DIY: Free- $5 Mobius Motorcycle Helmet Mount

WorkInProcess

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

Long time lurker. I got some great ideas from this forum and just wanted to share back some ideas.

I purchased a Mobius camera and had it hard wired to my motorcycle. However, I had a mishap that ruined my wire, so I had to come up with a new way to mount it.

Tools required:
Scissors
Kool Aid plastic Can
A bolt that threads into the camera, I forgot the size.
A nut, maybe some washers
A ziptie

Most helmets have some wind thing on the bottom that squeezes into the sides and gets held in place. Same principle.

I cut the Kool Aid can in half, and shaped it just like that wind visor thing. The plastic is pretty stiff and strong enough to hold the camera. It will also stay in place with just friction. I put the bolt through the plastic with a nut to lock it in place.

The zip tie is to keep the camera angled up and forward. It goes through the loops in the camera holder. However, I still need to find a way to angle it up even higher as sometimes it is just recording the floor.

Pros:
Free/ low cost
Camera goes where ever my helmet goes, so I have easy access to my videos/charging.

Cons:
When in full/half tuck, the camera just records the speedo and a couple meters/feet ahead.
Can't put helmet flat on a surface due to camera.
Have to manually turn off/on before putting on helmet

Thoughts, questions, suggestions, critiques, all welcome.
20150823_155839a1-jpg.18129

20150824_233301-jpg.18130

20150823_155839a1.jpg 20150824_233301.jpg

Back