I have the latest firmware, and am finding that when taking stills while shooting video (Video Snapshot timer), the time intervals don't appear to work, at least not all the time. For instance, yesterday I set the interval to 10 seconds but appeared to get three or four images taken a second or two apart, and then another batch 10 seconds later. I get a similar result if I set the interval to 5 or 20 seconds. Other than that, I am very satisfied with the Git 2 and what it does, but look forward to the new firmware.

I have the latest firmware, and am finding that when taking stills while shooting video (Video Snapshot timer), the time intervals don't appear to work, at least not all the time. For instance, yesterday I set the interval to 10 seconds but appeared to get three or four images taken a second or two apart, and then another batch 10 seconds later. I get a similar result if I set the interval to 5 or 20 seconds. Other than that, I am very satisfied with the Git 2 and what it does, but look forward to the new firmware.
Do you use the 1.6 Beta or V1.5 firmware?

And currently mainly working on "Git3" now, so don't have too much time to add new features on Git2, going to release a new Git2 beta version next week.

I'm seriously considering a Git2 but your comment leaves me a bit discouraged. Will development for the Git2 continue towards further improvement or has your focus shifted to the unreleased Git3.

Should I wait for the V3 or is it going to be a while?

I'm seriously considering a Git2 but your comment leaves me a bit discouraged. Will development for the Git2 continue towards further improvement or has your focus shifted to the unreleased Git3.

Should I wait for the V3 or is it going to be a while?
The Git3 production maybe 2 month later.
Currently we focus on Git3, but still will keep working on Git2, we released the V1.6 Beta somedays ago, and still have some to do list for Git2.

... and still have some to do list for Git2.
The only thing on your to-do list should be to stop permanently lying to the customers and bring out the app for the git2. Or do you plan to cheat all people again with the git3?

From my point of view... Focusing on device is better then focusing on app. If You need app, please use FNcam. Personally - I don't need it. I need best quality video which can generate GIT2.
Please keep in mind - connection with cam is eating battery (both devices).
I can only agree with You in case of GITUP unfulfilled promises about releasing app.

Suggestion: Can you make option to set level of compression (or another codec) when recording video? And add more bitrate options for maximum video quality?
And please fix problem with low light video tearing and jerky look.

How about..
1. Add the option to turn on/off the screen in the video recording mode (side button)?
2. Add more modes for timelaps in the video recording (400 ms, 600 ms, 800 ms., or at least 500 ms)?

How about..
1. Add the option to turn on/off the screen in the video recording mode (side button)?
2. Add more modes for timelaps in the video recording (400 ms, 600 ms, 800 ms., or at least 500 ms)?
I will second the option to turn screen on or off using side button. Useful for quickly checking status.

Change options and controls in "webcam mode" connected through USB to PC

Like... normal and not-wide, for example.

Thx!

Change options and controls in "webcam mode" connected through USB to PC

Like... normal and not-wide, for example.

Thx!
Can you explain more, didn't understand that, sorry.

Can you explain more, didn't understand that, sorry.

Sure!

I mean that when we connect the camera to the PC can't do anything else. We connect and thats all folks!

We can't enter any menu options in the camera in which to set up things like resolution, "fov" (wide or narrow), fps, etc.

And we cantt change any settings from the PC in the typical camera settings menu where you can change brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, "zoom", etc.

I hope I explained it better this time!

Thx

ByE!

Last edited:
Sure!

I mean that when we connect the camera to the PC can't do anything else. We connect and thats all folks!

We can't enter any menu options in the camera in which to set up things like resolution, "fov" (wide or narrow), fps, etc.

And we cantt change any settings from the PC in the typical camera settings menu where you can change brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, "zoom", etc.

I hope I explained it better this time!

Thx

ByE!
I thought we can not improve this, I have tested many other brand cameras, all work like this.

I thought we can not improve this, I have tested many other brand cameras, all work like this.

I've seen SJ4000 and GoPro... and webcam mode works not-wide fov.

Is imposible to set that too?

Currently we focus on Git3
Hoping to see the 1080p / 120fps mode in Git3. And a decent battery life and Price.
No need for 4K now... Let's save that to Git4
As usual, it should be balance of quality and price. (If people is willing to pay +USD300 of action cam... They'll probably buy a gopro or Sony)

For Git2... maybe better bitrate. (And if the chipset can handle 1080p/120fps, that would be avesome)

@omegamoto , thanks for your suggestion, your new 2 suggestions make sense, added to the requirement list now.

@gitup how about a side button function that acts inmediately??

The other day i turned GYRO OFF using the side button...surprise! it did nothing, it seems that when i pressed it only woke up the screen. It would be useful to have both option for side button commands, with and without the "wake up screen first" mode.

Screen is not always usable...
View attachment 26508

I second this....i run a helmet cam and set my screen at 15sec, same thing happened with the quick start/stop recording which works well now, fixed by (V1.5).

Obviously you lose the 'wake up screen first' mode if side function button is set to 'gyro' 'one press off/on' (when fixed).
So having both option commands for same button will not work, i dont think adding more options to the only one function button well help us.
good news is front power button still wakes screen while recording to check status... (when the function button is set on selected option), just need function button to act immediately when pressed once.

Also for us motorcycle riders the screen is not usable when setup as a helmet cam,
I normally slow down when i need to press buttons which allows me to hear the beeps,

So another request: it would be nice to have a 'beep' when side function button command is activated on/off

Last edited:
I believe every beep would be recorded in the footage...

yeah.. i didn't think of that, wouldn't really worry me but i bet its not preferred.

having the function button to act immediately (one press on/off) will help a lot.

Back