2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

The easiest way is black electical tape applied under stretching, like in car-wrapping. I already fixed that. Easy job ( 5min ). Will share photos when get chance.

Last edited:
Below is size / weight comparison between Panorama S and X2.

Overall size "volume" ( including bracket ) I would say its nearly similar.
X2 is narrower than S, and its slightly higher, but combined volume looks the same.
( P.S. - dont forget the fact that S model cables connectors are on the side, so if they are connected, - the overall width looks about 1 cm wider. ). So, Pano X2 having cables ports on top is a good choice.
Although weight is much heavier due to many extra hardware used ( aluminium edge frame, inner EMI / RFI metal plate ( full body size ) etc.

On my last pictures you see I have already swapped bracket holders ( clear to black ) for more "unified discrete look".

Panorama X2 vs S (1).jpg

Panorama X2 vs S (2).jpg

Panorama X2 vs S (3).jpg

Panorama 2 107 gramm.JPG

Panorama X2 177gramm.JPG

Good idea. I will contact my 3D-printer friend with LaserGnomes and see if I can create something that covers the silver sides as well. One easy clip on matte black cover piece.
I was planning on printing something up myself one I have the camera in hand. Like a boot the covers the front and sides with a hole for the lens which would grip to the lens housing to stay in place. The cover does not have to be very thick a couple mm. I was planning to design the front to make to camouflage the lens and make it less camera looking.
If you do have your friend print something up make sure it is a higher temperature filament. PLA and some other lowtemp filaments will become soft, sticky, even start to melt in hot vehicle direct sunlight conditions.

I was planning on printing something up myself one I have the camera in hand. Like a boot the covers the front and sides with a hole for the lens which would grip to the lens housing to stay in place. The cover does not have to be very thick a couple mm. I was planning to design the front to make to camouflage the lens and make it less camera looking.
If you do have your friend print something up make sure it is a higher temperature filament. PLA and some other lowtemp filaments will become soft, sticky, even start to melt in hot vehicle direct sunlight conditions.

I'm not sure my friend has time to help any time soon. I might need to pay a design fee if I want it quickly. Do you have the mini cad skills to do it? If so maybe you can share the design. I'd love to mass print this and include one in every box.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this gets on with xenon headlights at night with number plate reading as that's where all the new tricks should start to pull this away from other cams :)

Front bulky lens surrounding re-design idea is also what I would be interested in. More like going smoothly from main body flat surface to lens part.
We have to "accept" X2 as is, because this particular model is prototype for Korean market, so some cometic changes may be made before it goes International. Just patience ! ;) . But of course all proposals are welcome.

Below are few of my childish-scribbles :)

First pics is to have same housing like Panorama S / G to fit a CPL filter. Second is if there is no CPL. ( Personally I don't use it, but maybe many would ).

... or even make lens surrounding interchangeable for customers for extra $ to buy as an optional accessory ? ( not practical idea probably )

2014-03-10 08.44.07.jpg

I'm not sure my friend has time to help any time soon. I might need to pay a design fee if I want it quickly. Do you have the mini cad skills to do it? If so maybe you can share the design. I'd love to mass print this and include one in every box.
I have the cad skills and would love to help, but I'm not sure I could meet your timing. I am just recovering from a third round of flu virus, hopefully will not experience a forth round. This has caused a project backlog. Printing the parts is not the issue. The earliest I could possibly design a prototype part for your approval would be early November. Once finalize, parts could be printed quickly.

I have the cad skills and would love to help, but I'm not sure I could meet your timing. I am just recovering from a third round of flu virus, hopefully will not experience a forth round. This has caused a project backlog. Printing the parts is not the issue. The earliest I could possibly design a prototype part for your approval would be early November. Once finalize, parts could be printed quickly.

I would need to improve my CAD-"skills" ( @ my scribble above, LOL ).

First pics is to have same housing like Panorama S / G to fit a CPL filter. Second is if there is no CPL. ( Personally I don't use it, but maybe many would ).

... or even make lens surrounding interchangeable for customers for extra $ to buy as an optional accessory ? ( not practical idea probably )
View attachment 8331
For those not using the filter I was planning a 1mm lip to cover the text on the front of the lens without interfering with the field of view. This would just slide on the lenses housing and could easily be removed to install the filter. I was planning on producing covers and selling them myself, but it makes more since to provide them to a dashcam seller. Keeps my cost down.

@Pier28,
In support of the dashcam community I would be happy to share my design with you and others. Before I publish the STL files I do need to print a prototype and fit it to the camera. I have found that the design usually needs tweeking to fit a part properly and look good. This sometimes takes two or three iteration's. Having the camera or a 3d scan of the camera speeds the process up greatly. Once the design is complete your free to use it however you like, since I am designing one for my own use anyway. If you planning on paying a local print house to mass produce these, you may want to compare their cost to my prices. My cost are a lot lower.

