two viofo a119 v3 VS viofo a129 duo?

sltwtr

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,
I'm looking for a dual-camera setup. My options are two units of Viofo a119 v3, or Viofo a129 plus duo. i don't mind the costs. including the sd card the viofo a129 plus duo is about 45$ less.
I prefer two units of V3 because if one unit will broke, I'll have the other unit for later times. Even though, I'm going to decide based on the image quality and its capability to capture everything needed in case of an event or accident (license plates etc').
I Would very much appreciate your input.

Thank you

Will you be using parking mode with hardwire?

Will you be using parking mode with hardwire?
i think that i wont (mainly because i heard that parking mode will always eventually kill the battery), but i'll add it to my considerations.

@mentadent after reading some about buffered parking mode, i think ill be using it.
Is it true that the 129+ has no buffered parking mode? Are the other parking modes good and effective? Can some damage the battery?
I buy it to cover myself in case of an accident, so i wonder what is better, buffered parking mode or the 60fps in the a129 that means better licence plate capturing.

60fps can reduce motion blur daytime to help with plate capture but the difference isn't large, and 30fps usually gives better nighttime images. The most certain way to 'capture' plate numbers is still to read the plate and say the number aloud, letting the audio recording save it. Both the V3 and the Duo will do about all that can be done with video plate capture- no dashcam will get them all.

Phil

Back