522GW - Edit Protected/Unprotected files.

FourAcess

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hello!

Im new to the forums and dashcam in general, but i have been testing a little and found some negative and positive things about the camera.
The thing im trying to figure out and find a good fix to is editing a «protected and unprotected» file into ONE video with a smooth change between.
I have been Setting my camera up to capture 3 minutes long videos, but my little problem happens when a file is getting protected.

Protected files are only 30 sec long. So if i want a longer time before the crash for example i need to edit this into one video. But, since the protected file getting captured 10 sec prior i then need to clip away 10 sec from the unprotected file, since the unprotected video stops record when its getting protected... and then i cant firgure out how ro edit to get a smooth video when it plays the video..

is there a way to make it 30 sec protected file, but still get the 3 min unprotected file? That whould be the best...
The protected file length should be justable...

Hope someone got some tips
Have a nice day!

Hi there,

I'd recommend using some video editing software to splice the footage together smoothly. I can't recommend any in particular for legal reasons, but there are plenty available for free if you type 'free video editing software' into Google.

Let me know if there's anything further I can do to help :)

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back