2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Umm I stuck the module with sticky side on the glass. :eek:

There was also reports that if it was above or near another GPS device that there could be interference, you can try moving it to one of the corners of the glass and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
There was also reports that if it was above or near another GPS device that there could be interference, you can try moving it to one of the corners of the glass and see if it makes a difference.

another GPS is usually ok, near the camera though will cause interference issues

another GPS is usually ok, near the camera though will cause interference issues

So my plan to mount this near my GPS enabled radar detector plan might go to hell haha

I dont have any issues with the GPS module. @reverend was asking questions about it and I responded by saying i mounted the own i have on the glass with the sticky side on the glass.

I mean is that not the standard way of mounting it? i mounted the gps thingy up at the topmost left corner of the glass and the x2 is in the middle. I do have gps but the electronics is in the dash and the gps antenna is up top on the back.

to date, no issues with the gps.

I might flip mine around - I assumed t was label side up and to be stuck to the dash, so I stuck some 3m tape on the GPS label side and stuck that to the window as the cable wasn't long enough to reach the bottom corner of my windscreen.

Yesterday basically we had a cold night and the GPS icon was yellow and as you can see from the clips there was no speed registered which is why I wondered if I have it upside down.

As for the bus and the Peugeot you're not kidding - the small car should have reversed, let the bus past and there would have been no issue - I found it amusing he would not move out the way though and for it to take close to five mins as a stand off was crazy :)

Yeah, finally got my package this morning. Too bad boarder control made me to pay an extra USD 75.

PNY Elite 256GB Flash Mem w/ McAfee Multi-Access

Item#: KNY-102387952M

69.99 After Rebate

TigerDirect

If it helped you. Hit Thanks and share

PNY Elite 256GB Flash Mem w/ McAfee Multi-Access

Item#: KNY-102387952M

69.99 After Rebate

TigerDirect

If it helped you. Hit Thanks and share

Thanks but the X2 uses microSD not full size SD. 256GB refers to 128GB + 128GB (two microSD slots)
The Panorama S and G use full size SD, but X2 uses microSD

I received my X2 in Canada this week with no customs or duty charges. It's good that Pier28 uses USPS for parcels to Canada. USPS tends to have the fewest surprises for me.

Lucky you! I also chose USPS but Canada border made me paid about US$70. But I don't see another way of doing this.

Finally got the X2 installed with all the correct wirings. But ran into a few issues:

1) The dashcam always asked me to insert rear memory card
Tried format is a few times while inserted in the cam and it worked for a while. But then back to the same issue and asked me again

2) Tried to record at raining night and a clear night; I think it's the ISO too high and I cannot see the license plate of the car in front. Meanwhile, rear cam view turns out to be blocked by the tinted window.

I'll be needing the operation menu but doesn't any know if the cam should start recording once the engine has started? Or do I have to press inside the red dotted rectangle to get it going?

what flash memory cards are you using?

perhaps attempt to format on a computer first in fat32 (per specs in the manual) then format in camera.

I had fun with the memory card messages too even after formatting cards in the pc to fat32.

First of all run them through h2testw to make sure they look ok on a PC.

To get around it try swapping the front and rear cards around and see if you can then format the card again as the front card. That sorted mine

So far a Samsung Evo card has been awkward as a rear card but a Sandisk card has been fine.

I think work is still being done around card compatibility - like Dionic90 says what brand and size are the cards?

As for that red rectangle mine always turns off if I press inside that red box - not sure if it does that for the rest of you though as it's supposed to stop and start recording.

i can confirm when i press inside the red box, the unit does indeed turn off.

when i want to access other functions, i just tap the screen like i would do on the pano g and it would stop/pause recording. the GUI pops up and i can then select the cog (or the other items that populate on the screen) to access the menu.

Finally got the X2 installed with all the correct wirings. But ran into a few issues:

1) The dashcam always asked me to insert rear memory card
Tried format is a few times while inserted in the cam and it worked for a while. But then back to the same issue and asked me again

2) Tried to record at raining night and a clear night; I think it's the ISO too high and I cannot see the license plate of the car in front. Meanwhile, rear cam view turns out to be blocked by the tinted window.

I'll be needing the operation menu but doesn't any know if the cam should start recording once the engine has started? Or do I have to press inside the red dotted rectangle to get it going?

If you using 64gb and above microsd cards, then it is not recommended to format inside unit, because it will format into exFat, which is not yet fully stable on X2. Yes, Pano X2 will work OK with exFat, but full stability is not guaranteed. Developer works on future firmware to have full stable exFat microsd cards working flawlessly.

My experience:
I tested in one slot 32gb and other slot 64gb, both formatted inside unit. 32gb formatted into Fat32 and 64gb formatted into exFat. Worked find for some time, normal rec., parking, etc., but some time there were strange little issues without any consistent pattern. After some test'n'try I realised it was caused by exFat memory card. After I formatted 64 into Fat32, - no more issues ! Maybe its same with yours ?

Best if you format 64gb on your PC to Fat32.

Use exFat to FAT32 SmartDisk Fat32 Format Formatter Tool Utility ( How to )

I guess maybe it's firmware specific? What version are you running? 1.00.15?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back