VIOFO A329 2CH - Testing / Review - RCG

Do you think they will make a A329 3 channel? I'm surprised the SSD port can't be used for third camera instead.

Is HDR better on or off at night?

Do you think they will make a A329 3 channel? I'm surprised the SSD port can't be used for third camera instead.
There is a very good reason the A329 has returned to a 2-CH system.
Maybe @viofo can tell us the reason?

Easy boy calm down lol
In America “go fish” means “guess again, or try again”. lol
My guess;
Q: What is the Achilles Heel of the A229 Pro?
A: Explained from 15:12 to 17:10.

In America “go fish” means “guess again, or try again”. lol
My guess;
Q: What is the Achilles Heel of the A229 Pro?
A: Explained from 15:12 to 17:10.

Lost in translation, we don't use that here in Oz lol

Well perhaps even with the newer chipset, it can't handle all that processing power if a third channel is added. If it could, then it might run too hot anyway.

I think overall until we get even better chippies from Novatek or whoever, it's just not going to happen

There is a very good reason the A329 has returned to a 2-CH system.
Maybe @viofo can tell us the reason?

Some times we can unlock new features for the new hardware, we are doing some research on this.

A229 can do 3 channels and probably has less powerful chips.

Some times we can unlock new features for the new hardware, we are doing some research on this.
If you can do 3-CH without degrading image quality from the front / main camera by cutting the Bitrate / image quality that would be great.
A229 can do 3 channels and probably has less powerful chips.
The reason the A229 Pro was able to be 3-CH is because when the IR Interior camera is connected the Front / Main camera Bitrate was “cut in half” from 60 Mbps down to 36 Mbps degrading image quality.
The A229 Pro in 3-CH configuration is like a Swiss Army Knife, (Jack of all trades, master of none).
The A329 in 2-CH configuration is like a single blade dagger with no compromise on Bitrate / image quality.

Hi, all just ran into a problem with my A329 2CH that arrived yesterday, works fine on MicroSD, decent system. Went to install a 4TD SSD and I got the same, constant, 'memory full' errors that rcg got. As rcg did I changed the partition to MBR, but MBR partitions can only be 2TB, meaning I can't use the full capacity of my 4TB SSD, anyone run into the same problem or have a solution?

Hi, all just ran into a problem with my A329 2CH that arrived yesterday, works fine on MicroSD, decent system. Went to install a 4TD SSD and I got the same, constant, 'memory full' errors that rcg got. As rcg did I changed the partition to MBR, but MBR partitions can only be 2TB, meaning I can't use the full capacity of my 4TB SSD, anyone run into the same problem or have a solution?
Are you using the official Viofo SSD Cable?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-22 7.22.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 7.22.52 AM.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 1
If you can do 3-CH without degrading image quality from the front / main camera by cutting the Bitrate / image quality that would be great.

The reason the A229 Pro was able to be 3-CH is because when the IR Interior camera is connected the Front / Main camera Bitrate was “cut in half” from 60 Mbps down to 36 Mbps degrading image quality.
The A229 Pro in 3-CH configuration is like a Swiss Army Knife, (Jack of all trades, master of none).
The A329 in 2-CH configuration is like a single blade dagger with no compromise on Bitrate / image quality.
A329 has a much more efficient and powerful arm processor. It should be much better at multi threading. Right?

Reactions: Mtz
As you stated, MBR partition max size is limited to 2TB. If the MBR partition table is a true/production release requirement for the A329, then there may be an issue utilizing the full storage space on SSDs with capacities above 2TB.

@viofo what is the official statement of support for SSDs? What partition type(s) are supported (MBR only)? How does one take full advantage of the 4TB of storage space on a SSD with the A329?

1729613363419.png

A329 has a much more efficient and powerful arm processor. It should be much better at multi threading. Right?
Welcome to the club.
What do you mean “multi threading” do you mean adding a 3rd channel?
The maximum Bitrate load of the processor is 95 Mbps.
The front 4K channel uses 65 Mbps.
The 2K rear channel uses 30 Mbps.
Ain’t no mo Bitrate for a 3rd channel. Lol
Ask @rcg530 he would know better than me.

It's likely to not use threading at all for this kind of system.

Back