GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

And just as it is ready for production the whole factory close Down for 3 weeks of summer break ;)

probably many many weeks away yet, still in betas for firmware.

probably many many weeks away yet, still in betas for firmware.

firmware is not a big hold up as we continue to do that always, even if we gave it the green light today (example) it would take around 30 days before we could ship the first piece, production time always means waiting time

I will hide in a 747 wheelwell and be there in time to crack the whip on the backs of the workers :D

I will make them wish Emperor Yang Guang was back ;)

PS. had to pick one, there seem to have been many harsh and unpopular emperors in Chinas history.

Last edited:
it would take around 30 days before we could ship the first piece, production time always means waiting time
thought as such. you can take my order now, send me invoice so i'm the first to get shipped to. send it direct from factory so its faster.

thought as such. you can take my order now, send me invoice so i'm the first to get shipped to. send it direct from factory so its faster.

your enthusiasm is noted, and appreciated, no invoicing until it's ready to go though :)

your enthusiasm is noted, and appreciated, no invoicing until it's ready to go though :)
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
the number of times I have saved cash for this, takes me a month, then it goes on unexpected bills or something else as its just sitting there then takes me another month to save it again, I just want to somehow get rid of it on this camera instead of it sitting in my bank account getting spent on something.

Phew! What a read with 710 posts!

Rick, I fully admire your business ethics, persistence, patience, and outright skill and knowledge with this. Such attributes will translate to a successful product and commercial success.

Having this community forum can provide encouragement, and frustration with others impatience. I know because I've been working on my own 4WD project for several years now (documented at link in signature).

Your product design is great. It's ticks all my boxes.
About my only suggestion is fairly trivial, supply a piggy-back fuse holder/adapter for the hardwire cable. Like these:- www.ebay.com.au/itm/330992030997

Previously I had a Fuho E05 - http://www.fuho.com.tw/vvr/mobiledm/CH-CDR-E05.htm that I got a couple of years ago. It seemed like a pretty good unit at the time and a friend of mine was considering becoming an Australian importer/distributor for them, but didn't pan out.
The unit seemed ok, but the display stopped working, may have been the ribbon cable, and I couldn't work it then.

The aforementioned friend does driver training courses and has his own accessories retailing business and would very likely be keen to stock and sell your products too. He's in the US at the moment and I'll be telling him all about this when he gets back. The Fuho's seem like a failed first attempt, but he and I would have much greater confidence in your product. And would rather support an Australian developed device.

If it were just me, I'd be happy to wait another month for it to be available. But I have an elderly friend who has asked me to procure and fit a unit for her. So I think I'm going to have to get something else in the meantime. After all my online research I had decided upon the PanoramaII S, until I found this thread.

Ultimately, I would like to get a multi-channel system like this:- https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181375486182But so far none of them have anywhere near good enough video quality. Maybe something you'd be prepared to work on in future. And you would probably still have it ready before I finish my rig......

Phew! What a read with 710 posts!

Says he with the 135 page build thread ;) nice conversion idea by the way

Fuse taps I've thought about adding but there's no one size fits all solution, still looking at what to do there

If you need a camera right now the Panorama is certainly a good choice

Says he with the 135 page build thread ;) nice conversion idea by the way

Ahh, yeah. You got me there.:oops: (2015 posts....) Thank you.

I also meant to mention, good choice in lens magnification. Going too wide just makes it harder to make number plates legible, and gives a false impression that objects ahead of you are further away than they actually are.

Here's an idea for you. Bi-focal camera lens. Where the outer part of a lens is focused to capture wider angle than all the middle part. It might look a bit weird to watch, but the point of dashcams is to capture the details that matter. Aesthetically correct images aren't the priority.
But I guess this is beyond your field of development......

Just some ideas.

Maybe only as an option, but have audio recorded by default for any event/manual recording and during parking mode recording, even if it is turned off during normal loop recording. I make manual recordings and narrate what I just saw. Can be stuff that was not in camera view.

I was starting to take an interest in the Navman(Mio) Mivue 388 until I learnt that it only stores 10 event clips, after which it overwrites them. Which makes the whole thing absolutely pointless. I like to have the event/manual clips in a separate folder, but there shouldn't be any limitation to the number of clips stored there (other than card capacity). Perhaps this could be a good utilisation of the dual card slots that might help improve data writing to the cards, avoiding one card multi-tasking.

If you need a camera right now the Panorama is certainly a good choice

That is reassuring to hear, especially from your expertise.

how do you test the temperature range this thing works at? stick it in a hot box and slowly turn up the heat over a period of time until it stops working properly or something?? and stick it in a freezer to do the same?

how do you test the temperature range this thing works at? stick it in a hot box and slowly turn up the heat over a period of time until it stops working properly or something?? and stick it in a freezer to do the same?

I just got back from China visiting a few other cam factories and they had professional commercial grade test ovens specially designed for testing electronics with monitoring etc.

That's pretty much how it works, I have some pictures somewhere of the hot/cold temperature test chamber I can post if any interest in that kind of thing

That's pretty much how it works, I have some pictures somewhere of the hot/cold temperature test chamber I can post if any interest in that kind of thing
V6A8zBCl.jpg

Here's the one I saw

Last edited:
yep post it, interested to k now how it all works.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back