Personal hotspot auto connect

shoud i use my iphone APN PASSWORD for hotspot connection. HELP IM GOING MAD

I don't know which thread to reply you because you have 2 threads running that is on the same topic but since Edwin has a detailed guide here I will reply here too.

shoud i use my iphone APN PASSWORD for hotspot connection. HELP IM GOING MAD
If the APN you are referring to is Access Point Name of your cellular network, then you are completely way off target.

View attachment 34664 quick update f800 pro will connect to hotpsot but i have to turn my personal hotspot on my iphone to connect every time,
surley that cant be right . YOU SEE I KEEP MY PERSONAL HOTSPOT ON ALL THE TIME
FOR WHEN IM OUT AND ABOUT and every thing else connects ipart from the f800 pro ???
HELP PLEASE
:mad::mad::mad::mad::(;)
Not sure if your personal hotspot is referring to the mobile wifi router or your iPhone but if it's your mobile wifi router, it's likely you'll have to disable 5Ghz connection on the router as Edwin had already confirmed in this post it will only connect of 2.4Ghz. I too was prompted to check for password even though it is correct when I attempted to connect to my dual band router but I didn't bother to change it to confirm his finding as it was my home router. It is likely due to the same issue as it attempted to connect to 5Ghz.

If it's your iPhone, Edwin also had confirmed with a pictorial guide that even though you can manually connect the Pro to hotspot, you'll have to confirm and save the settings again for it to auto connect the next time.

Pls read his guide if you haven't already on how to connect and save the configuration for both router and iPhone.

I have an iPhone 7+ and F800Pro and I connect via hotspot in both parking and continuous mode. I can’t actually connect via Wi-Fi, I’ll give this a go tomorrow with hotspot turned off.

Re automatically connecting, it doesn’t for me. I either need to initiate from the app or press Wi-Fi on the camera. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent requirement as I’d rather it connected automatically.

Last edited:
When I got in the car tonight I had to connect by pressing my hotspot on and off on my iPhone then connected. I left the car few hours whilst at a friends. When I left there house the internet ie my hotspot connected a few seconds later??

This morning, in continuous recording mode I can't connect to wi-fi, i'm not too worried about this. When I switch Hotspot on on my iPhone then the camera automatically connects. This will suffice for now!

ok how do i change my hotspot from 5ghz to 2.4ghz on iphone8 :(:(:(

What for? You can’t. Your phone will connect to a router that’s dual band but your phone nor cam will broadcast in dualband.

My car doesn’t have built in WiFi. (That’s the next job) so I’m relying on my iPhone
Hotspot

Personal hotspot uses cellular service to provide a hotspot not wifi. I think hotspot is at 2.4Ghz.

Have you been able to connect previously via hotspot?

What I do, keep hotspot off. When the camera starts continuous recording and says connected to GPS then turn your hotspot on. Give it 30 sec or so to connect.

Note: if I get into my car with my hotspot on I find it does not connect to the camera.

Your Apple iPhone's aren't connecting because your hotspot isn't available for the Thinkware Dash Cam to connect to. Your camera cannot connect to a signal that is not there to connect to.

Your Apple iPhone's aren't connecting because your hotspot isn't available for the Thinkware Dash Cam to connect to. Your camera cannot connect to a signal that is not there to connect to.

My iPhone connects to my F800Pro just fine via Hotspot.

yes my iphone connects as well just not automatically. and at the moment it wet and very cold outside . so it can wait,

My iPhone connects to my F800Pro just fine via Hotspot.
It connects immediately without you having to touch your phone or camera after getting in your car for the first time that day?

yes my iphone connects as well just not automatically. and at the moment it wet and very cold outside . so it can wait,
That’s my point and what I was getting at..

Back