128GB SD Card issues

Gil

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware F770 2-Ch
Hi.

So I've been reading that 128GB can work as long as it's not PRO or one of the fastest series.

I bought the Samsung EVO +
I popped it in yesterday and no issues.

Today I get memory card error message.

55d4c7a14c166a32d1a6b9e5a31cdc30.jpg

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

On PC to FAT32 using a special app

have you tried formatting in the camera?

may need to set it back to default before doing that, SD Formatter is best to do that with if doing it on your PC

You can format the 128GB Evo+ in camera. Mine worked straight out of the packaging actually..

200gb or more you need to manually format and if its not formatted the correct way it will work fine the first time but ask you to reformat on next start up.

Last edited:
I cannot format in camera because it says system restarting and never get to the point that I can format it.

I wonder if it's there is just EVO instead of EVO +

I'm currently on a road trip to Port Macquarie so no chance to format in laptop.

I use the Samsung EVO 64GB as a backup.
That gave me errors as well.

I think you have to hold down the format button or press it twice (with the IGN on). You can also use the Thinkware app on your phone to format.

I think you have to hold down the format button or press it twice (with the IGN on). You can also use the Thinkware app on your phone to format.
I'll try, but I can't get the app to connect because the camera won't start

have you tried formatting in the camera?

may need to set it back to default before doing that, SD Formatter is best to do that with if doing it on your PC
Just got back home to try SD Formatter.
It doesn't have options for FAT32.

Placed same card in camera this morning. Starting working straight off. Will you updated!

Just got back home to try SD Formatter.
It doesn't have options for FAT32.

SD Formatter will only support default settings, once the card is returned to its default state then you could try an in camera format

SD Formatter will only support default settings, once the card is returned to its default state then you could try an in camera format
I did as you suggested, still no joy.

I used Hw2test and the SD card is flawless.

Used SD Formatter and then popped it in the dashcam. All I get is: Memory card error, system restarting.
In a loop.

When I pop this card out and pop the same brand and model but 64GB, I get: Memory card error, system restarting.

I need to switch the car off, shut down the dashcam, start the car and only then it will accept the 64GB.

So there's an issue here.

By the way, the 128GB is branded as EVO+, as oppose to just EVO. Could that mean a faster or different card specs than EVO?

Also, I now get dashcam random reboot while driving. But I'll open a separate thread on this.

Any ideas on the 128GB?

not sure, they only list support for up to 64GB in the spec

if you format a 64GB cad in the camera does it format it as FAT32 or exFAT?
FAT32.

However, some people suggest that 128GB is working well for them.

I just spent $60 on this card :)

Oh well... What a waste.

What program did you use to format the card FAT32 and what settings did you use?
I think it was the tool from SG website. Used default settings

quick format is fine as it's only for setting the allocation table up, you could try a different cluster size maybe, some cameras prefer 64k clusters rather than 32k clusters, not a model I'm really familiar with so can't offer you any definitive options unfortunately, surprised it's as fussy as it is about cards though

Reactions: Gil
No luck. It worked when it was new out of the box for one day.

Back