322 will not open/record when ignition is turned on.

graylin50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly could not update firmware to latest version so cannot view recordings on my iphone. Phone/cam connected but no 'fast' wifi connection - continual buffering. Now the dash cam will not open/record when I turn ignition on. Pressing power button opens into 'Not Recording'. mode. Once open of course it will not turn off when ignition turned off. Increasingly dissatisfied with this product. Online manual less than useful. Any help please?

Put the firmware onto your memory card and put it into the camera (format the card first). Download the latest version off the Nextbase website.

Also, tell us how you have the camera wired up - 12v ciggie socket or a hard wire kit. If the latter, to which fuse.

Don't blame the camera just yet - the Iphone is a pain cos it's Iphone. It can be the phone that is the problem.

Last edited:
Hi,

We also have Firmware update visual GIFs available that show to load the Firmware onto your SD card. They're too large for me to attach onto this forum, but if you'd like to pop onto Live Chat, I can send them over.

What SD card are you using?
Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?

Whats your power supply cabling?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Put the firmware onto your memory card and put it into the camera (format the card first). Download the latest version off the Nextbase website.

Also, tell us how you have the camera wired up - 12v ciggie socket or a hard wire kit. If the latter, to which fuse.

Don't blame the camera just yet - the Iphone is a pain cos it's Iphone. It can be the phone that is the problem.
Hi sorry for the delay in responding. Dashcam is hardwired and now records ok. I have updated the firmware to the latest version and the cam has paired with my phone ( Motorola moto g7) via Bluetooth. The nextbase firmware recognises the dashcam and creates a live feed connection but the fast wi-fi connection just buffers so I cannot view live feed or past files. Any ideas please?

So:

On the Dash Cam- can you see the Wi-Fi icon in the bottom right? Is it white?

On your phone- Is your Wi-Fi on the phone turned on?

If you go into the Wi-Fi settings, can you see the Cam listed? Does it say it's connected?

If you turn on Aeroplane mode, then turn on BT and Wi-Fi, can you then connect?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi guys looking for advice please. I have fitted a couple of nextbase cams to the kids cars no problem and they seemed to work straight away. I was bought a GW322 and a hard wired kit. Wired everything up and charged the cam before plugging in. First problem was the camera only seems to operate manually I.e. Won't work with ignition on or off. It's not the wiring as I have also tried the cable that plugs into the cigarette socket and still no joy.
I thought the issue maybe the the firmware as on the cam is 16.3 and believe there is a later version but I have also tried via the app to get the latest version installed but this is the second issue. Doesn't matter what I do my iPhone doesn't want to connect to the cam? Any suggestions on either of my problems would be appreciated. Could they be linked? Thanks in advance

There seems to be a common thread forming here. Firstly to update firmware I had to ask Nextbase for a SD card with the firmware update on. Take dashcam off screen remove existing SD card and insert update SD. You will need to connect to a power source via the USB cable but directly into a wall plug. Do not connect via an extension lead as it will not work, something Nextbase does not tell you! My update started to run but continually buffered. Eventually I ignored the warning screen and disconnected the dashcam to find the update had worked. However my iphone will still not link to the dashcam although it states 'files ready to view'. No matter what I have tried I can get no connection between cam and phone. For me this is a problem and from this feed I am not alone. By the way, tried to download the software from Nextbase website on a number of PC's to find it blocked as a virus! In my opinion something needs sorting here. I just hope I do not need to give anyone a copy of the cam feed until this is sorted out Nextbase, permanently. Please get it sorted.

I'm not technical at all, and I hope you get a solution.

Just a couple of things I noticed from the 2 posts - a common thread forming there is the iPhone so maybe it's a phone not a cam issue?

And using an extension lead should make absolutely no difference - you wouldn't even get a voltage drop.

MrP - have you tried that cam in one of the kids' car too?

Graylin - I have just downloaded the firmware in the last 30 seconds from their website... Took less than 2 seconds to complete and there is no virus.

I don't work for NB by the way, just so nobody thinks I'm being defensive of them

So yesterday managed to pair my iPhone and can only assume it was pot lock as I tried for hours the previous day and so did my son and I only followed the same steps.
I then managed to update the latest firmware and put the cam back in the car and assumed it was working as switched on with the ignition and then switched off.
However this morning I have a different problem as it will switch on with the ignition no problem but I have to switch off manually? Any one can offer a solution to this?
Paul thanks for the idea of possible wiring but I believed I eliminated this by using the hard wired kit and then tried the fixed cigarette lighter cable and both operated the same. Unless you are thinking it maybe how my car operates?
Graylin I also agree with you that most things these days are plug and play and in my experience usually work first time. This camcorder is definitely driving me bonkers and certainly taking my Easter up!

It could be a car model, but I really wouldn't know tbh.

Thanks Paul and tried in my sons car and works fine which can only mean that it's the accessory fuse point in my Honda. The strange thing is I tried charging my mobile off this and it only charges with the ignition on which is why I used it? I might try a different fuse point to see if that works.

Awesome m8.

At least you're now able to work toward a good conclusion, hopefully discovering this might help others as well.

Back