A119 Memory Card?

My 64GB Lexar High Endurance has failed after almost 6 hours of use. Nice.

Returning to Amazon, ordering a Transcend.

My 64GB Lexar High Endurance has failed after almost 6 hours of use. Nice.

Returning to Amazon, ordering a Transcend.
That's a shame. I've not had any issues with mine, must have been a bad batch.

Did you format the card in the camera before first use?

Also, where are you getting the Transcend card from, Amazon have been out of stock of the 64Gb one for a while now.

I just got this one a few days ago - the Transcend 64Gb Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 8.54.02 PM.png
It seems to be working just fine - and at 1080p/30FPS, I can get about 9 hrs of video before it loops (we are taking a 'scenic drive' trip out west in the fall) and I wanted to record the scenery!

Is this a 'real card' or a 'fake one'?

I just got this one a few days ago - the Transcend 64Gb View attachment 29954
It seems to be working just fine - and at 1080p/30FPS, I can get about 9 hrs of video before it loops (we are taking a 'scenic drive' trip out west in the fall) and I wanted to record the scenery!

Is this a 'real card' or a 'fake one'?
Google "Transcend serial number check" and it should give you a link from Transcend to check if it's real.

WhoHoo ... that 64Gb Transcend one from Amazon is AUTHENTIC ... and comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY! :) Happy camper! Thanks for the link to verify!

:) I have 1 Transcend 64gb Premium 300x dead after just 1 use. it was sent to me by a mistake and the seller refused to take it back (before I even used it) and sent me the correct one. I thought it's free... :) and after just 1 use it died. that's why it was like "free". :)
I still have it :eek: so 5 minutes ago I checked it on Transcend web site. by a serial number it recognized as 400x Premium 64gb, while on a card itself printed 300x. :eek:
the other 2 Transcend SD cards came up OK. :)

whoever will use Transcend web site use 10 "alphanumeric" characters, s/n printed on the back of the card is 6 characters + 4 characters on one horizontal line. :)

WhoHoo ... that 64Gb Transcend one from Amazon is AUTHENTIC ... and comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY! :) Happy camper! Thanks for the link to verify!
TBH the cards sold direct from Amazon tend to be genuine, it's the marketplace sellers you need to worry about.

Also, where are you getting the Transcend card from, Amazon have been out of stock of the 64Gb one for a while now.

Yeah, I noticed that when I went to order. I went with the SanDisk High Endurance instead, it's the only type other than the Lexar available anywhere.

If you couldn't get the Transcend then I'd probably would have gone for a Lexar 633x or a Samsung Evo card. Sandisk are not really recommended for dashcam use.

Lexar 633x wasn't available, and I have a few Samsung Evo and Evo+ that don't work very well in the A119.

The SanDisk High Endurance should be OK, it's mainly the Ultra cards that give problems.

TBH the cards sold direct from Amazon tend to be genuine, it's the marketplace sellers you need to worry about.

I'm not convinced. That would imply that Amazon is no longer doing co-mingled inventory in its warehouses for memory cards listed as "sold by Amazon". While it's certainly possible that they've started using dedicated shelf space for items they're selling, it's awfully labor- and space-intensive. I'd be shocked if they're doing that for something with razor-thin margins like memory cards.

I'm not convinced. That would imply that Amazon is no longer doing co-mingled inventory in its warehouses for memory cards listed as "sold by Amazon". While it's certainly possible that they've started using dedicated shelf space for items they're selling, it's awfully labor- and space-intensive. I'd be shocked if they're doing that for something with razor-thin margins like memory cards.
I wasn't aware that items sold by marketplace sellers went anywhere near an Amazon warehouse. You sure you're not confusing marketplace selling and "fulfilled by Amazon" sales?

I wasn't aware that items sold by marketplace sellers went anywhere near an Amazon warehouse. You sure you're not confusing marketplace selling and "fulfilled by Amazon" sales?

Yeah, I was referring to "Fulfilled by Amazon". It's an easy way for a 3rd-party-seller to sneak counterfeits into a supply chain that most people trust (Amazon warehouses). I completely agree with you that buying from a marketplace seller who handles their own fulfillment is a like playing roulette. But even if you limit yourself to buying items fulfilled by Amazon (perhaps even "sold by Amazon") you can be burned because there's no way to tell if the item you're buying came from co-mingled inventory (risky) or if it came from dedicated shelf space where the provenance can be traced back to the manufacturer (expensive). It's a tough problem that Amazon is struggling to solve.

Last edited:
But the saving grace is that you have the backing of Amazon customer services and their excellent returns process to fall back on if you do, on the rare occasion, end up with a dud, so I wouldn't agree with you that you could be "burned" if using Amazon fulfilment.

Back