0803 stop recording with chime sound

Hi,

I cannot find, If someone have same problem. It seams, that after card is full (32GB class 10), 0803 stop recording after few seconds with chime. It is still on, but not recording. If I start recording manualy, camera start, but, still, after few seconds recording stop (I mean up to 20 seconds). If I repeate this 5 or more times, it start recording without stopping. I try other card, it is same. Cards are OK, because I have 0801 too and it works without problems. If I format or clear card, it works.

I can say, that 0803 have good video, but, it is crap. 0801 without problems, but 0803 still something. Problem in battery, freezing, sometimes it looks like camera recording, but, on card is nothing, stopping recording.

Thanks, Peter
Hi guys i got same problem here is what i found may be it will be a clue to fix it but for now my 0803 is recording ! SOLVED !
So firs thing first
I bought it about 6 month ago it was working but kind of mulfunctioning i google it and found latest firmware w0140919 plus i modified logo to toyota so it was stable and working fine (note: i dit update firmware for my friend at same time he also got 0803 plus gmc logo )
So his cam is stil good no problem mine fail , how this happen ;
Vehicle had an accident G sensor was activated , after that i start to expirence problem it was stop recording with chime sound (note using 8gb internal and it was recording to 32gb external card)since then i figure out its stopping to record when 32gb is full and no meter what settings you cjange it wont do loop recording , i changed 3 different card different brand and no luck , once its formated its ok when its full no recording i format them different way through camera and computer still same result , i find out that cam creating 4 foldets in card so in 32gb i descover that player folder missing so i copy that folder from internal 8gb card (note; by this time i already took cam complitely apart to find whats going on in there)dont do it its not going to help also i use power from base with gps and conected directly still no luck. So after all that i insert 16gb card and now i got 8gb internal and 16 external and voalya its recording already 3 days no problem ,so my guess is whatever software is inside it canot create some kind of table with 32gb to register files and its stuck at the end when its full my was even showing invaled file (note i try to load firmware again its also did not help) new card twice smaller in size helped to fix it , guys try it out with different size card and report here to see if this is solution.
Thank you and have a great day !

I've two 0803's one in each car and I too have seen the pipipipipipi issue when overheating. I've not been able to power off the units, but just let them run on battery until there is no power left.

I also get the occasional full card error where it beeps once and stops record. I'm going to try the iTracker firmware and reduce to a fast 16gb card to see if that helps.

Yes. Still happens. I still just remove the microSD and reformat once every couple weeks or so when the recording seems to get too buggy to reliably know, if I have the music up and can't hear the chimes, that it's still running more often than not.

This whole dashcam experience has been a bit of a downer really. I ultimately want front and back cameras. 0803 was my first 'toe in the water' purchase and turned me off to the minis. 0805, 0806 reports did nothing to dissuade me about keeping away from them in future, and even SG releases seem to be reporting a lot of early bugs with the one model I was interested in still delayed.

Sigh. Still just keeping this thing barely chirping along and waiting...

I've upgraded the firmware to the iTracker version and travelled several hundred miles at the weekend, filling the 32gb card several times over and not yet had an issue with my 0803.

Yes. Still happens. I still just remove the microSD and reformat once every couple weeks or so when the recording seems to get too buggy to reliably know, if I have the music up and can't hear the chimes, that it's still running more often than not.

This whole dashcam experience has been a bit of a downer really. I ultimately want front and back cameras. 0803 was my first 'toe in the water' purchase and turned me off to the minis. 0805, 0806 reports did nothing to dissuade me about keeping away from them in future, and even SG releases seem to be reporting a lot of early bugs with the one model I was interested in still delayed.

Sigh. Still just keeping this thing barely chirping along and waiting...

Try reformatting the card in the camera. I think that's a better chance of success than formatting externally.

I know what you mean about being a downer. I really liked the 0803 and at first it seemed to be great, then I started having problems and found it was a swollen battery. I replaced the battery and it was all good for a few weeks until the battery swelled again. Therefore I did a DIY for a super cap, not the prettiest but it works OK. After I thought all my problems were resolved, I had this problem. :( It seems that reformatting the card in the camera has solved it for now but I was still ready to dump it for a 0806. Then I read the threads about the 0806. :(
When I started this I wanted front and back cameras as well but decided to go 0803 in front and Mobius in back. I am now considering another Mobius for the front and just abandoning the GPS requirement I had.

PS. The itracker firmware seem to be the best for my needs of the many versions I tried.

Try reformatting the card in the camera. I think that's a better chance of success than formatting externally.

64GB card. Can't. And should sincerely not matter if the format is correct per specifications.

Hmm.

