256GB SD Confirmed working in Panorama (early report, developing)

Sandisk are great quality cards, compatibility for dashcams has been a bit hit and miss due to the controller chipset they use on the U1 rated cards though

Maybe that's it,
U1 = gamble
U3 = stable ?

Most people buy whatever the best deal on price is. I don't recall seeing any DashCam feedback on the faster higher priced U3 cards.

I use this card in the Pano G : https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00M562LOK
I use this on in the G90 A70: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00M562LF4
I use this one in the G8000L: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00M55C0NS
in my experience in using Sandisk exclusively for decades, I would err that the issues are due to the dashcams firmware rather than the card. Could also be the high temps these dashcams create that could affect this. I have never ever had a failed Sandisk card in anything I have used them in.

And there are other brand cards that are having issues also, no?

Explain, then, why I am having 100% success with these cards in 3 different cams ranging in price and quality. They are all ran nonstop from the time I leave my place to the time I get home some 14 hours later and typically 5 days a week. No failed clips. No locked up cams. No card errors.

$800 for the 512GB - give it ten years and we'll be running 5TB cards with scratch and sniff video files!

Do you know size of the video file with 10 minutes segment?
As many people stated & asked on forum sometime they are not using segmented videos.

Did this ever get answered for the Pano G? I prefer continuous mode and want to know what size card to get. Thanks!

Hi, friends.
I just tried the method explained by Pier28, using the GUIFormat utility with my PNY 256GB SDXC card. It didn't work. My Panorama G boots or shuts down whenever I press the menu key. Sometimes the camera freezes after starting to record.
What am I doing wrong? Any help will be welcome.

Hi, friends.
I just tried the method explained by Pier28, using the GUIFormat utility with my PNY 256GB SDXC card. It didn't work. My Panorama G boots or shuts down whenever I press the menu key. Sometimes the camera freezes after starting to record.
What am I doing wrong? Any help will be welcome.

Can you confirm the camera works normal if you use a smaller SD card? I've only had 2 customers report success using 256GB so far. (both used PNY)

I purchased a Panorama G and PNY 256GB card about a month ago. Didn't have time to fiddle with everything until now.
I'm experiencing the same exact problem as posted above by Jamonda. I have reformatted the PNY card about 5 times, just as the instructions posted by Pier28 said.
I can take pictures, and review them on the cam as well as on the pc.
For videos I can record but I cannot review on the cam or on the pc. I get a red titled warning screen similar to the picture posted on page two mirrored across the entire display when I attempt to review. On the pc they appear corrupt.
It is hit or miss on power up if I can press menu or not. Most of the time it reboots the device.
Tomorrow I will pick up a <32gb SD from Best Buy and compare.

Strange 256GB worked on the older firmware. There are exFAT improvements being made soon and I've asked that 256GB be tested. Stay on a smaller card for now and I will update this thread once I confirmed/know more about what's been fixed. (new engineer helping)

Strange 256GB worked on the older firmware. There are exFAT improvements being made soon and I've asked that 256GB be tested. Stay on a smaller card for now and I will update this thread once I confirmed/know more about what's been fixed. (new engineer helping)
Thanks for the speedy response and motivation to resolve this possible issue. Do you want me to get you the firmware version on my cam? I looked for a factory reset feature on the device, thinking I did something wrong, but couldn't locate anything.

Here is the latest firmware as of today, new one in the works. (to enhance exFAT file system SDXC compatibility) There is no factory reset on these things yet. (been requested)

DL10iYMl.jpg

20141202_203143.jpeg
I fought the freezing temps and checked my firmware and it looks as though I am behind the curve.
Do you still think firmware is the issue?
Would updating to a newer version help? If so, I would appreciate a link as I only found firmware for the Pan S.

Can you confirm the camera works normal if you use a smaller SD card? I've only had 2 customers report success using 256GB so far. (both used PNY)

Yes. The camera works ok with smaller SDs. With the 256GB PNY it freezes or shuts down. And I have the 2014.10.31 firmware in my Panorama G.

you could try going back to firmware 1.00.05 I think there's a bug in this later version
I tried a full (not quick) exFat format in windows 8.1 and it seems to be working now. Let's see for how long.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 3
Back