0803 stop recording with chime sound

Add me to your list guys, had no issues one day then all of a sudden it started. I formatted the card through the camera and it was fine for a couple of days. I suspect one of the files is becoming corrupt and camera refuses to write over the top. I've tried recording at different resolutions without success.

23ws4fo.jpg

Well I get to join this club unfortunately. :(

My Mini0803 has started having this problem at least every 15-20 minutes. I have not checked the card yet nor tried to reformat but am now convinced it's time to swap it out with the Mobius I purchased.
The only good part is that since I have the caps installed, the camera is shutdown and restart in a matter of seconds so I'm not losing too much video. However the date & times are all messed up I suppose.

Yes welcome to the club mr_milo.
Yeah, don't worry about formatting it - it doesn't make a difference, nor doubtful there would be a problem with your card - it's the unit that is faulty.
Date/time should be still ok.

I have 2 units (front/rear) and only the rear unit is faulty and only randomly.
I swapped cards around (same problem), disconnected unit from base with plug straight to unit (same problem), put rear unit to front and front to rear (same problem with unit now at front), formatted card a couple of times whilst in unit and using PC (same problem).
I have come to conclusion to just pull my adaptor from cig connector and plug back in to restart unit as the trouble/time etc to send back for a replacement is not worth it imo - especially if a returned unit then does the same thing.

Use your Mobius as you say.

I had temporarily setup my new Mobius (0803 replacement) in my wife's car for a trip we had. Now she wants it permanently mounted. :rolleyes:
Therefore I had to figure out the issue with the 0803 until I can get another Mobius. Much to my surprise reformatting the card in the camera seems to have "fixed" the problem again. It's been working for three days now without issue. Still don't trust the 0803 though. :(

Mine was working fine. So, I had a car meeting and the unit stop recording, but no shime sound, the display on, but all controllers no functional. The on/off button not turned off and I let the battery
dies. Very sad.

Jokiin, where I find a new battery for replacement? Is there a super cap for then?

OK, thanks. I saw a post ago about a 16gb card test and will do this test first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, people.
Since my last post about stop record and shutdown, I swap my micro SD card Patriot 32 gb class 10 by another one Kingmax 16gb class 4 and the problem disappeared. I don't know if the problem is the card with 32 gb and class 10.

Well I get to join this club unfortunately. :(
It appears that we're heading the same way. I did your supercap mod and I also have this record problem now. I'm really frustrated with this cam.

It appears that we're heading the same way. I did your supercap mod and I also have this record problem now. I'm really frustrated with this cam.

I've "almost" replaced mine several times due to this issue but just before I do, I reformat the card in the camera and the problem goes away for a good while. Last time was over a month ago and it's still going strong.

Congrats on the super cap mod!

I've "almost" replaced mine several times due to this issue but just before I do, I reformat the card in the camera and the problem goes away for a good while. Last time was over a month ago and it's still going strong.

Congrats on the super cap mod!
Yeah, formatting the card helps, but there must be a better solution, or at least an explanation of this problem.
Thanks.

Add me to the list. My problem started about a year ago when using a 32gb Class 10. I moved to a 16gb Class 6 and that solved it until a week ago. I'm trying all of the suggestions here and hoping to find a solution. I love the camera, but the unreliability stinks.

I'm thinking about replacing it with a Mobius, but we really don't have the funds right now.

Any new suggestions?

I'm also checking for electrical issues. My battery pretty much sucks, so it is constantly running with the USB lead
.cam.jpg

I'm also checking for electrical issues. My battery pretty much sucks, so it is constantly running with the USB lead

Most likely your battery "puffed" from heat and is pretty much useless now. You could either replace the battery or try a supercap mod. The battery replacement is much more straight forward but the new battery will eventually puff as well.

Just reporting back that the problem is getting worse every day. It used to turnoff once in awhile after 20 minutes of driving and became slowly more frequent.
Now it is after less than 5 minutes. I have reformatted the card in the camera and checked it for errors.
I am now trying to find out my return options for this camera.
As a final follow up to this sad tale, the cam is now dead. All I get is the red LED lighting up when I plug in USB.
I assume the battery is dead.

This is very disappointing. I did open it up and did not see anything amiss but I do not want to mess around in this way. I just want plug and play that works. I will likely order the one of Street Guardian models and hope that it can survive in Canada.

As a final follow up to this sad tale, the cam is now dead. All I get is the red LED lighting up when I plug in USB.
I assume the battery is dead.

This is very disappointing. I did open it up and did not see anything amiss but I do not want to mess around in this way. I just want plug and play that works. I will likely order the one of Street Guardian models and hope that it can survive in Canada.

I'd pretty much guarantee that your battery has "puffed" to the point of complete failure and it's basically acting like a short. Replacing the battery would more than likely revive the camera. I bet even just disconnecting the battery would get it working with external power.

After my second (replacement) battery puffed, I decided to attempt the super cap mod. It's not pretty with the external cap but it works fine unless the SD card needs a fresh format. Replacing the battery or adding an external super cap are fairly easy to recover your ~$100 investment. I'd cut the battery wires and see if it powers up, then you can decide.

Back