Custom firmware Procam CX4 revision 3.0

Falsificator

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Ambarella, Novatek
ProCam CX4 revision 3 (20140530) - Constant_Bitrate_18-20-24Mbit_Expo_TV-Q5NV_Contrast_34-40-30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Bitrate - 18-20-24Mbits (constant)
-Expo-table from TrendVision TV-Q5NV
-Change the value of contrast and sharpness. Reduced step these values.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download link: https://yadi.sk/d/53CCxhCuZ47nt
Testing at your own risk

Last edited:
lol the structure looks exactly like in A2 firmwares. Never tried this with A7 :D

Trying out your FW on an E-Prance 0803 1296P
Loaded fine, and settings responsive. Will drive around with it for some time, and see how it fares.
Thanks for the work you put into it.

It's running like it should :) Using it on one of my 0803's since ~2 weeks.

Same here. Running like a charm on one of my two E-PRANCE 0803´s. If everything goes well, in two weeks or so I will flash the other one.

Last edited:
I have reverted to the latest 0803 official FW. I wasn't satisfied with the way this FW handled low-light/night situations.
Setting EV to higher values seemed to put a "milky" and smeared effect onto the video recorded.
Also a funny thing, when loading recorded files from this custom FW in RegViewer, the timeline was zoomed out extremely each time.
When loading files from std FW, the timeline automatically sizes the selected recording, so it fits on the timeline from A to Z. This is a minor thing - it just puzzled me a bit.

ProCam CX4 revision 3 (20140728) - Constant_Bitrate_18-20-24Mbit_Expo_TV-Q5NV_Contrast_34-40-30
-Bitrate - 18-20-24Mbits (constant)
-Expo-table from TrendVision TV-Q5NV & Texet DVR-G5 (570)
-Change the value of contrast and sharpness. Reduced step these values.
Download link: https://yadi.sk/d/Vw1ADpWMbZ9RW
Testing at your own risk

Should be renamed according to the manual and put the unzipped file to the root of the card...

Should be renamed according to the manual and put the unzipped file to the root of the card...
Thanks, but what is the difference between
_Expo_Texet-570(5GP)
and
Expo_TV-Q5NV
I have an 0803 with GPS and 8GB internal storage.

One Firmware is using the exposure table from Texet-570(5GP) and the other one from TV-Q5NV

One Firmware is using the exposure table from Texet-570(5GP) and the other one from TV-Q5NV
Okay thanks.
I thought maybe one was for my 0803 and the other was for something else and didn't want to brick the camera i just got.
I'm running 20140812 GPS + 2CARDS but was curious how things looked with the sharpness adjusted.

Back