2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

I finally mounted mine in my 2015 Subaru Impreza. Took about an hour to route all the cables around all the airbags the car has. Took the front camera off the mount for the night to let the adhesive set. Latest firmware loaded on the SD cards, tomorrow fuze taps arrive and I can finish the wiring, then test unit and finally, upgrade firmware.

Since my car has the 'Eye Sight' safety feature I had to mount the front unit as high and close to the middle as possible. Otherwise it would mess up the adaptive cruise control, auto brake, etc.
K3Z1ilg.jpg

You can barely even see it from the drivers side of the car.
2bFMjNf.jpg

Unfortunately there was too much glare to see it from the outside of the car in my pictures. There is plenty of room to change the angle vertically, hopefully it does not see any of the other tech in the feed.

So, yesterday morning I wired it into the auxiliary fuse box. Connected constant power to the power locks and the ACC to the 12v cigarette fuse using add-a-circuits. drove around in the morning everything is happy. Go to leave for work and the alarm completely locked out my key fob (no keyless entry, no push button start, alarm going off when door opened, etc). 2 hours at the dealer later to find out this has been happening with models with keyless access and start. The dealer said I didn't do anything wrong with the install; that tapping those particular fuses would not have caused this problem. And here I thought I broke it. Hopefully I get my car back today.

I've had it installed on my Forester with eyesight as well. Has been running the cam for half a year and no warnings from the car so far.
tmp.JPG

How interesting, Subaru still has not been able to fix mine. They claim that the cars electronics are so sensitive that installing a radar detector and dashcam can kill it (they also claimed that installing LED interior lights has cause the same problem for them). Where do you have yours tapped in? I chose door locks for constant and the 12v cigar outlet for ACC.

I've had it installed on my Forester with eyesight as well. Has been running the cam for half a year and no warnings from the car so far.
View attachment 14094

Are there any retailers/dealers of X2 in Hong Kong? if not, anyone knows where can i buy it?

Im having a bit of trouble here, maybe someone could help. I have 2x 128GB cards installed: PNY 128GB MicroSDXC U1 I. The video when I view on a pc is good but it lags and stutters. It will pause and then play etc.. its recording but the videos have issues. I popped one card in my pc today and noticed that the card is formatted using exFat and not Fat32. Is this an issue?? the cards are getting full but still have about 304MB free and is set to overwrite old files.

Most likely the playback software. Try using VLC player, Media Player, Registratorviewer, or Dashcamviewer. Also try copying the files off the card first to play them directly off the hard drive rather than memory card reader.

X2 has native exFAT support in the firmware when it formats larger cards.

I copied file from me card on to PC and I still get the stutter. Like the sound is trying to catch up to the video.. Yes, they play back fine on the viewer but without sound..

Just veiwed a bunch of vids on the actual dashcam and they play fine sound and all when the speaker is turned on. Ill try to view vids on another pc to isolate issue, thx guys!

Just veiwed a bunch of vids on the actual dashcam and they play fine sound and all when the speaker is turned on. Ill try to view vids on another pc to isolate issue, thx guys!

you may need updated video display drivers or install updated codecs, the K-Lite codec park can generally sort a lot of issues out

Where do I find installation instructions for the GPS module? Do I have to mount on windshield or can I plug it in to the unit and hide the unit in the roof of my Jeep?

Also the issue of video playback was the problem of the PC I was using. Nothing wrong with the dashcam or the cards.

Where do I find installation instructions for the GPS module? Do I have to mount on windshield or can I plug it in to the unit and hide the unit in the roof of my Jeep?

needs to be able to get signal so can't put it under a tin roof, under a soft top is ok though

I got my GPS antennas along the top of my windscreen.

Yes antenneas as in 3 of them, it can be no other way with all the stuff i am testing in my windscreen ATM.

You have to make sure the right side of teh GPS antenna is facing the sky, some come with sticky pad preinstalled for mounting on dashbord, so if you stick one of those on a windscreen the up side will face down.

On some antenna you can flip the inside 180 degrees, others you have to move stocky pat to the other side before you glue it onto windscreen.

PS. 2 of my 3 antenna is just wegded up between the headliner and the windscreen, a okay temporary solution for the test cameras.

Putting a GPS antenna on the dash bord in the corner by the A-pillar should be okay too, to make sure just dont glue it in place before you have tested is and found it working.

I think you might be able to do that, but the problem is there is a buttload of ways antennas can talk to the rest of the camera, so you have to make sure every one speak the same language / protocol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back