2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Yeah guessing you're right mate - I've got my eye on some IMX322 CCTV cameras on Alibaba as they should be really good in lowlight and wondered if I could use the remote camera of this as a quick trial :)

I might consider this for short term use until a two channel remote dvr camera becomes available. But I do need a few questions answered to determine whether this camera will work in my vehicle:
  1. Does anyone know the dimensions of the cameras? To determine if the front camera will fit behind my rearview mirror.
  2. Is the cable for the rearview camera 11.5 feet as the manual says and if so can an extension be added? I need a minimum of 15 feet running straight down the center of my roof from the mirror to the top center of my back window of my Ford Flex. Fortunately, I do not have a sun roof would interfere with a straight run. With the number of larger SUV's in the US, a 18-20 foot cable would be a reasonable length option.
  3. If I am able to add an extension cable, is there a recommended cable and will this degrade the camera's performance?
  4. The roof above the insulation gets very hot in the summer Florida sun, will the heat damage the cable in time?
I know some of these questions may be difficult to answer at present, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

1. Niko will provide
2. signal can "technically" be transmitted / received up to 10 meters, so I'll ask SungMoon if he can possibly create a new Long Cable accessory option for special needs such as yourself.
3. We can possibly experiment with extensions, but don't think it will work or might have intermittent results If I had to give an educated guess I'd say extensions are a bad idea (signal-break in the cable), creating a new continous longer cable as an accessory is the way to go.
4. The plastic, rubber, and wires will have no problems in the heat. You memory card will fail before anything else does.

Daft question but if the remote camera is USB can you use it in a PC?

I doubt it too, but don't know for sure so let's wait and find out! Maybe we can find a compatible driver to make it work out there.

Yeah guessing you're right mate - I've got my eye on some IMX322 CCTV cameras on Alibaba as they should be really good in lowlight and wondered if I could use the remote camera of this as a quick trial :)

yeah IMX322 is shaping up to be a good sensor.

Last edited:
@kamkar1, Nico's option to reduce bracket size looks promising, then knowing the dimensions of the front camera should be enough to determine if it will fit. I also really like the option of putting the small camera up front and the large in back.
So the main issue is cable length. Nico said he was going to measure it. 6 meters will work, 5 meters extremely tight, 4.5 meters as the manual says is way to short. 4.5 meters does not seem practical unless its is for a subcompact vehicle. So I wonder if the manual is referring to the power cable being 4.5 meters. It is not clear in the Q/A section which cable they are talking about. I am really starting to like this camera with the small camera upfront until they offer a two channel dual remote.

@kamkar1, Nico's option to reduce bracket size looks promising, then knowing the dimensions of the front camera should be enough to determine if it will fit. I also really like the option of putting the small camera up front and the large in back.
So the main issue is cable length. Nico said he was going to measure it. 6 meters will work, 5 meters extremely tight, 4.5 meters as the manual says is way to short. 4.5 meters does not seem practical unless its is for a subcompact vehicle. So I wonder if the manual is referring to the power cable being 4.5 meters. It is not clear in the Q/A section which cable they are talking about. I am really starting to like this camera with the small camera upfront until they offer a two channel dual remote.

Agreed we'll clear this up ASAP for everyone. And yes putting the main part in back and small remote camera hidden up front might be the way to go for many.

Last edited:
I have allways had the notion that if a dashcam could have its upper part as close to the windscreen as possible that would be optimal, but then again that rule out having cables there as they would just be in the way, and having cables come strait down into the dashcam is the most stealthy i can think off.

So once again i came full circle brainstorming a issue witch might not be there, or atleast will be gone when dashcams with remote cameras come on the marked.

oooooo weeeee!!!!!!! YES!

WHEN CAN WE GET THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:D OH MY GATOS! o_O

EDIT: just glanced through the vid. couple of questions @Pier28 :

1. is GPS included or will it be extra on the final production line?
2. the rear cam does not have to be placed up against the rear windshield correct? it just needs a solid mounting surface yeah?

EDIT: when will pricing be announced?

Last edited:
Awesome stuff @niko - really looking forward to seeing your footage over this side of the world! Those other new cams you've posted videos of look interesting too!

Daft question but if the remote camera is USB can you use it in a PC?

