I asked something similar time ago. Probably @gitup is going to include more commands to the bin file, hopefully all of them. And also includes the "Front led only" option to check the camera status in a mirror when your engine doesn't let you hear the beep.

(Front led only is to avoid all led on).

Missed that one man, sorry about the repetition. I end checking on the mirror too, so it's actually a very good idea if the beeps cannot be louder, hopefully one if not both of the suggestions could make its way to a future upgrade.

Just two little more suggestions:
- To include "Quick Capture" in the UICONFIG.BIN , being such an useful option
- If technically possible, that might be not, the chance to have a louder beep (may be preserving the actual and having a 3 way switch: off/soft/loud or something like that)
This will be added in future firmware but not in V1.6 version, thanks for your suggestion.

Could the standby mode be improved shutting down more inner systems (may be adding a "deep standby" choice available in setup if the wake up time could be noticeable higher as a result)
This depends on the hardware, can not support on Git2. We have already discussed in "Git3", but can not promise if this can be implemented.

Git 2. Can you add bitrate settings for 720 60p/120p mode. Now is only about 13 mbps for all. It is too low.

Git 2. Can you add bitrate settings for 720 60p/120p mode. Now is only about 13 mbps for all. It is too low.
We can do this in next version. Before we thought not many user use 720P mode.

On 1.4v, using 720 60 fps or 120 , i see duplicate frame. The 1.6v correct it?

This is for v1.7, since 1.6 is already out.

Can you add a volume level indicators (Left and Right) that show on screen when an external mic is being used. My Canon Vixia camcorder has this functionality. It makes setting the mic input level for your recording environment much easier because you can see if the sound level is too high and you are getting clipping. The Canon has two small multi-segment VU meter lines that go from left to right across the bottom of the screen when an external mic is plugged in.

P.S. I'm impressed with the quality of the sound on my Git2 when using an external mic (Sony stereo mic). The internal mic is not bad either.

honestly VU meters could be useful even when using the internal mic - they could help you decide whether to use a different mic sensitivity level beforehand.

...It makes setting the mic input level for your recording environment much easier because you can see if the sound level is too high and you are getting clipping...
The Git2 has an auto volume control so you won't get clipping anyway, you can just leave the volume set to high if you want it to always record at full volume, or turn it down if you want it always recorded quiet.

Because of this, I don't think a VU meter would make much sense, it would be hard to understand what it was saying.

You do need to be a little careful not to make an extra loud sound after starting recording as that can end up with a quiet recording. Also it can be good to stop and start recording again between scenes to reset the auto volume control.

The Git2 has an auto volume control so you won't get clipping anyway, you can just leave the volume set to high if you want it to always record at full volume, or turn it down if you want it always recorded quiet.

Because of this, I don't think a VU meter would make much sense, it would be hard to understand what it was saying.

You do need to be a little careful not to make an extra loud sound after starting recording as that can end up with a quiet recording. Also it can be good to stop and start recording again between scenes to reset the auto volume control.
i was referring more to the git1, but i guess i missed that the 2 has auto volume. been a while since i used it anywhere loud that i wanted to keep the audio. on the quadcopter, i rarely keep the audio since it's just prop wash and motor whine anyway.

i was referring more to the git1, but i guess i missed that the 2 has auto volume. been a while since i used it anywhere loud that i wanted to keep the audio. on the quadcopter, i rarely keep the audio since it's just prop wash and motor whine anyway.
Yes, a sound level meter would be nice for the Git1, it would also be good on the Git2 if it was possible to disable the auto volume control. The auto volume normally does a good job and it is much easier to use than manual control, but it's not ideal if you are making a serious music recording.

You do need to be a little careful not to make an extra loud sound after starting recording as that can end up with a quiet recording.
This is not always your own decision.

I have never liked automatisms. In general I know a little better what to roughly expect from a scene, so some kind of a limiter function would be enough, coming along with the audio setting for low/mid/high.

my day job is all about automation. so i totally feel your pain in terms of trying to make things work right in as many situations as possible. sometimes there's just no substitute for manual intervention, and i'm SO glad i finally found a way to break out of SCCM's (microsoft's "system center configuration manager" - for pushing out operating systems, software, updates, and gobs of other stuff to enterprise computers) shell and actually ask the user for input. it's made the job SOOOOOOOOOOOO much simpler and WAY more flexible.

honestly VU meters could be useful even when using the internal mic - they could help you decide whether to use a different mic sensitivity level beforehand.

I'm recoding via external mic on a Harley motorcycle with quite a loud exhaust note. I need manual mic level control to keep the engine noise from overwhelming my voice when I speak. The mic is inside my helmet 50mm from my mouth.

I'm recoding via external mic on a Harley motorcycle with quite a loud exhaust note. I need manual mic level control to keep the engine noise from overwhelming my voice when I speak. The mic is inside my helmet 50mm from my mouth.
Someone suggested to turn off auto gain, not sure if this helps, we can do some testing in future.

Back