The NEW Viofo A129+ Duo - unboxing and specifications

Dear Viofo
Can the A129 Duo Plus be install with a IR camera for internal use?

I just received a sample of Viofo A129 Plus Duo and I made a first video which is offering some informations about it:

I will add later more informations about chipsets or maybe @viofo will want to tell us more.
I don't know if my sample have final version of lens so I will wait before making some comparisons with V3 or Pro.

I hope that people which will watch the video to not understand that rear camera is recording and storing the video on its own card and front camera is recording and storing its video on another card. Both videos are stored on the card which is inserted into the main front unit.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: excuse my english, I am not a vlogger or influencer, just a beta tester. ;)

How did you get to be a beta tester for Viofo? I have their product (2x A129 Duo) in both my vehicles for 1.5 yrs now, and they are reliable. Wish the duped frame issue would get resolved in SDK, but the camera itself is a workhorse. Never once locked up on me. I would definitely love to test out their newer products.

How did you get to be a beta tester for Viofo? I have their product (2x A129 Duo) in both my vehicles for 1.5 yrs now, and they are reliable. Wish the duped frame issue would get resolved in SDK, but the camera itself is a workhorse. Never once locked up on me. I would definitely love to test out their newer products.

Some of us have been testers for Viofo since A118/A119 days ;)

You can try registering on Viofo's website for their Product Review Program. Can't remember the link now.

Just updated to the latest firmware from Viofo.

Now can copy all 3 firmware files into the micro SD card and update the front and rear cam separately.

20200831_160709_wm.jpg

I'll ask Bill for it but if you can send me it anyway Jeremy please?

I can order anytime. Do you think I should?

I would suggest that you read what others who are using this cam are experiencing before buying. Pay particular attention to how well the features you need are functioning since that is usually where problems are found.

I tend to not recommend the purchase of any new cam model until several members here have given it a thorough work-out in all road and weather conditions. Once a good history has been established then I might recommend. I've seen too many cams have problems which were either not fixed quickly, were not fixed well, or sometimes were not fixed at all :( So "wait and see" is really the safest approach ;)

One thing I will say is that all of the high-resolution multiple-channel cams run hot, and when you use them in a hot climate reliability problems can occur. Sometimes selecting a lower resolution setting helps with this, but then why pay for performance you cannot use? So sometimes a 'lesser' cam can actually be a better choice. Viofo does make good quality cams using some of the better sensors and processors, and video quality is usually very good too. Each model doe have an issue or two going on, buyt most cams are this way to at least some degree. So rather than me suggesting a choice, you should have a look at what is known for yourself and make your best choice from there :cool:

Phil

I would suggest that you read what others who are using this cam are experiencing before buying. Pay particular attention to how well the features you need are functioning since that is usually where problems are found.

I tend to not recommend the purchase of any new cam model until several members here have given it a thorough work-out in all road and weather conditions. Once a good history has been established then I might recommend. I've seen too many cams have problems which were either not fixed quickly, were not fixed well, or sometimes were not fixed at all :( So "wait and see" is really the safest approach ;)

One thing I will say is that all of the high-resolution multiple-channel cams run hot, and when you use them in a hot climate reliability problems can occur. Sometimes selecting a lower resolution setting helps with this, but then why pay for performance you cannot use? So sometimes a 'lesser' cam can actually be a better choice. Viofo does make good quality cams using some of the better sensors and processors, and video quality is usually very good too. Each model doe have an issue or two going on, buyt most cams are this way to at least some degree. So rather than me suggesting a choice, you should have a look at what is known for yourself and make your best choice from there :cool:

Phil

I was unstable between Viofo A129 Duo and A129 Plus Duo.
I ordered today because the A129 Plus Duo front camera is better quality.
I also got information from the Viofo site, they conveyed that I should prefer the a129 Plus duo for a better quality.
Again, I read the information that the front camera looks like a119 v3.
I guess it will come to my country for 1 month, so I did not want to wait any longer.

I hope it will be good, this article scared me a little :(
I bought it for $ 130

Back