COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that i don't get ( speaking your old tongue at home ) personally i find that a insult to my new home country, and it aggravate the hell out of me when i hear other here in Denmark talk whatever language they come from.
Of course you have to learn the new language first, but many people here have been here for decades / generations and also speak Danish, they just choose not to when it suit them, and that red flag me.
If i was so lucky as to leave Denmark i sincerely hope to never hear or speak the Danish language again.
Okay maybe others feel more attached to their heritage, and that's just fine,i do too with some things, but i don't consider the language to be one of those things.

What i like is there is a few that have gotten the Medal Of Honor,,,,,, that's something in my book, cuz the Americans don't just give those away.

The Danish numbers for today:

Total tested: 12,843
Total infected: 1450
In hospital: 232
In ICU: 46
On ventilator: 40
Total deaths: still 13

Some might wonder why i don't list recovered numbers, well that's cuz that is far too complicated to keep track off according to official statements, so Denmark don't have those numbers. :unsure:
But it seem like any other country can do that just fine.
Some may also remember i have talked about lack of testing kits, and that is also true, but for weeks S Korean companies have said "that's something we can help with", and the Danish government have said "Oooooo no" for some undisclosed reason, but i think they say yes now :rolleyes::sleep:

Why do i always feel every time these elect guys are involved, it is utter stupid and incompetence, many things happening here in relation to the virus just make the deeeeeep hole of mistrust i have to the Danish government even deeper.
I simply don't understand how anyone can vote for these clowns.

Last edited:
O from Saturday to Sunday 400 people died in Spain,,,,,, :(

Some might wonder why i don't list recovered numbers,
For all countries we are seeing numbers of total, active and recovered cases, but it appears as though almost nobody is getting better! Hopefully that changes soon and the hospital beds aren't filling up. I suspect it is more a case of people who were infected can't be crossed off by testing because the tests don't show positive once you are recovering, I guess people will be crossed off after 3 weeks or something of the sort, unless they really are still in hospital.

Other than that, things are looking good, we know that isolation works because Wuhan managed to almost wipe it out through isolation. For the last couple of weeks the big question has been how much isolation is needed in the Western countries that are heading towards natural immunity, it seems now that nearly all countries have got either enough or maybe too much and can relax things again. The only big exception I see is the USA, which shows no sign of controlling their rate of infection, and given that their detected infections/population has just shot passed the UK, they clearly need to take action to avoid hospital overload in a week or so. Even Italy seems to be taking control of the infection rate now, although obviously they will have big problems in the north for a few weeks more, it won't be easy to sort out an overload.

O from Saturday to Sunday 400 people died in Spain,,,,,, :(
Not good :(

Maybe they took the wrong approach and should have followed Wuhan, but then we see Denmark stuck on 13 total, and Finland with only 1 total, clearly for them this is the right approach. China had another 9 deaths today, waiting for a vaccine is not a death free route.

Danish numbers might skyrocket in a few days, seem like we are also running out of masks in a few days,,,,,, though this was also a issue under the last regular flu season,,,,, nobody done nothing in a year other than fill the small stores.
Some nurses and doctors can change mask as often as 15 times during a work day.
Already now some nursing homes for elderly are making DIY masks out of bed sheets,,,,,,,,, embarrassing to say the least :oops:
I really think heads should roll for this farce.
Though more likely there will be persons awarding them self medals and massive pay rises for their stunning jobs.

Even under regular circumstances it have not been uncommon for Danish hospitals to have people in beds in the hallways ( due to cutbacks ) and this have just been for every day operations on our hospitals.

imagescaler

imagescaler

Last flu season ( FEB 2019 ) a woman was moved around 8 times during her admission to hospital, i assume all of them in hallway beds.

PS. Its not like Danish hospitals are too small, but cutbacks leave large parts of then unused / un-manned, so you can have people in beds on the hallways and 2 floors of empty hospital above.

There is no bottom for these vile, racist, criminal scumbags.

White supremacists encouraging their members to spread coronavirus to cops, Jews, FBI says

"The FBI alert, which went out on Thursday, told local police agencies that extremists want their followers to try to use spray bottles to spread bodily fluids to cops on the street. The extremists are also directing followers to spread the disease to Jews by going "any place they may be congregated, to include markets, political offices, businesses and places of worship."

Other than that, things are looking good, we know that isolation works because Wuhan managed to almost wipe it out through isolation.

Maybe they took the wrong approach and should have followed Wuhan.
This video suggests China is covering up corona cases. This video could be another internet lie but it may not be.

This video suggests China is covering up corona cases. This video could be another internet lie but it may not be.

Seems more like a comedy or maybe with the magicians hat, fantasy!

