Please recommend SD card for my A119s

david wang

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello, everyone.
I just got a new A119S, and have not gotten a SD card for it.
check website for this dash camera, looks like not all SD cards can work well on this dash camera.
Before i get a new SD card, i need help to recommend a SD card ( size, read/write speed, speed class, et..) to well fit requirement of this A119s dash camera.
please help me this problem.
Thanks.
David

Samsung Evo/Evo+ cards are pretty decent and have excellent reliability record too, as long as they're genuine of course.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Samsung Evo/Evo+ cards are pretty decent and have excellent reliability record too, as long as they're genuine of course.
Bad advice. The Samsung Evo cards don't work for **** in the A119 cams.

Well, I've got exactly opposite experiences with a few A119/A119S units sold since Nov 2016.

Good for you, but if you check out the A119 forum, you'll see plenty having issues with the Samsung cards.

Including me, I had two 32GB Evo cards that worked great in my old Mini0805 and the wife's Transcend 200, but don't work at all in the A119 cameras we now have. Tried new 64GB Evo cards, same issue.

So, I don't know what to say other than a few months from a few A119 cams you sold isn't enough to give recommendations against other longer time users who say these cards aren't any good.

+1 for Transcend. I use a 64GB High Endurance card in mine and it's been great so far.

That's quite strange, as I genuinely regard Samsung Evo(+) memory cards as one of the most reliable I've ever used / sold in the 3'ish years time for plenty dashcams, not just A119. Nothing personal tough, just wondering where could that difference in experiences come from.. :-o

If you want higher capacity than 64GB, the Lexar 633x 128GB is recommeneded by BlackBoxMyCar.
It's what I'm using.

I heard Lexar switched to a cheaper card technology to try and keep their prices down during the global memory card shortage. I won't recommend Lexar anymore until I hear otherwise.

Transcend or Samsung EVO is recommended. (In that order)

My new A119S is supposed to be delivered sometime today from OCD Tronic,however my Transcend 64gb memory card won't be here for 10 more days despite ordering it on April 30th. Does anyone know what other Memory card will work with this A119S and who might have it Locally...like maybe a Best buy store,etc...?? I really want to try out my new camera before 10 more days.

My new A119S is supposed to be delivered sometime today from OCD Tronic,however my Transcend 64gb memory card won't be here for 10 more days despite ordering it on April 30th. Does anyone know what other Memory card will work with this A119S and who might have it Locally...like maybe a Best buy store,etc...?? I really want to try out my new camera before 10 more days.

Any would work, really. The recommendations were given because the card is expected to be written to every time you drive.. constantly. So the suggestions were mainly ranking their durability (write life-cycle).
I personally use a Lexar x633 32GB. I got it from Amazon for about $12 and have been using it for almost 2 months now with no issues.

Ok, thank you for your help. I guess i'll have to just wait 10 days for the Transcend card to get here.

Back