2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

After R&D + Tooling costs are recovered, there is great interest in this, but can't do both at the same time unfortunately. Step by Step the innovation will be non-stop into 2015. 2K/2K is already being explored for example. It's a never ending evolution as you know so don't wait for the next best thing forever.
I understand. (very limited with options as cannot put dascam behind rearview mirror due to sensors hood, so considering buying something cheap/temporary like Modius or Innovv C3 or wait a bit longer for a dream device)

I understand. (very limited with options as cannot put dascam behind rearview mirror due to sensors hood, so considering buying something cheap/temporary like Modius or Innovv C3 or wait a bit longer for a dream device)

You can always put the main X2 unit in back, and remote lens camera up front behind the mirror.

You can always put the main X2 unit in back, and remote lens camera up front behind the mirror.
Do we know yet if the lens used in the front and back units is identical? Just thinking one may be slightly different affecting that cam quality, a side by side with both front and back cams next to each other will tell for sure though :)

Very interested in this. The only thing is my back window has tinting and the heating lines have kind of ruined the tinting, resulting in my back window being kind of blurry. I'll have to get it re-tinted I think, or buy a new car :D

re-tint that sucker and get ready for the X2. this is the must have in car dvr system for the atomic age!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe even leave a nice camera "hole" spot possibly when you re-tint.
Definitely a great idea - tinting is a nightmare for these cams - I have factory privacy glass so trying to make the best of a bad situation - the day is ok, it's just night time really separates the men from the boys when it comes to dash cams.

maybe even leave a nice camera "hole" spot possibly when you re-tint.
sorry, BUT I do not recommend this. As with the sun behind any car the "spot" will be immediadetely visible to anyone behind. I can see my rear camera, without any hole. So pluh-ese imagine how visible it'd be with a "look at me" hole hiliting it?

Just thinking if you combined it with a lens hood couldn't you keep the open area pretty small anyway?

How dark is the tint you're talking here @Trypt? Are we talking a light smoke or are you going full on limo tint? @niko went for an alternate solution with a webbing type cover that works as a tint but the camera sits behind - much better suited for dash cam usage!

Here we go, these are the ones:

(Just had a look and they're a couple of miles down the road from me!!)

Just thinking if you combined it with a lens hood couldn't you keep the open area pretty small anyway?
agreed, however ( another form of but ) the hole would still be there.

I have a respectable honourable chinese rear dashcam with CPL. And am purrfectly happy with the results, given that it's only 1080p 12 fps. a lens hood would only block sunshine, not voyeurs:cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back