2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Can't recall max length possible, it was far longer than what would be needed though, from memory the included cable is around six meters long

I have 1.5 and 2 metre video extension cables for Panorama X1 and X2. Tested, works fine.

Thats awesome... My last Dashcam was a Cammsys CL-100B and the rear camera used standard USB protocol. The cable was exactly 5 meters long and if you extended it by only 6 inches the rear camera stopped working.
Had to instal an active USB extender.

The CL-100B was absolute rubbish. Had both front cams replaced once and the rear cams replaced twice. In the end, the seller offered me a full refund.. Those devices simply could not handle the Aussie summer heat.

I do need to try some ferrite clips as you can see a bit of what I'm guessing is noise introduced over the cable.

It's my car as the Lukas does the same so not all cars would see it.

I think it's a LVDS connection that is made over the long USB cable - does that sound about right @jokiin?

Thats awesome... My last Dashcam was a Cammsys CL-100B and the rear camera used standard USB protocol. The cable was exactly 5 meters long and if you extended it by only 6 inches the rear camera stopped working.
Had to instal an active USB extender.

was tested up to about 18 meters from memory

I think it's a LVDS connection that is made over the long USB cable - does that sound about right @jokiin?

there is a send and receive chipset used, what protocol they use though I'm not sure

Great to know that i won't have the same struggle as last time.. :)

Panorama X2 + Sun-Fix + Quadlock System ;)

http://sun-fix.com/product.php?ProductID=43&UILanguage=EN
http://www.quadlockcase.com/

siayEKk.jpg
IeqVyNj.jpg
VrefNIi.jpg
hCkG3fg.jpg
CoYOq8y.jpg
fUlFYmA.jpg
kISWCUm.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe nice 3 in 1 solution, thats allso a reason why i never take my dashcam out of the car.
Many makers will have you inserting a lot of plugs to get back up and running, and IMO those connections should be via the base so that you just click in your camera and then is ready to go.

Just wondering. would this unit work with only the front cam on?

I will have the new car tinted. so i can't stick the rear cam on for a month after tinting.

I will have the new car tinted. so i can't stick the rear cam on for a month after tinting.
Yes. It can work with only front camera working.
There are temporary work around solutions to mount rear cam. What is your car make / model / year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read early on that some people were going to install the cams backwards ( rear for front and front for rear)

Anyone accomplish this? how did you extend the power cable?

Got any pictures?

the ends of the power cable are stripped so you can attach longer wire to connect to fuse panels if you want to. no problem.

i didnt wire the system in reverse.

It will. I've been driving around with the rear camera unplugged for a little bit more than a month now. You will receive a message when you power on the camera but the front lens will keep recording. No problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back