0803 stop recording with chime sound

I'd pretty much guarantee that your battery has "puffed" to the point of complete failure and it's basically acting like a short. Replacing the battery would more than likely revive the camera. I bet even just disconnecting the battery would get it working with external power.

After my second (replacement) battery puffed, I decided to attempt the super cap mod. It's not pretty with the external cap but it works fine unless the SD card needs a fresh format. Replacing the battery or adding an external super cap are fairly easy to recover your ~$100 investment. I'd cut the battery wires and see if it powers up, then you can decide.
I was wondering if it would start without the battery wires being intact. That is good to know and I will try that and report back. If that brings it back to life I will get another battery but still intend to buy another unit that I can rely on. This one can go in the second vehicle.

UPDATE: I snipped the battery wires and still have a dead unit. The red led comes on but no other signs of life, no sound, no screen image.

Last edited:
Back