The press seems to be getting excited about a "second wave", without considering the science.
The Chinese cases will increase again if they relax the restrictions too much, and it may take a while to find out what is necessary, but there is no reason to think it will get out of control in the same way as Wuhan again.

This video was produced by a group called China Uncensored which in turn was originally funded by NTD - New Tang Dynasty Television. NTD is a television broadcaster, founded in 2001 by Falun Gong practitioners, based in New York City. The station has a regular focus on the promotion of traditional Chinese culture, and devotes extensive news coverage to alleged Chinese human rights issues. It takes a critical stance on what it considers to be abuses of power by the Communist Party of China. Both the NTD and China Uncensored have a regular focus on the promotion of traditional Chinese culture as part of their programming but also devotes extensive news coverage to alleged Chinese human rights issues. It takes a critical stance on what it considers to be abuses of power by the Communist Party of China. A fair amount of their programming is basically propaganda against the Chinese government as a counter to propaganda issuing from mainland Chinese media and to promote an anti-Communist Chinese agenda.

Although the funding has become a bit murky New Tang Dynasty is also behind The Epoch Times which was founded in 2000 by John Tang and other Chinese Americans associated with the spiritual practice Falun Gong. The founders said they were responding to censorship inside China and a lack of international understanding about the Chinese government's repression of Falun Gong. The Epoch Times is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China but in recent years become known for its editorial and financial (advertising) support of President Donald Trump and offers favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe and elsewhere, along with general support for right leaning talking points and subject matter. FWIW, a link to a piece by the Epoch Times has previously been posted to this thread.

It is important to understand that all authoritarian governments engage in vigorous propaganda campaigns. Clearly China is promoting its own self serving narrative about how it is handling, and has handled the COVID-19 pandemic. There is also much suspicion about the numbers of corona virus victims being reported by Russia. Some say the low number of cases reported from Russia is an outright lie. Time will probably resolve the question.

No matter where propaganda emanates from it is important to consider the agenda of those reporting on any given subject. At a time like this it is vital that we all use critical thinking and analysis when we see sensationalist headlines from sources we may not be entirely familiar with. We may even view material and not even consider or be aware of the source. It's important that we all engage in this critical thinking practice before we re-post stuff we encounter on the internet because we may be unwittingly promoting an agenda we may not even realize. That is how destructive memes and questionable news goes viral on the internet and that is often the goal of those producing the material.

Whatever agenda this video may be promoting I was immediately struck by the alarmist title in big bold lettering, "SECOND WAVE INCOMING". I always get suspicious when I see sensationalist graphics, typography and imagery on any internet video like that.

So consider that ALL flu pandemics come in waves! Although not yet certain (there is no consensus yet about COVID) we will likely see multiple waves of COVID-19 manifesting all over the world as this plays out over time, no matter what individual governments do. For example, the 1918 Flu pandemic came in THREE waves. The 1889–1890 and 1918–1919 flu pandemics each came in three and four waves of increasing lethality. So, even if the wave theory proves untrue as it applies to COVID-19, it still brings into question the veracity of the claims in the video.

Last edited:
I do not trust unknown sources found on the net. I also do not trust all governments on the planet to tell the complete truth. As such I included a link and said it could be wrong. I wish we could have 100% solid reporting for every issue. Sadly, that does not exist. Even big news companies make mistakes even when they try not to. To many news sources put spin on a story or refuse to present certain stories. Cognitive bias (conscious or subconscious) is everywhere and must be considered when viewing any source of information.

Even with the disclaimer, why post stuff like that at all? It's basically just sensationalist propaganda.

Last edited:
What if that was an honest report from inside China? If it was then it is worth looking at. I have no idea how to research what reporting sources have as background or financing.

What if that was an honest report from inside China? If it was then it is worth looking at. I have no idea how to research what reporting sources have as background or financing.

As I explained above, it's a report from China Uncensored an affiliate of New Tang Dynasty Television, a right - far right leaning Chinese American news outlet with a particular agenda.

Last edited:
just looking at the numbers for Italy now they're breaking them down by region, Lombardy is suffering real bad, 24.985 active cases, 3776 deaths, big worry though, 0 recoveries

just looking at the numbers for Italy...big worry though, 0 recoveries
The lack of recoveries may be due entirely to the lack of test kits. Until tested and proven virus free those patients are still considered to be infected even if they are doing well. I read this explanation in one article.

Why waste a scarce test kit on someone who has recovered when you could use that kit to diagnose someone who might be sick?

I don't know what they will give those people, i only know its not enough.
Not only for doing their job, but not least the decisions i understand they alone are forced to take every day ( who live who die )

I think = recoveries in northern Italy are due to them simply having no time for stuff like that, and in their case i totally understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back