0803 stop recording with chime sound

Kingston Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10.

I have 2 same cards, without errors. Cards work in 0801 without problems, in 0803 I have problem with each card.

I recommend formatting them on a computer in FAT32 format, several people have had issues with 32GB cards formatted in the camera which were solved when formatted on a computer, one person had the same experience with a 16GB card..

you need software to check the cards for errors, them working in another model camera doesn't verify they're all ok, best to check and be sure you can rule that out, could just be a faulty camera but ruling out other possibilities is helpful if you need to talk to the seller about refund/replacement

Hi,

I test card in PC and it is OK. Now I format card in PC and I will test it. Maybe problem is in deleting old files, baucase I now see on card problems in file numbers (in attachment).

Peter

Attachments

• data_0803.PNG
    data_0803.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 26
the file numbers there suggest the lower number files that are out of sequence have been protected from being overwritten (event files) try turning the G-Sensor off and use a freshly formatted card and see what happens then

Hi,

I dont use G-sensor and I dont use manual protecting.

Peter

Hi,

I test card in PC and it is OK. Now I format card in PC and I will test it. Maybe problem is in deleting old files, baucase I now see on card problems in file numbers (in attachment).

Peter
Are those files read only? You show the attributes in the last column but the "r" attribute is off the side of the image...

If that is a 32GB card, why are there so few files?

If you formatted the card then it should have started with file number 0001, not 0079. Did you delete 0001 manually?

Card was full, I capture only part of TotalCommander window. Card was formated and parts from 0001 to 0078 was deleted automaticaly by 0803, like other files, that are not between 0079 to 0167.

Very strange!

The only thing I see that I would do differently is I have it set to 5 minutes per file, you have 1 minute. Unless you have a good reason to use 1 minute I would change that, I think most people use either 3 or 5.

Do you have GPS? If so do the same numbered files get left in the gps folder?

Now I have formated card, so I dont know, if GPS files was with same numbers. I use 1 minute only because my 0803 have problem with charging, or what. Some times, when I turn off engine, 0803 turn off very fast and latest file was not recorded :-( I can send to to eprance, but, it is weeks to him, weeks back to me. Maybe I buy soon other camera. With 0801 I dont have problems, but this 0803 have still something :-(

Hi, OK, thanks for helping me, I try to send it back, or buy another camera :-) Peter

Maybe if you don't want to send it back, you could try replacing the battery.

How are you powering it? Original lighter socket adapter or a hardwire kit?

Battery is OK, because if I charging directly, it can recording 20min. So, problem is maybe in recording via GPS holder. I try scratched connetor on socket, but still same problem. But, sometimes it is OK, sometimes no. I use 2.1 power adaptor.

Back