Hacking Q3H (allwinner v3 - Camdroid)

Patched the encoder to do 60Mbps regardless of mode... It looks a *little* better but the blurriness still remains. Not sure about side effects related to the 4gb limit, the files are bigger. http://ge.tt/69uat1d2

I turned down sharp_cfg_hal and denoise_coeff in the ISO settings of the IMX179s module.
Hitting 1.0+ bits per pixel in 1080P30 compared to .5 in 1080P60
http://speedy.sh/pecH2/1080P30fps.img

Last edited:
Hello all,
I've read the whole thread, and hope you can help me. I've bought this cam (F60 Allwinner V3 OV4689 sensor), then I asked Gearbest to send me an updated firmware. They sent me this file, but something went wrong during the update.
Now I can turn the cam on, and get a white screen. It boots, make the start sound, prepares the sd structure, then I think it crashes, leaving a tombstone directory with log files (attached). I can turn the cam off by pressing the on/off button for 5 seconds.
Do you think there is a way to unbrick it?
I have some experience with android phones hacking, currently I have a Win10 rig, but can install linux if needed.
Grazie
Francesco from Italy

Attachments

Does it let you access ADB at all? And do you see anything on the white screen ever, like a logo? This camera uses a different LCD than mine; "st7789v" vs "st7789s"

Script.bin: http://pastebin.com/ePutVTDC

I think they gave you the wrong image for your camera. My .img will work if you un/repack it with imgRePacker_205 and then replace the full_img.fex. You can flash from phoenix suite, just don't do a full format. Might have to change the script.bin inside the other full_img.fex files to yours... unfortunately you've got no idea what the original script.bin was. The best idea would be hope that one of those 3 o4 images has your LCD and then change the other parts of script.bin. Kind of a franken image. You don't really need linux, I did everything from windows except splitting the images with binwalk

The tools are:
PhoenixSuite 1.10
Uberizer from techknow
imgRePacker_205 from xda
hex editor

So yes you can unbrick it, with lots of trial and error.

Thanks a lot, I will start tonight when at home to search and try the tools you suggest.
No the screen is completely white all the time, save for a "whiter" orizontal band near the top.
Connecting the cam to the PC doesn't have effect, unless I press the OK button while attaching the USB cable; in this case I get a new device, but I was not able to install any driver for it.
I will keep you informed through this thread, thanks again

Francesco

Thanks a lot, I will start tonight when at home to search and try the tools you suggest.
; in this case I get a new device, but I was not able to install any driver for it.

That is your allwinner recovery, you will need it to flash *img files. Phoenix suite or livesuite should have a driver for it.

Hello everyone, I have a F60B, I successfully connected to it via ADB shell, but there is no "vi" or "nano" to modify the files, how do you guys do it?

PS. My videos were blurry as well, so I decided to open the camera and refocus the lens. I had to slowly and carefully scratch away the glue on the lens objective, then I focused it like a normal camera, twisting the lens. The mod was successful!

its squashfs, you have to edit everything on the desktop. if I get HDMI out working I'll refocus too. Until then...

why no F60B full_img?

Yes you're right, I forgot I'm tinkering on an embedded system..
I used a tablet to refocus, I'm still waiting the Micro HDMI adapter. Now I'm doing a backup of all of the mtd blocks.
I highly suspect that my model is the same as @nutsey

The micro HDMI displays something on the last image I have but the SDV application doesn't put an image there so its all black. I haven't tried all the others, one is bound to work.

Samples of 60-70mbps frames. I have some sensor defect or lens junk on the top right... the fringing is bad, maybe its from the color noise reduction or the scaling? I should work on hacking the newer image and see if I can use the "digital" zoom to 1:1 the image window, of course the FOV will reduce. Maybe a tiny bit of NR needs to come back?
Code:
http://imgur.com/a/omRdS

I'd post video but the files are gigs big now.

How do you extract the encoder profiles and modify them? Are they in the uboot block?

It's this one: With 4K 30fps

If your lens looks like this (zoomed), could you please test it after 10-15 min working under direct sun. Mine goes hell out of focus after heating.

Attachments

• lens.jpg
    lens.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 16
My lens looks like this

Attachments

• IMG_20160802_210244.jpg
    IMG_20160802_210244.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Sup bro ) Again could you please test it after severe heating up? Does it goes out of focus?

Yes I will test it tomorrow, under the sun. But I've already loosened the lens, so it's not the original setup anymore.

Sorry thegamut, I do not understand how to unpack the full_image.fex and to arrive to script.bin. I was only able to unpack your Q3H.img with imgrepacker, substitute my full_image.fex, repack and flash it using phoenixsuit, but what i have now is the same white screen, and directory structure is no more done, only i get tombstones.
Can you please give me some more hints?
This is the Q3H.img I have flashed

The newer module with more modes seems to produce worse image quality. Way blurrier but the aberations are gone.

Code:
http://imgur.com/a/SVNvu

Back