Front to rear uses microUSB port. I am not sure if can be used in PC ( maybe using USB to microUSB phone charger ? ), but I am afraid to try, - dont want to brake my new "toy". Usually I start experimenting with my toys when I had a lot on play with them. At the moment I take it easy with all kind of extraordinary experiments ;)

Good news @wrdjr20. I measured video cable, its 6 metre long.

That's great news Niko.
Thanks.

You are welcome.
I do posts here step by step, so sorry if can not provide all info in one go, but any important questions are welcome any time. Will try to replay asap ;)

oooooo weeeee!!!!!!! YES!

WHEN CAN WE GET THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:D OH MY GATOS! o_O

EDIT: just glanced through the vid. couple of questions @Pier28 :

1. is GPS included or will it be extra on the final production line?
2. the rear cam does not have to be placed up against the rear windshield correct? it just needs a solid mounting surface yeah?

EDIT: when will pricing be announced?

1) Right now I'm leaning towards keeping the GPS optional so the price is more attractive to people that don't need or want GPS.
2) You can mount it any way you choose as long as you're happy with the results.
Availability and Pricing is coming soon, we are in discussions figuring out the best balance.

Good news @wrdjr20. I measured video cable, its 6 metre long.

I just Updated Page 28 - Q7 (included both wire details)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...aft-instruction-manual.7578/page-2#post-92486

Q7: The power or external camera wire is not long enough!
A7: The power wire is 3.5 meter (11.5 feet), the external camera wire is 6 meter (19.5 feet) please choose a better routing & mounting location for optimal installation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skk2ozhpz5uzhf6/panoramaX2_Eng_manual DRAFT #10.pdf?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
What I did not see in Niko's video and the manual is a microUSB to standard USB adapter cable for connecting the front camera to a computer to download files. I would hope that files can be downloaded using an adapter cable instead of having to pop out the microSD cards every time I want to transfer files to my computer. I'm sure it is supported but the manual only talks about using a SD card reader.

What I did not see in Niko's video and the manual is a microUSB to standard USB adapter cable for connecting the front camera to a computer to download files. I would hope that files can be downloaded using an adapter cable instead of having to pop out the microSD cards every time I want to transfer files to my computer. I'm sure it is supported but the manual only talks about using a SD card reader.

The Panorama S and G microUSB port is a factory service port only. (No mass storage device mode to transfer files) I'm guessing the X2 will be the same. I recommend getting two microUSB usb keychain adapters. This way when you pop them out you won't lose them.

54af91a5b8488a278794293299ba6df3.jpg

In previous versions of Panorama they included bracket and suction both. Please include only one and keep the other optional to keep the price down. Because I have had both versions of panorama and no use for suction. Person will use either/or but not both I think. Gps optional as well. I think the price should be around, $259.00 and with GPS it should be around, $289.00. If I am buyer and price for panorama G is $215.00 I would pay extra to get dual cam. But if the price is crossing $300 than I would give double thoughs. Just my 2 cents. I am waiting to get one btw.

Last edited:
In previous versions of Panorama they included both brackets. Please include only bracket and keep the suction optional so keep the price down. Because I have had both versions of panorama and no use for suction. Person will use either or but not both I think. Gps optional as well. I think k the price should be around, 259.00 and with GPS it should be around, 289.00 If I am buyer. And price for panorama G is 215.00 I would pay extra to get dual cam. But if the price is crossing 300 than I woukd give double thoughs. Just my 2 cents. I am waiting to get one btw.

I suspect it will be between $350-$400 with GPS

It better be up there, otherwise it will knock the bottom out of the dual dashcam marked, or at least the high end part of it.

Im sorry, how big is the screen? is it 2.7? looks bigger here.... i know its a stupid question...:oops:

The Panorama S and G microUSB port is a factory service port only. (No mass storage device mode to transfer files) I'm guessing the X2 will be the same. I recommend getting two microUSB usb keychain adapters.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I like the adapter you recommend. Viewed a YouTube video to see exactly how it worked. You may need to up your stock, I definitely want two of these to use with the camera. Hate to see them go on backorder then have to pay extra shipping later. Let us know when you start taking preorders.

Anyone thinking about ordering two of these camera's and putting the large ones in the front and back and the small ones on the sides for total coverage? Any thoughts?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back