A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

I said it was 68c in my vehicle with closed windows. The unit was at its stated max operating temp but still was operational. That's about the norm for Florida heat.

In case anybody is interested, we now have the A118 in stock and available for sale in the United States on spytecinc.com and on Amazon and Ebay.

can you send link to original video from tunnel?

I'm sorry but I do not have the original file anymore and during this season I don't drive at night.

I'm sorry but I do not have the original file anymore and in this season I do not drive at night.

Hi All, OK, I'm really thinking of ordering the A118 - I dont necessarily need GPS (do I o_O). Ive never used @FoxOffer before - how long doesn it take for a UK delivery? Where are they based? (I have a friend in HK) Only I didnt read good reviews on Facebook. Thanks All :)
As @chris-s stated I did order my Mini 0803 from FoxOffer, I paid a little bit of import tax and to the Royal Mail....
I recently received mine from FoxOffer with FW 20140510V1 installed, which is the most recent FW release.
FYI - The total price paid for one with a GPS logger - including Customs Tax (£4.18 on the goods labelled as being a "$35 value Web Camera & Gift") and after the Post Office had kindly taken their Royal Mail International Handling Fee (£8.00) came to £80.74....
I have been very happy with their communication and service, to the extent that I have also ordered an A118 from them which is currently being shipped.

As @chris-s stated I did order my Mini 0803 from FoxOffer, I paid a little bit of import tax and to the Royal Mail....

I have been very happy with their communication and service, to the extent that I have also ordered an A118 from them which is currently being shipped.

If you ask FoxOffer to declare the value at less than £15, you should avoid any extra charges.

JooVuu, I didn't get a ticket number. I used the 'Ask a question' form on the 0803 page and submitted it. Thought I would get a answer within 24 hrs but still no response. So I thought if that's how they respond to an enquiry from a potential customer what's their customer service going to be like. Go elsewehere.
Hi Tony
I am so sorry for this we did not get any notification or anything for this. If you drop us a message on the contact page next time you are looking for something we will sort you out with a little 'we are sorry we messed up' voucher code.

Kind regards

Joovuu

Chris-s, or someone who owns this camera - could you post the measurements (without the plastic shroud) please? It would help the rest of us figure out how the A118 fits behind the rear-view mirror. There's an outline of the camera posted here, would be great if you could add some dimensions to that picture.

To see in-situ photo and, if you scroll down page, the dimensions, go to

Does anyone know if these (or any other) cameras using the AV out option can display on a remote lcd whilst recording - and if not, is this a firmware or hardware issue?
The reason I ask is because it would be useful if a camera could be fitted to the rear window and also be used for reversing - if they could display remotely at the same time.

Does anyone know if these (or any other) cameras using the AV out option can display on a remote lcd whilst recording - and if not, is this a firmware or hardware issue?
The reason I ask is because it would be useful if a camera could be fitted to the rear window and also be used for reversing - if they could display remotely at the same time.
AV output works but as reversing camera you need mirroring image on your external LCD, which most dashcam dont have.

AV output works but as reversing camera you need mirroring image on your external LCD, which most dashcam dont have.
Thanks for confirming recording and remote viewing is possible Niko.

If the reversing image is just used to gauge lateral distance bumper to whatever's behind- not for accurate parking - that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for confirming recording and remote viewing is possible Niko.

If the reversing image is just used to gauge lateral distance bumper to whatever's behind- not for accurate parking - that shouldn't be an issue.
Distance to bumper you have to guess if you have sedane, rear boot does not allow you to see bumper. If you have car without boot and it has close to vertical rear windows, then it might work.

My recommendation is to buy special reversing camera, they are fairly cheap ( from 15$ for cmos 420tvl up to 30-40$ for ccd 600tvl ). Spend 1-3h on installation and you will have proper reversing camera function.

Distance to bumper you have to guess if you have sedane, rear boot does not allow you to see bumper. If you have car without boot and it has close to vertical rear windows, then it might work.

My recommendation is to buy special reversing camera, they are fairly cheap ( from 15$ for cmos 420tvl up to 30-40$ for ccd 600tvl ). Spend 1-3h on installation and you will have proper reversing camera function.

Thanks Nico.
I do have a reversing camera which I have not fitted yet. As I am considering an A118 to put in the front and move my 402-G to the back window (which is flat as its an estate) I was just wondering if I could use that (or the A118) instead of fitting yet another camera - providing it gives a reasonable view - which I will check later. If not, I will fit the reversing camera - just extra work drilling bumper and running yet more cables!!

Back