack of skilled people to do the work in hospitals.

ATM only 47 are on a ventilator, so just the calm before the storm if the numbers are right.

Prognosis say on its peak ( estimated week 16 ) Denmark will need 991 ventilators in hospitals,,,,, but we only have 925 available right now, but that number can go as far as 1260 ventilators if we really get backed into a corner.
But worse still is the lack of skilled people to do the work in hospitals.

ATM only 47 are on a ventilator, so just the calm before the storm if the numbers are right.

All elective surgeries in every hospital in the US have been postponed to a future date, thus freeing up a significant number of respirators normally used by anesthesiologists. Although these units are somewhat different than the type used in ICUs it is thought that they can be converted to function for life saving purposes. If that proves true, I imagine this will happen in other countries as well.

Last edited:
way to go in these times. (y)

Looks like hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin and zinc might be the cure for COVID-19. A New York doctor has 350 patients and he's not had a single death or hospitalization. He's treating his patients with 200 mg of hydroxychloroquine twice daily, 500 mg of azithromycin once daily and zinc sulfate 220mg once daily, and they're recovering.

This doctor in NYC is reporting that they have 100 critically ill COVID-19 patients that they are treating with hydroxychloroquine and, in some cases, azithromycin, and they haven't lost a single one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back