2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

going to miss that high bit rate. I did see a noticeable difference with it whilst slumming around sunny LA...

Hi @signalman, I'm happy to help take care of your X2 needs. I've shipped quite a few X2 to Australia and New Zealand actually. Shipping should only be around $20 and the the X2 price was just lowered so an X2 is quite the deal even with that.

hi,

i was considering the panorama x2 but was concerned for the parking mode and hardwiring:/

would it work if I got one of these anypower t power plus?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/141540029356

Has anyone tried to see if panorama x2 and anypower would work with no hardwiring?

I figure that I would plug the panorama into the anypower with the anypower plugged into the cigarette lighter and when I turn the car off anypower woudl power for overnight

pier28 an experience?

thanks

The biggest problem would be keeping the Anypower devices charged. Hardwiring the x2 was so easy that even I managed it. Just identify the right fuses with a multimeter and then it's really easy from there :)

In theory it should work but you would be the first. You would connect ACC up via the optional cigarette lighter adapter #1 to your car and BAT via cigarette lighter adapter #2 to the external battery pack

Thanks just afraid to take the plunge only to find out it wont work :(

I remeber seeing the x2 on amazon but its not there anymore?

The biggest problem would be keeping the Anypower devices charged. Hardwiring the x2 was so easy that even I managed it. Just identify the right fuses with a multimeter and then it's really easy from there :)

I'm afraid the german gremlins are complicating things :(

Ran into a problem today where the camera stopped recording today. Tried power-cycling it, but it still could not record on the front camera. I took the memory card out of the camera and did a disk scan using Disk Utility. It reported the following errors:

Verifying volume “HD2_F”Verifying file system.
Checking volume.Checking main boot region.
Checking system files.Volume name is HD2_F.
Checking upper case translation table.
Checking file system hierarchy.
Checking active bitmap.
The bitmap needs to be repaired.
Rechecking main boot region.
Rechecking alternate boot region.
The volume HD2_F was found corrupt and needs to be repaired.
File system check exit code is 1.
Error: This disk needs to be repaired.
Click Repair Disk.​

I repaired the sd card and now all is well.

Here is a video showing the problem https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45oqs3qixSmw. Sorry for the shakyness.

I'm running version 1.01.09 of the firmware.

Anyone else seeing an issue with corruption? Would adjusting the power-cut-off setting for parking mode help? I currently have it set at 12.1 volts. It would be nice to see some sort of repair functionality built into the camera.

I'm using these memory cards https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CHHTOII

@piano thanks for letting me know about Amazon. Their automated system just blocked my SKU.

UE7D7pU.png

I'll figure out what the problem is ASAP. This happened once before with the Panorama G took a week to resolve. (crazy system sometimes)

For now you'll have to buy direct

You can trust everything is safe here, we have A+ SLL security ratings as good as most banks. I also ship faster than Amazon as well :) I'm very generous with RMA/returns direct etc.

@Zandt, Your problem doesn't happen very often but shouldn't happen ever of course. A new minor code improvement has been identified and is being worked on ASAP. (just had a chat with SM via skype) This should result in a nice stability boost in the next firmware update. The power cut-off is also being fine-tuned since some healthy battery voltage will climb back over the threshold after sitting awhile. (teeter tottering on the cut-off value) Adjusting the way it monitors voltage will also improve long term stability. All good things in the works! Innovation and Improvements are non-stop as always. I'll keep everyone updated when the next firmware is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok it's fixed, the problem was "they" didn't like the condition note of "Brand New" I had to change the description to "New"
Done and Done. (talk about nit picky!) Listing is back online.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00OPFCSD8While I prefer you buy directly, I understand the allure of Amazon as I'm a power shopper myself :)

Is there a way to 'press a button' to mark a clip as an event (a bit like a manual emergency button)?
If not would this be able to be added to a firmware update in the future?
There are many times when I see something and want to mark it for review at a later date and this feature would make finding the clip easier and takes advantage of having the screen.

Is there a way to 'press a button' to mark a clip as an event (a bit like a manual emergency button)?
There are many times when I see something and want to mark it for review at a later date and this feature would make finding the clip easier and takes advantage of having the screen.

Yes. There is an emergency file rec. "button" on LCD screen.

I think there is... Is it the hazard button guys? Either way, I doubt you'd have enough time to move your rear view mirror and press that button (assuming you don't have to press the screen to take it out of sleep). I'd like to say a wireless manual button you can attach to your dashboard in future versions that you can press to save a file as an event. That way if you see something in the road ahead but the G sensor hasn't been activated you can save it easily

There is a "trick" how to save emergency file within a flip of the second without even touching a screen or moving a RVmirror:
1. for everyday normal driving select g-sensor at least to "medium"
2. when you need an instant emergency file saving, just give a little flick on the main unit and it will activate a g-sensor and will save an emergency file.

Firmware 1.02.00 rumors are rear select bitrate has been corrected and the spike of speed. Sounds like a great start of fixing bugs. 30 inches of snow today what a workout!

Not yet mate unfortunately - the speed spikes potentially need tweaking both in camera and in Registrator Viewer too. We'll see what happens when the next version of both come out how things are looking :)

30 inches?! On the news earlier it was saying you didn't get those storms but sounds like they turned up eventually - I've never seen that much snow!!

Bug fixes are good.

Was a slow start this winter for snow but this storm made up for it and then some. I so need to move south.

Back