2014 VicoVation Marcus-3, 1080p-60Fps, Super HD 2304 x 1296р, 3DNR, WDR, LDWS, FCWS , GPS, CPL

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
VicoVation Announced new 2014 dash camera model: Marcus 3

VicoVation_Marcus.jpg

Some specifications:

- Super HD 2304 x 1296р / 30 Fps
- Full HD 1080p / 60 Fps
- WDR - wide dynamic range
- 3DNR ( 3 dimensional digital noise reduction )
- CPL filter, - optional ( attaches to the quick release bracket )
- GPS module, optional ( attaches to the quick release bracket )
- LDSW - lane departure warning system ( GPS module needed )
- FCWS - front collision warning system ( GPS module needed )

Size: 72 x 53 x 33mm.

Not more info known yet.

Expected release planned to the mid-February 2014. Price around 290usd.

Info source:
http://auto-dvrs.ru/

Last edited:
This is really the mother of all dashcam. 2k video!!! Will grab one if it is available in my country. Woots!!!

Think Vicovation software and video bitrate seems to be better than others. Its like Sony. They are able to produce very good CMOS sensors but their own cameras implementation seems to be lacking though. esp PQ and noise control(Low light). But others who uses Sony sensors yet can control the noise levels (low light) and PQ very well.

Design reminds me Papago GoSafe 110. At least from the front view there are similarities.
Hope Vico did not copy Papago which was released long time ago. Need to wait and see how Vico looks from the back, then can tell ;)
It's probably another trend on dash-cameras design.

T2QC8sXyBaXXXXXXXX_!!75729246.png

Technology has moved so fast. Who knows all the while Vico was the one design and manufacture for Papago! :p

Here's the back view

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 71
Interesting,

Well, I'm going to CES tomorrow through friday. I'll be checking out both Vicovation and Papago booths.

Let me know if anyone has any questions I can ask them directly.

Interesting,

Well, I'm going to CES tomorrow through friday. I'll be checking out both Vicovation and Papago booths.

Let me know if anyone has any questions I can ask them directly.

ALL possible technical info / more specs, more photos, English FW availability etc. would be nice to know.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok will do! I'll document everything (photos,video) and will ask plenty of questions. :)
That's what i was going to ask too. Photos and videos. I might even wonder as far as to take my own memory card and try to get some personal raw footage to check audio and bit rate. show how time stamp looks what GPS data it uses so on and so forth.

:EDIT: doing so might also help to make sure that it is supported in Registrator Viewer even before release

That's what i was going to ask too. Photos and videos. I might even wonder as far as to take my own memory card and try to get some personal raw footage to check audio and bit rate. show how time stamp looks what GPS data it uses so on and so forth.

Great Idea! I'll pop some spare microSD / SD cards in my pocket.

I just cleared out all my old iPhone 5S photos/videos and freed up 17GB. I have a nice battery backup case so I'll be good to go wandering the show. I might bring my Panasonic ZS30 pocket camera too along too since it has a super zoom. (and 60fps video)

Great Idea! I'll pop some spare microSD / SD cards in my pocket.

If you will be visiting a dash-cam manufacturers ( Vico or any others ), it is worth briefly to introduce DCT, maybe you can even print at home business cards with DCT logo ( if DashCamMan is fine to use it ), add website address and share to manufacturers. Maybe they will be interested in providing some new products samples for tests and review on DCT.
You already have Vico experience and could take over Marcus series tests ( if have time ).
Anyway, it is worth to try to ask ;)

If you will be visiting a dash-cam manufacturers ( Vico or any others ), it is worth briefly to introduce DCT, maybe you can even print at home business cards with DCT logo ( if DashCamMan is fine to use it ), add website address and share to manufacturers. Maybe they will be interested in providing some new products samples for tests and review on DCT.
You already have Vico experience and could take over Marcus series tests ( if have time ).
Anyway, it is worth to try to ask ;)

Will do, I won't be shy with the questions. I'll make sure they all know the enthusiasts on DashCamTalk are looking forward to more information and forming new direct connections here.

Always wanted to go to a CES, lucky you!

Back