Still doing it with the Itracker firmware.

I notice I can re-start the recording by pushing the 'OK' button a couple of times, but it'll often stop recording again later.. Once it's decided it's going to be a pain, that's usually the theme for the journey. Some days it's fine though -this is what bugs me..

That's weird. The only things I can think of checking are: the card (trying another and / or reformatting the card), the connections at the mount (adding the paper shim), and maybe re-flashing the firmware. I don't know that any of these would fix it but those are the things I would try.

Just thought I would chime in. I have had the 0803 for about 8 months now and had no issues. I had updated it in the fall of 2014 to the latest Russian firmware to get the max speed frozen on recording but other than that I have not done anything. About a month ago I noticed that it will chime and shut off during recording usually about 15 minutes into drive. If I unplug the lighter charger and re-plug it in the camera starts recording right away for awhile.
This is very strange since it has worked for such a long time on the same 32GB Samsung card.

I will try direct power charging and reformatting the card but it sounds like these cameras were just not built to last. Too bad because it is my first dash cam and wanted to get another for my wife's vehicle but I do not trust the build quality of these.

So yes these problems are still happening and seem to be spreading.

I have 2 x 0803's in the same car (1 front with gps and 1 rear without gps).

Lately, the rear unit will chime and turn off. (No problem yet with front unit with gps).

The turning off is not every single time but occasionally (but enough to be annoying).

I have the unit screen power off at 1 minute and this is when the unit chimes and powers off.
**So I changed the timing to 3 minutes - same thing, it would chime and turn off at 3 minutes.**

I do not have internal memory, just using a SanDisc Ultra 32gb SD Class 10 + f/version 20140826 in both units.

I had formatted the front/gps unit within the camera but had forgotten to format the rear unit (and really didn't both formatting it was was working ok up until this point).

I will now format (as a first step) the rear unit within the camera and will report back after a few days advising if problem returns.

Just thought I would chime in. I have had the 0803 for about 8 months now and had no issues. I had updated it in the fall of 2014 to the latest Russian firmware to get the max speed frozen on recording but other than that I have not done anything. About a month ago I noticed that it will chime and shut off during recording usually about 15 minutes into drive. If I unplug the lighter charger and re-plug it in the camera starts recording right away for awhile.
This is very strange since it has worked for such a long time on the same 32GB Samsung card.

I will try direct power charging and reformatting the card but it sounds like these cameras were just not built to last. Too bad because it is my first dash cam and wanted to get another for my wife's vehicle but I do not trust the build quality of these.

So yes these problems are still happening and seem to be spreading.

Just reporting back that the problem is getting worse every day. It used to turnoff once in awhile after 20 minutes of driving and became slowly more frequent.
Now it is after less than 5 minutes. I have reformatted the card in the camera and checked it for errors.
I am now trying to find out my return options for this camera.

Mine is doing the chime and turn off, and not recording either. It worked fine for a few weeks.

My camera has not been used much at all :-(

I also have the same issues with my 0803.
I have tried to format the 32gb card i nthe Camera and the PC to no avail.
I have also reset the camera, again no joy.....
Any suggestions?

I have 2 x 0803's in the same car (1 front with gps and 1 rear without gps).

Lately, the rear unit will chime and turn off. (No problem yet with front unit with gps).

The turning off is not every single time but occasionally (but enough to be annoying).

I have the unit screen power off at 1 minute and this is when the unit chimes and powers off.
**So I changed the timing to 3 minutes - same thing, it would chime and turn off at 3 minutes.**

I do not have internal memory, just using a SanDisc Ultra 32gb SD Class 10 + f/version 20140826 in both units.

I had formatted the front/gps unit within the camera but had forgotten to format the rear unit (and really didn't both formatting it was was working ok up until this point).

I will now format (as a first step) the rear unit within the camera and will report back after a few days advising if problem returns.

I know I said I would report back after a few days but decided longer and see what happened from trying things.

Bad news...nothing has changed with the rear camera, it still chimes and powers off randomly - but only at the set time I have the screen power off set to)
Good news...the front camera is not being affected yet.

So I don't know, apart from sending back to supplier (Foxoffer) oversees.

Some have mentioned about trying other type of SD cards but I don't want to go to the expense of buying better quality ones just to have the same problem.

As I have both cameras plugged to a dual adaptor then to the cigarette lighter, and at least it is easy to pull up 'plug' and reseat it when rear camera powers off (maybe I just have to put up with doing that).

ok will try for a while and see how it goes.
Thank you helping on this forum.

Unfortunately, plugging directly to camera (rather than mount) has not solved the 'chime / power off' problem (has occurred 3 times since trying).

Back