VIOFO A329 2CH - Testing / Review - RCG

Do you think they will make a A329 3 channel? I'm surprised the SSD port can't be used for third camera instead.

Is HDR better on or off at night?

Easy boy calm down lol
In America “go fish” means “guess again, or try again”. lol
My guess;
Q: What is the Achilles Heel of the A229 Pro?
A: Explained from 15:12 to 17:10.

In America “go fish” means “guess again, or try again”. lol
My guess;
Q: What is the Achilles Heel of the A229 Pro?
A: Explained from 15:12 to 17:10.

Lost in translation, we don't use that here in Oz lol

Well perhaps even with the newer chipset, it can't handle all that processing power if a third channel is added. If it could, then it might run too hot anyway.

I think overall until we get even better chippies from Novatek or whoever, it's just not going to happen

There is a very good reason the A329 has returned to a 2-CH system.
Maybe @viofo can tell us the reason?

Some times we can unlock new features for the new hardware, we are doing some research on this.

A229 can do 3 channels and probably has less powerful chips.

Some times we can unlock new features for the new hardware, we are doing some research on this.
If you can do 3-CH without degrading image quality from the front / main camera by cutting the Bitrate / image quality that would be great.
A229 can do 3 channels and probably has less powerful chips.
The reason the A229 Pro was able to be 3-CH is because when the IR Interior camera is connected the Front / Main camera Bitrate was “cut in half” from 60 Mbps down to 36 Mbps degrading image quality.
The A229 Pro in 3-CH configuration is like a Swiss Army Knife, (Jack of all trades, master of none).
The A329 in 2-CH configuration is like a single blade dagger with no compromise on Bitrate / image quality.

Back