@Pier28,
In support of the dashcam community I would be happy to share my design with you and others. Before I publish the STL files I do need to print a prototype and fit it to the camera. I have found that the design usually needs tweeking to fit a part properly and look good. This sometimes takes two or three iteration's. Having the camera or a 3d scan of the camera speeds the process up greatly. Once the design is complete your free to use it however you like, since I am designing one for my own use anyway. If you planning on paying a local print house to mass produce these, you may want to compare their cost to my prices. My cost are a lot lower.

Sounds great, thanks for the team effort here :) We'll figure it out as we go along. (might not be part of the first wave) Better yet, international X2 housing might be able to be enhanced over the local bling Korea version. (depending on a few things)

I have a 3D printer that is used when we are doing housing designs to check our work, know what they're capable of but no way I'd contemplate making a cover for the camera, it wouldn't be very nice looking and would add a lot of bulk

I have a 3D printer that is used when we are doing housing designs to check our work, know what they're capable of but no way I'd contemplate making a cover for the camera, it wouldn't be very nice looking and would add a lot of bulk

Yeah you're probably right, it will be easier if I find a nice black rubber O-Ring that slips over the lens housing covering all orange.

Yeah you're probably right, it will be easier if I find a nice black rubber O-Ring that slips over the lens housing covering all orange.

I have been thinking the same, but i was thinking of a oil seal ring as they are square in profile, and should fit better up against the orange part witch seem to protrude a little.

come in all sizes.
pl2868650-elastic_oilproof_rubber_seal_aflas_ptfe_pu_nbr_o_rings_oil_seal_for_medical_technique_oem.jpg

I agree that it will not look as shiny and nice looking in the front window as the production camera does, but it will not look ugly. The object is to make the camera less noticeable. I think i can succeed in doing that without adding much bulk. The filament I am planning on using only needs to be 2mm thick and is strong.
Don't get me wrong, this is a really nice looking camera, something I would be proud to show off, but not in the front window of my car when parked in the city. It would not last long and that is where I need parking mode the most.
After I get the camera I will post pictures of the camera with and without the cover installed.
Anyone interested in the STL files or printed parts can let me know.

For those who hinder, when shines orange diode.
New firmware will be released , off orange diode

That's sorted that one then - no X2 condom required :)

I just watched the T4 videos in another thread which @Pier28 posted and they look fantastic at night!

Regarding Panorama X2 bracket / mount / holder ... compatibility of suction mount.

Prototype ( Korean version ) X2 has clear plastic bracket holder and bracket. Of course its up to idnividual taste, but myself I prefer black. Having Panorama 2 / S, I tried to swap clear to black.
Bracket holder is the same size as on Panorama 2 / S, so it is fully compatible with X2 and it is possible* to use same suction mount as used on Panorama S / 2 for those who want attach-detach dashcamera.

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (4).jpg

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (1).jpg

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (2).jpg

The only small issue comes to correspondence of Cotter Pins and Fixed Vertical position notches at the base sides of the pivot bracket mount to the notches on the Suction mount.

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (3).jpg

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (5).jpg

Below you see notches are on the right side of the original mount.
Suction mount notches are on the left side of bracket arm. So, in order to use a suction mount, you need to reverse a mount.

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (6).jpg

However ...
when reversing a mount ( no matter is it original X2 clear or black colour from s / 2 model ), - the mount pins are not matching main unit holes.

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (7).jpg

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (8).jpg

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (9).jpg

Panorama X2 bracket mount holder (10).jpg

You may cut those mount pins, - this way you can mount bracket holder in reverse. This procedure is for suction mount use.

When mounting in the car, for me personally it is very important to mount it as close to windshield as possible. For this purpose I have swapped original long-arm mount to short-arm DIY bracket which I made "ages" ago for Panorama 2. It is about 1/2 inch shorter than original one.

Below is the result. The overall hight of Panorama X2 with DIY short-arm bracket is nearly the same as Panorama S with original size mount, but X2 is slightly narrower. Not bad ;)
WIth this set-up it is very promising to achieve more close to windshield installation which I share in some of my future posts.

P.S. - for vehicles with fully vertical windshield ( bus, trucks, etc ), still need to use original long-arm mount, but for other cars with "angled" windhsiel, the short-arm mount is good way to bring X2 even more close to windshield.

Short DIY bracket for Panorama X2 (1).jpg

Short DIY bracket for Panorama X2 (2).jpg

Short DIY bracket for Panorama X2 (3).jpg

Short DIY bracket for Panorama X2 (4).jpg

Short DIY bracket for Panorama X2 (5).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2