not sure I understand your logic

why is there a seperator between year and month, but not between month and day or hour and minutes?

just remove the separtor (_) between year and month.

but why is that a problem?

i is not logical to the rest of the formating and hard to read.

If i sort pics from different sources by file name, the files from Git2 are hard to handle.

several people complained, so why do you stick to it. it is an easy change and makes customers happy.

- Hope that photo timelapse timing will be fixed in new firmware - so if you set 1s it take picture every one second, not 1s delay after picture is saved so i result is something between 2-4s depending on RAW option - it will be nice if 1s JPG+RAW can be possible.
- Option for only RAW saving without JPG can be fine.

I think you mean photo interval timing... ;-)

- Hope that photo timelapse timing will be fixed in new firmware - so if you set 1s it take picture every one second, not 1s delay after picture is saved so i result is something between 2-4s depending on RAW option - it will be nice if 1s JPG+RAW can be possible.
- Option for only RAW saving without JPG can be fine.
100% agree with you! timelapse option must do shots every X seconds, time interval must not depend of writing speed of card.

100% agree with you! timelapse option must do shots every X seconds, time interval must not depend of writing speed of card.
Then one second is probably not possible, if write speed of the card is not considered then failure is more likely

Then one second is probably not possible, if write speed of the card is not considered then failure is more likely
Sadly, but you are right and I agree with you too. So, just the option for select JPG, RAW, RAW+JPG...

Sadly, but you are right and I agree with you too. So, just the option for select JPG, RAW, RAW+JPG...
Before we have done testing, some user want to save time to only save JPG or RAW, but it does not make difference for saving time.

Hope this can be implemented in this revision: I'd like to way to set minimum shutter speed for video. When I'm riding in the forest (mixed lighting) the camera is too aggressive about adjusting exposure and drops below 1/60, which causes the video to jump, blur and stutter in the brief moments I'm moving to shadow from sunlight. It goes between 1/60 and a slower shutter speed which causes the video to be jerky and inconsistent speed during playback. It basically makes 1080p60 unusable for mixed light riding at the moment.

This has been discussed before, so you will find more in depth info using the forum search.

Yes, I was part of some of those discussions. Figured I'd bring it up again anyway, since this is a suggestion thread.

Would be good to have the each of photo timelapses in folder on card, e.g. new folder for each photo timelapse.

So, in other words the Yi 4K has not enough detail, sharpness, and it's blurry... and you expect the Git3 to be better.
I don't think the Yi 4k is a bad camera, and neither that the Git3 will be better than the Yi2 in the short term. Perhaps is not impossible technically, but it's a high target to reach.

Hi mate, can you explain the purposse behind this suggestion?

Saludos.

I never say the YI 4K has a bad picture quality . . . When did I say that ??? I have never seen the quality of the picture that the YI 4K can make . I just say that it is not imposible for a 1080p camera to give a better image quality than a 4k camera and I use for exemple the Panasonic gh4 micro four thirds vs blackmagic Pocket camera . I know you start the post about the firmware 1.6 but you are not a MODERATOR , can you stop interpret what I say!!!

"better have a nice 1080p video than a ugly 4k video!!!"
"The Yi 4k camera have good images and powerful hardware, but the Git3 is not to match the hardware, come with different features."
So we know that the Git3 will have different hardware and different features to the Yi 4K, doesn't tell us if the hardware is better or worse, just that it is different and has different features.

Git3 is not a 4K camera, but will be the most powerful 1080P 60fps camera.
So we also know that it is intended for HD 60fps instead of UHD 30 fps. (30fps is not enough for an action camera these days)

What we do not know yet is if the Git3 1080 60fps quality will be better than the 1080 60fps quality from the Yi 4K, the GoPro Hero 4 Black, or even the Panasonic gh4 micro four thirds"!

You are just guessing when you say:
To compete, the Git3 should match the video quality and looking at the Git2 is seems hard to achieve. If the Git3 can do that (because of new hardware -and please get rid of novatek-)...
The Git3 is not going to be using Git2 hardware and although it is sticking with Novatek you should expect that Novatek have been working hard on image quality as well as other features.

The Yi 4K is trying to match the GoPro Hero 4 Black, at a lower price but with the extra features of a stabiliser and lens distortion correction, neither of which work at it's 4K resolution! The Git3 will be different.

(...)In other words, GitUp is trying to fix things that users are requesting even if they are on paper hard to fix. :cool:

This is something I like hearing. Mark of a good company when they're willing to actually listen to users criticism and make effort to improve on it :)

Would be good to have the each of photo timelapses in folder on card, e.g. new folder for each photo timelapse.

Definitely. Would make organisation of pictures a hell of a lot of easier.

Last edited:
Two requests ..
1. Add the option to turn on/off the screen in the video recording mode (side button).
2. Add more modes for timelaps in the video recording (400 ms, 600 ms, 800 ms., or at least 500 ms).

P.S. English is not my native language..

I can only confirm this is already implemented in latest firmware, will check other suggestion in detail.
This is great news! I'm waiting for the Removu S1 gimbal to be released, and this upside down option is a big deal. BTW, I thought I read in the past that flipping the video wasn't possible with novatek chipset? Did I misread? How did you overcome this limitation? If it's done via software, I'd assume it's a processor intensive operation, but wtf do I know... Thanks!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

This is great news! I'm waiting for the Removu S1 gimbal to be released, and this upside down option is a big deal. BTW, I thought I read in the past that flipping the video wasn't possible with novatek chipset? Did I misread? How did you overcome this limitation? If it's done via software, I'd assume it's a processor intensive operation, but wtf do I know... Thanks!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk
The sensor does not support image rotation, but now supported by the chipset.

Back