0906 firmware update

Not sure about the mic issue you are having.
Am also using the latest firmware. No issue with mic. May be hardware specific issue.

Is there a hope to have an option to disable parking mode through setup selection even if you are using parking guard hard wire kit in upcoming firmware revisions?

Tried 2 modes.

1. AUTO SWITCH LAPSE mode: from observation, this is switching between 720p2 to 720p30 when motion is detected with delays in between switching modes. Selecting this mode from settings menu then exiting settings menu while engine is off, the initial resolution is 1080p30 then switches to 720p2 after a few seconds.

2. ALWAYS TIME LAPSE mode: with engine off, selecting this mode and exiting settings menu leaves the resolution in 1080p30 and wouldn't switch to 720p2. Only way for it to switch to 720p2 is to switch ignition key to acc for a while to run the dashcam in normal recording mode, then switch it off. This will make the cam switch to 720p2 after a few seconds.

Also on ALWAYS TIME LAPSE mode, does G sensor work? I was tapping the cam body with sensitivity set on high while on time lapse 720p2 resolution and it was not switching to 720p30.

Update: Encountered dashcam freezing on ALWAYS TIME LAPSE MODE. From parking overnight, I drove for an hour this morning from 6:30am - 7:30am and checked dashcam before I parked and it was frozen at 21:29:59 with the blue and red led constantly lit. Turning ignition off and on didn't help. @Rayman.Chan

Last edited:
For next firmware upgrade, is it possible to show battery voltage on screen on regular recording and/or parking mode so that we may know the correct setting for our parking guard hardwire kit? This would also help in diagnosing cam freezing issue.

For next firmware upgrade, is it possible to show battery voltage on screen on regular recording and/or parking mode so that we may know the correct setting for our parking guard hardwire kit? This would also help in diagnosing cam freezing issue.

the camera input is 5v, you're not going to be able to read the vehicle battery voltage

the camera input is 5v, you're not going to be able to read the vehicle battery voltage
Oh yeah. Totally forgot about that!

I think you can use any OBD readers to monitor battery voltage and health.
Oh I have one (see video on previous post). I was just thinking of seeing the battery voltage as the dashcam successfully saves the last video if ever the cam do freezes. But I forgot that the parking guard wiring converts the input voltage to 5V before going to the dashcam so it won't see the actual batt voltage.

You can increase the video quality in time LAPSE mode from 720p2 to 1080p2 if used in single camera 1080р60? You can add more video quality settings in TIMELAPSE mode?

@Rayman.Chan
Yesterday I transferred the rear cam to the front windshield to have it act like a taxi cam. It was working properly when I checked it after the install. But today, I have something strange that came up during parking mode. The screen shows Rear but the video showing is from the front cam. The resolution is 720p2 w/c is parking mode resolution. This has happened 2x already. One is after lunch, before starting the car, and checking the cam just now. The cam returned to normal 1080p30+1080p30 after starting the engine the first time it happened.IMG_20180210_164119.png

Last edited:
Is it possible to push out an update for rear parking mode capabilities? Maybe this new firmware update includes the feature? I'm just under the impression only the front camera has parking mode. I don't have the Mini0906, but I'm looking into purchasing it.

LOG:
1, reworked Parking Guard function, now 4 options under ParkingGuard:
AUTO SWITCH LAPSE
ALWAYS TIME LAPSE
MOTION DETECTION
NORMAL RECORDING
2, split the time lapse videos for 4GB file limit

download:
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20180124.zip
Hi Rayman,

I assume the options are.

1. Auto switch - motion detection changes frame rate from 2 to 30?
2.Always time lapse - disables motion detection.
3. Motion detection- only records when motion is detected
4. Normal recording - records 1080p 30 +1080p 30 continuously?

on the last firmware sometimes does not perform cyclic recording, does not finish some video files, sometimes the GPS does not work...
Capture1.JPG Capture5.JPGCapture6.JPG
My speed at the roundabout is 24 km / h!
Capture4.JPG

Hi Rayman,I assume the options are.
1. Auto switch - motion detection changes frame rate from 2 to 30?
2.Always time lapse - disables motion detection.
3. Motion detection- only records when motion is detected
4. Normal recording - records 1080p 30 +1080p 30 continuously?

Auto Switch Lapse - the camera will record low frame 720P 2fps lapse video while parking, but if there is motion detected it will auto switch to 720P 30fps for 15 seconds recording then auto switch back to 720P 2fps after image still
Always Time Lapse - the camera will record low frame 720P 2fps lapse video all the time while parking;
Motion Detection – the camera will auto switch on motion detection function while parking, if there is motion detected it will record video for 15 seconds;
Normal Recording – the camera will continue record normal video even after vehicle parked, it will be a huge storage consume.

on the last firmware sometimes does not perform cyclic recording, does not finish some video files, sometimes the GPS does not work...
My speed at the roundabout is 24 km / h!

it is recommended to reboot the player after setup.
the speed is calculated by GPS moudle by location, there is some delay than real driving

Thanks for confirming Rayman

Auto Switch Lapse - the camera will record low frame 720P 2fps lapse video while parking, but if there is motion detected it will auto switch to 720P 30fps for 15 seconds recording then auto switch back to 720P 2fps after image still
Always Time Lapse - the camera will record low frame 720P 2fps lapse video all the time while parking;
Motion Detection – the camera will auto switch on motion detection function while parking, if there is motion detected it will record video for 15 seconds;
Normal Recording – the camera will continue record normal video even after vehicle parked, it will be a huge storage consume.

Hi Rayman,
While am using the motion detection in parking mode, what i observe is, the camera turns off if motion is not detected for the time period its set for the camera off.
ie if camera off is set for 1 minute or so, while in parking mode, if no motion is sensed for 1 minute, the camera turns off. I guess the expected function is camera shouldnt turn off in parking mode irrespective of the turn off setting.

Let me know the configuration for continuous recording in parking mode in motion detection option selected as parking mode option.

While am using the motion detection in parking mode, what i observe is, the camera turns off if motion is not detected for the time period its set for the camera off.
ie if camera off is set for 1 minute or so, while in parking mode, if no motion is sensed for 1 minute, the camera turns off. I guess the expected function is camera shouldnt turn off in parking mode irrespective of the turn off setting.

Seems to be functioning as intended. The camera doesn't turn off, it goes into standby and waits till motion is detected again.

Seems to be functioning as intended. The camera doesn't turn off, it goes into standby and waits till motion is detected again.
You mean it should turn off than staying in standby mode?.if motion is not detected for more than 1 minute, when my camera off time setting is for 1 minute?

In my case its turning off after 1 minute when motion sensor parking mode is selected.its not staying in standby.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You mean it should turn off than staying in standby mode?.if motion is not detected for more than 1 minute, when my camera off time setting is for 1 minute?

In my case its turning off after 1 minute when motion sensor parking mode is selected.its not staying in standby.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No, it should not turn off.

Are you sure it's not going into standby and turning off?

Back