2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Anyone thinking about ordering two of these camera's and putting the large ones in the front and back and the small ones on the sides for total coverage? Any thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea ;-)
You can get coverage inside the cabin or just hide the main units away.

This thread see more action these days than Berlin saw in 1945 :D

Anyone thinking about ordering two of these camera's and putting the large ones in the front and back and the small ones on the sides for total coverage? Any thoughts?

once pricing is set, this will determine if this is a viable option. I mean you may be able to get two less expensive cameras that do FULL HD for less money.

once pricing is set, this will determine if this is a viable option. I mean you may be able to get two less expensive cameras that do FULL HD for less money.

it's effectively 2 x (upgraded) Panorama's in one chassis, if it sneaks it at anything below the price of 2 x Panorama's then I'd consider that very good value

The small camera looks like it could easily be setup to point out a side window then easily rotated 180 degrees to point inside the cabin. Of course the image would then be upside down but could easily be corrected with the viewer. The advantage of this would be using the passenger side camera to record what is happening inside the car and outsider the driver's side window if pulled over by the police, or approached by some irritated individual. That is the ideal system in my opinion, especially if it could be done with a four channel or dual two dual channel remote DVR.

it's effectively 2 x (upgraded) Panorama's in one chassis, if it sneaks it at anything below the price of 2 x Panorama's then I'd consider that very good value
It valued added. So shall be a lot less than 2 combine. I am waiting to see how it plays out. I was getting ready to buy panorama G but since this one is around the corner I will wait it out. But sure not in the need of dual. But my take is this. If it's 150% of the value I would rather have the dual. But if it's close to twice. Then I woukd get by with single.

It valued added. So shall be a lot less than 2 combine. I am waiting to see how it plays out. I was getting ready to buy panorama G but since this one is around the corner I will wait it out. But sure not in the need of dual. But my take is this. If it's 150% of the value I would rather have the dual. But if it's close to twice. Then I woukd get by with single.

it has almost the same hardware costs as two cameras, has two processors, two card readers etc, it shares a power supply but other than that is not going to be effectively much cheaper to manufacture than 2 regular Panorama's, shipping costs will save a bit of money and the install for the rear camera has obvious advantages and other improvements like the built in battery drain prevention that saves buying another device, without even factoring in the 12 months of development time as a cost there's not a lot of savings to be had over 2 x regular Panorama cameras

Sounds like a great idea ;-)
You can get coverage inside the cabin or just hide the main units away.
like i did with my two blackvues! except with good bitrate!

i just wish powerucc would make them more discrete.

Blimey - that LED on the front is definitely for the Korean market! Hopefully that can be turned off like you say.

For the rear camera is that green LED only on the lens side? It might have been better to have had an indicator on the driver facing side so you know its recording when you're sat in the driver seat? Swings and roundabouts I guess as some wouldn't like the distraction!

Blimey - that LED on the front is definitely for the Korean market! Hopefully that can be turned off like you say.

For the rear camera is that green LED only on the lens side? It might have been better to have had an indicator on the driver facing side so you know its recording when you're sat in the driver seat? Swings and roundabouts I guess as some wouldn't like the distraction!

Yeah Korean market loves bling and for cameras to be noticed. Firmware update will shut this off. I'm also looking at including a black rubber O-Ring to slip over the lens housing and cover the orange color all together.

Blimey - that LED on the front is definitely for the Korean market!

what, you don't like it?

For the rear camera is that green LED only on the lens side? It might have been better to have had an indicator on the driver facing side so you know its recording when you're sat in the driver seat?

Agree

what, you don't like it
It's like something out of a 1980s Sega arcade machine - don't get me wrong I'll be trying that out in rush hour traffic as it's bound to scare folks out the way!

It'll definitely stop folks in the East jumping onto cars trying to do an insurance scam so it'll potentially save lives that's for sure!

The other half got me something last Christmas which might be perfect for that - it'll need a wash first though :p

Actually that would wold work too. I'll see what I can find that fits perfect and completely covers the orange. The hardware store will have flat rubber rings with a wider coverage than the standard round shape ones. (And be lower cost than the "fun" ones you speak of) haha

Maybe something 3d printed like what you had done for the 801 CPL and that would hide the bling and lights at the same time?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back