omegamoto

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
Dash Cam
Hero 4/5, SJCAM M20/SJ7, Sony X1000V

Last edited:
I suppose Gitup does not have enough staff for doing all the software things efficiently. So they should rather concentrate on finally publishing the app insted of tinkering around on novelties within the firmware.

I suppose Gitup does not have enough staff for doing all the software things efficiently. So they should rather concentrate on finally publishing the app insted of tinkering around on novelties within the firmware.

firmware development is done by different people, should they stall development just because the app isn't done?

I don't know how Gitup is organized with internal purposes. But what if these 'different people' will concentrate on the app? Meanwhile it is hard to believe that someone is actually working on the app.

"Auto-Lock White Balance"
"WB Lock" requires a side button press and the screen to confirm that it was properly pressed and the WB is locked. When you can not confirm that because of your mounting system you cannot trust on the side button.

In my opinion, the Git2 does a very accurate job regarding to color temp selection when the recording is started. It’s also very quick adjusting WB on the fly, but that leads to a little issue: “Bouncing WB”. When you go from one color temp to another (even for a tiny amount of time) under shady areas like trees, bridges, etc. the coloration changes too frequently giving an unpleasant result. Then, the option to automatically Lock the WB at the color temp present when the recording is started should work for this.
I like that idea, it would also let you lock the WB while in the air with no access to the button :)

Do you also want to lock the exposure in the same way, or is it just the white balance. If just the white balance then it could go in the White Balance menu as the option after "Auto".
"Vertical video flip"
That one is already in the list if you mean "Rotate 180".

If you actually mean flip then like mirror, I think it is something for the video editor to do.

It would be nice to save movie compatible with GoPro Studio. Now there is a problem with importing video from GitUp to GoPro Studio.

I tried this program and i had no issue importing the Git2 files. Every PC is different so i can not guess what caused the issue to you. It could be codecs, the framerate/size of your video files, incompatibility due to another software installed, etc.

All i can report is that GoPro Studio (latest version) worked fine on my PC. The thing i didn't like was the fact that the program does a conversion prior to the edition itselft, making the process a lot longer. So, i'd recommend you Adobe Premiere Pro instead.

GoPro Studio is free and easy to understand/oparate.
For me (amator video editor) it has only one issue - import from non GoPro sources. I must to use YAMB (http://yamb.unite-video.com/index.html) on every file imported from Gitup Git2. If I don't use it, GPS gives me "...unable to play file. file may be corrupted or in an unsupported format" message. My sets: 1080@30, medium bitrate

That one is already in the list if you mean "Rotate 180".

If you actually mean flip then like mirror, I think it is something for the video editor to do.
I can only confirm this is already implemented in latest firmware, will check other suggestion in detail.

Some update about using GoPro Studio with Git2 source.
It seems that the root of the problem is track info metadata which can be easy fixed by Gitup (please do it!).
This trick is working for me:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...editing-software-etc.15806/page-2#post-212154
but this is annoing to proccess each imported file.

@gitup - could You please investigate this issue?
Maybe You change some meta tag in 1.5 firmware series (betas and final).

Last edited:
Many of the suggestions seconded, especially the start/stop beep and low color saturation (or no added saturation like ProTune?). Also, you could consider adding separate aspect ratio (4:3 / 16:9) switch, grouping similar kind of settings closer together on the "same page" and priority in order to those which are used the most (I believe for most the ones that affect to video quality); and as already requested option to switch off automatic Audio Gain Control if possible to implement.

Hi @gitup, i think you mean "will be" implemented instead of "is already", isn't it? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
It will be in firmware 1.6 which is not released yet, and should not be expected anytime soon.
Yeah, with "Low Color" i mean being able to reduce color saturation to get a more neutral footage (two levels would be ideal as it was done with positive saturation) So it would look like: Normal/Sepia/B&W

+ Colorful
++ Vivid
- Low
-- Muted (or any name)
Vivid, Colourful, Normal, Colourless, Dull, Monochrome, Sepia.

Do those names make sense in that order for everyone?

I'm adding the audio suggestion to the main list.
The current system works rather well in most circumstances compared to other cameras I've used, I'm not sure that just turning AGC off is what is required for the circumstances in which it does not work so well...

The current system works rather well in most circumstances compared to other cameras I've used, I'm not sure that just turning AGC off is what is required for the circumstances in which it does not work so well...

I have no experience of other video cameras and I would assume if you want high quality audio you should use devices which are specifically designed to capture high quality audio. Nonetheless, for some specific purposes ability to have complete control over the level of audio capture would be very useful - just like it is now (high, normal low) or even better, using a relative numerical value like 1 to 5 or 10, or if you want to be professional, on the desibel scale e.g. increments/decrements of 3dB.

Same approach could be used on the scale of color saturation (or any other adjustable value) as well, like -5 to +5.

Last edited:
I would totally vote for more shutter speed options in photo mode 1/2000, 1/1000, 1/800, 1/500, 1/200, 1/100 as it provides the fast shutter speed for action movements and i also would like to shoot panorama but thats difficult without fixed settings.

I would totally vote for more shutter speed options in photo mode 1/2000, 1/1000, 1/800, 1/500, 1/200, 1/100 as it provides the fast shutter speed for action movements and i also would like to shoot panorama but thats difficult without fixed settings.
OK, we will add some faster shutter speed for photo.

Regarding the image rotation, is already implemented, haven't shared the firmware, but soon beta version will be ready.

And for Git1 when will be ready the stable firmware 1.4? You have forgotten the "first child"...

And for Git1 when will be ready the stable firmware 1.4? You have forgotten the "first child"...
There is nothing new added since the beta version, take some time to optimize the Thai language translation, so will official release the firmware soon.

@omegamoto , thanks for your suggestion, I rechecked it again, am afraid too much options added.
In future firmware, it will support load the options via configuration file from SD card, if we want to add more not often use options, is better to only support by config file.
Also maybe it will support fast switch between different configuration files.

And currently mainly working on "Git3" now, so don't have too much time to add new features on Git2, going to release a new Git2 beta version next week.

@omegamoto , thanks for your suggestion, I rechecked it again, am afraid too much options added.
In future firmware, it will support load the options via configuration file from SD card, if we want to add more not often use options, is better to only support by config file.
Also maybe it will support fast switch between different configuration files.

And currently mainly working on "Git3" now, so don't have too much time to add new features on Git2, going to release a new Git2 beta version next week.

i honestly like the idea of granting access to "many" features which are not available via menu, since it keeps the camera interface clean for inexperienced users and provides more options for the power user at a small price. also you could push the updates more easily as they don't need to be tested that throughoutly. Just think about some kind of log or protocoll for camera actions/feedback which could be usefull regarding loading settings and testing. Thanks

Ohhhh, "working on the git3", sounds nice.

I bet that is going to compete with Xiaomi Yk 4K camera ?

Back